It's a Merry Christmas Month

tenntrucker

Expert Expediter
Went to sleep being only st8 in Fort Campbell area, wake up with 3 L1 st8s sitting next to me. Looks like Taylor here.

sent from my Galaxy S3

tenntrucker

Expert Expediter
Funny thing just happen, I'm #1 on the board, and standing here talking to driver of tk#2 when he get a load offer call. We call dispatch on it, they claim I'm on reserve which I know nothing about. So I call in to see what's up, and am told I'm not on reserve. So I call them on this and they have the nerve to get short with me.

sent from my Galaxy S3

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Funny thing just happen, I'm #1 on the board, and standing here talking to driver of tk#2 when he get a load offer call. We call dispatch on it, they claim I'm on reserve which I know nothing about. So I call in to see what's up, and am told I'm not on reserve. So I call them on this and they have the nerve to get short with me.

sent from my Galaxy S3

Someone probably took you off reserve right after the first call. As far as being short if it was under 5'6" that's just wrong. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using EO Forums mobile app

tenntrucker

Expert Expediter
Time to watch some safety videos...Foreman says it takes almost all day....guess I'll find out just how long a civil servants day really is.....LOL

Rumor has it this is going to be your plow truck.....:D

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1386872516410.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1386872516410.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 111

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Funny TN.

Well that session lasted till noon....have reading homework....probably do my co driving hrs next week.....Man...the cockpit is exactly that....more controllers,joy sticks, switches and readout screens..to control all 3 blades operating at the same time and then the conveyor belt and spinner wheel......at least most of them are now automatics....one less thing to worry about...:)

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Trucks do go on and off reserve. If you look at a screen it can show a unit reserved, refresh it and they are off. They also can be set to reserve and expire after a certain time.

Whoever was short with you, I apologize. They should have taken a bit of time to explain that.

tenntrucker

Expert Expediter
Trucks do go on and off reserve. If you look at a screen it can show a unit reserved, refresh it and they are off. They also can be set to reserve and expire after a certain time.

Whoever was short with you, I apologize. They should have taken a bit of time to explain that.

Ok, but wouldn't I be contacted about a offer before a reserve being placed?

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Ok, but wouldn't I be contacted about a offer before a reserve being placed?

Sometimes. It would depend on the situation, load, customer etc. Often times they know it is a load you would want or aren't super worried with a couple of other straights right there. It happens tons of a time all day and you guys never realize it. If they called everytime it would take way too long and the driver would be like "did you get that load?". Normally it works pretty well. Sometimes they criss cross like happened to you today.

tenntrucker

Expert Expediter
Sometimes. It would depend on the situation, load, customer etc. Often times they know it is a load you would want or aren't super worried with a couple of other straights right there. It happens tons of a time all day and you guys never realize it. If they called everytime it would take way too long and the driver would be like "did you get that load?". Normally it works pretty well. Sometimes they criss cross like happened to you today.

In Tn, we call that getting caught with your hand in the cookie jar.

sent from my Galaxy S3

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

Reserve shows up as RED on the dispatch screen does it not?....we CAN NOT see that on FV.....maybe we should?....just an idea....

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Bottom line is, I'm still setting and tk#2 is KC bound....:(

whats that expression....crap happens....# 1 is on reserve..another load come out and #2 wins his bid....they lose your bid....you lose....it happens more then you realize....

and I am betting that a load that were bidding for me and actually they won it and it went to the #1 guy cause they had time to switch off and they tell me they did not win it....so goes it...

tenntrucker

Expert Expediter
whats that expression....crap happens....# 1 is on reserve..another load come out and #2 wins his bid....they lose your bid....you lose....it happens more then you realize....

and I am betting that a load that were bidding for me and actually they won it and it went to the #1 guy cause they had time to switch off and they tell me they did not win it....so goes it...

For sure, got to remember its just me and my imagination sitting here in the truck and he can be a real prick.....:rolleyes:

sent from my Galaxy S3