Is Anybody Getting Freight Around Fort Wayne?

letzrockexpress

Veteran Expediter
I think there was a thread about this a few months ago but I can't find it. Has anyone had any success getting freight from Ft. Wayne or Northeast Indiana in general? Spent a few days there the past couple weeks.. Seemed like no activity. Didn't see any other expediters at the Ft. Wayne truck stop.

Last edited:

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
It's pretty dead around here at Ceva, also stopped by Towne Air and have to say, I've never seen their warehouse so empty
Was in Huntington, Indiana today at Bendix and about 6 of the factories/warehouses near them are now vacant :eek:

Kyle06

Seasoned Expediter
I usually Drive to fort wayne to get out..... usually the same day, but I work for panther other company's might be different

CharlesD

Expert Expediter
I haven't hauled anything out of there recently, but I've seen plenty of freight within spitting distance of there lately.

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
dan the wolf and i have pulled loads from just north of auburn recently. nitely loads to florence ya'll ky. he has done a couple this week already. must be a company thing if you are sitting.

DannyD

Veteran Expediter
I agree on those who said it must be a company thing. I live in Flint, MI. I was told by one of my companies that if I lived in Ft Wayne I'd have a lot more freight. Mind you, they were only comparing Ft Wayne to Flint. Still, it made me think Ft Wayne was at least somewhat busy.

guido4475

Not a Member
If I am remerbering correctly,isn't Diamond Delivery based in Fort Wayne? May be that they have the area covered as well, just a thought. I have been at the house in service since Monday, but only had 2 load offers, which I accepted both, but we did not get them.C&M, Panther, Fed-Ex, Reliable Runners, etc are based out of my general area, so I wonder if this has something to do with it being so difficult to get out east of Cleveland as well.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
No clue on van freight, but both areas are busy as far as straight and tractor freight.

Jefferson3000

Expert Expediter
If you have the Big Brother bubble on your roof, you might check in and see if Big Brother really sees you for where you really are.

Yesteryear

Expert Expediter
All of Indiana is pretty hot for freight. Just deliverd to Indiana and picking up a load in Frankfort IN going to Laredo TX tomorrow morning.

letzrockexpress

Veteran Expediter
If I am remerbering correctly,isn't Diamond Delivery based in Fort Wayne? May be that they have the area covered as well, just a thought. I have been at the house in service since Monday, but only had 2 load offers, which I accepted both, but we did not get them.C&M, Panther, Fed-Ex, Reliable Runners, etc are based out of my general area, so I wonder if this has something to do with it being so difficult to get out east of Cleveland as well.

I haven't been out that way in a year or two but I used to live in Jefferson and got a good number of van loads from mentor, euclid, wickliffe, etc. while with E-1.

nestor7

Seasoned Expediter
I drive a cargo van for Tri-State and Fort Wayne has been very good the last few months. In fact, over the last month, the entire area from Chicago-Detroit-Cleveland-Cincy-Indy has been moving very well as there are hardly more than 2 or 3 trucks available at any one time in this area. Anyway, I have had good loads from that area.

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Just to drop a note or 2. If you sit & listen to people talk
you will know that Straight trucks are realy moving compared to the Tractors trailers. The role has now reversed in 2005-2007 Tractors were running hard. But as the econony has change the Price Wars on freight have begun.

Fort Wayne and Indianapolis have always been great to get freight.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Haa Yes IRT..remember a few years ago the talk in here was that CV's were on the way out....but now look....they've been sooo busy...especially the sprinters taking the C type loads..

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
Well, Well got a call and am picking up in Lima, Oh going to Woodbridge, VA
I love starting out the week good:)
OVM our rates stay put we don't run cheap freight, maybe that is why we are slow sometimes.