It's just June.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

NorthernBill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
On the way home from Pilot, I noticed the local corner used car lot has 5 Sprinters now. Been pretty rare to see any for sale around home. May have to stop in and check them out for grins and giggles. Although, I 'll probably leave laughing after seeing the prices :D
Sounds like fun, let us know what you learned!

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hanging around Southern Pines, NC...delivered this morning...not seeming to have much luck but the day isn't over yet...last carrier didn't have much luck with NC freight, hoping Murray has better luck.

Sent from my SM-G950U using EO Forums mobile app
I have a buddy that works for your ex carrier. He seems to be doing just fine out of NC. Always gets a load out within 24 hrs.

Reactions: ntimevan

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Think I'm going to sound like OVM but changing carrier is not a magic pill. Lot of talk yesterday about cost of being with one carrier different from another business model. The day before there was the ever popular rate discussion. And, Mark made a very pithy but accurate reply to one of our Eastern European friends. The funny thing about many of what I read from y'all about carriers is some people have good experience with a carrier, and others bad with the same carrier which can only mean it's not the carrier, it's how the O/O runs his/her business. I am in NO WAY suggesting that I have an answer or that I am doing better than someone else. Just offering the thought that changing carriers, like changing jobs, is and should be done to match your business model with a carrier for fit and happiness, not the expectation of more miles or more CPM.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using EO Forums mobile app

in-Transit

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Think I'm going to sound like OVM but changing carrier is not a magic pill. Lot of talk yesterday about cost of being with one carrier different from another business model. The day before there was the ever popular rate discussion. And, Mark made a very pithy but accurate reply to one of our Eastern European friends. The funny thing about many of what I read from y'all about carriers is some people have good experience with a carrier, and others bad with the same carrier which can only mean it's not the carrier, it's how the O/O runs his/her business. I am in NO WAY suggesting that I have an answer or that I am doing better than someone else. Just offering the thought that changing carriers, like changing jobs, is and should be done to match your business model with a carrier for fit and happiness, not the expectation of more miles or more CPM.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using EO Forums mobile app

Thinking this is a generally directed statement I'll agree with your statement . I will add that everyone has to "fit" where they are going ! Round hole doesn't fit in a square block without a lot of collateral damage ! I hate moving carriers it's a nightmare , I loose a :censoredsign: ton of money and time but sometimes a mans gotta do what a mans gotta do !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VSprinter

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
As a Business note .... i hope everyone has Money put away for the 2 week model change over in July .... its a nice time to take a break away from this business ... also a chance to Attend the EO convention ... I M O

hauling freight from a Pond near you
"2 week model change over in July"?

Sent from my i-sung.

VSprinter

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
You guys keep on looking for those long ones or leaving. I've been getting stupid money on short loads around Michigan. I'll take them every day.
1 or 2 offers on short ones while I was there for 2 days.

Sent from my i-sung.

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
"2 week model change over in July"?

Sent from my i-sung.

That shut down is for the automakers runs. They retool for new model year. However, that doesn't mean you will not get a load to them. I've run through July and got more going to the auto plants for contractors, than when they were making Auto's.
Now July 4th no one will be working. But, you can still get a run dropping off on the 5th.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Reactions: ntimevan

VSprinter

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
That shut down is for the automakers runs. They retool for new model year. However, that doesn't mean you will not get a load to them. I've run through July and got more going to the auto plants for contractors, than when they were making Auto's.
Now July 4th no one will be working. But, you can still get a run dropping off on the 5th.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums
Market is such that we can't predict anything anymore. It's pure luck to anyone anywhere nowadays.

Sent from my i-sung.

Reactions: Worn Out Manager
Status
Not open for further replies.