It's football time

RedBird

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Ahh Rod, such good memories we had... "He was fired from his position as head coach one day after coaching the Lions to the worst single-season record in NFL history, 0–16 in 2008"

He may have been a terrible head coach of the Lions but he was a great defensive coordinator for the Bears!

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Ahh Rod, such good memories we had... "He was fired from his position as head coach one day after coaching the Lions to the worst single-season record in NFL history, 0–16 in 2008"

There's that "Underwhelming of the Lions" again. It's the sequel to "Silence of the Rams."

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Can't believe the Colts turned it back into a game.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EO Forums mobile app

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Scratch that, I can't believe the Colts just won. Andrew Luck is an incredible QB and just needs to work on a couple of things.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The colts about put me in cardiac arrest, honestly shocked we came back and won.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using EO Forums mobile app

paullud

Veteran Expediter
The colts about put me in cardiac arrest, honestly shocked we came back and won.

An amazing 28 point come back to win by 1. It seemed like Luck let the pressure get to him in the first half but then settled in.

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Scratch that, I can't believe the Colts just won. Andrew Luck is an incredible QB and just needs to work on a couple of things.

That fumble recovery and jump over the pile for a TD was pretty cool.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
My sister is a big Colts fan. She spent a number of years in KC where she pulled for the Chiefs. She moved back to Indiana and jumped on the Colts bandwagon.
I was busy yesterday and recorded the game. I planned to watch both games starting about 90 minutes later.
I text Sis and told her my plans.
I was up on the roof and my wife yelled up that Sis just texted, hinting at the outcome. Said I should read it after I view the game. An hour later, the punk (Sister),texted again. Wife screened it as I was watching the game.
It was funny when I read them later.
Her first text: Don't bother. (watching the game)
Second text; Go ahead and watch it. You won't believe the outcome.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Chargers-Bengals Ho hum, bring on the next game. I may just play Madden during this one as I really could care less about either team :rolleyes:

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The article states he bought the team on the same day Kennedy was assassinated. How ironic... the death of a president AND Detroit football championship dreams, all in the same day.

Yeah it was. I came across a newspaper my mom had saved the day JFK was assassinated a couple of months ago. Both made the front page.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
View attachment 8275

That about sums it up.

---I think I'm burned out on NFL this year. After seeing the Lions, KC, Packers go down I'm left with one team I care about. If Denver chokes along the way, ahhh I don't even want to think about it :rolleyes:

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
That about sums it up.

---I think I'm burned out on NFL this year. After seeing the Lions, KC, Packers go down I'm left with one team I care about. If Denver chokes along the way, ahhh I don't even want to think about it :rolleyes:

Burned out is a good term, I think. As a Seahawk fan, last year was a glut of ups and downs, culminating in what was one of the greatest playoff games I've ever seen, in the loss to the Falcons. This year was nothing less than expecting a SB victory. We got Sunday Ticket, so I could watch every game; which I did. It's great, and at the same time, meh.

Methinks I put other things on my plate, which are pushing this season to the floor. That and all the drama that Goodell and the WWE of the gridiron tries to feed us. We don't need a reality series; we need our dose of weekend gladiators fighting tooth and nail to bring home the Lombardi.

I think I've overdosed on the circus part of bread and circuses.

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Now that Jeff Ireland has been fired I will stay a Dolphins fan. Maybe next year will be the one.