Is a Toilet too much to ask for?

greg334

Veteran Expediter
I don't get this, there is a debate over if one should get it or not?

What is wrong with all of you?

Where can i purchase the theford potty.Wife wants one,ok me to LOL. Any links would be great .Thanks Jeff& Den

I got mine at camping world, Belleville. Any camping world should have them, but call ahead.

I got rid of the fridge (actually burned two of them up) and put the toilet where that used to be. I got more storage space and have a fridge out of a boat that fits right below the microwave - so I will be like the apartment on wheels crowd.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Got mine at WalMart (thanks, SusieQ) but check both the camping and RV sections - it was in one, but not the other.

bubblehead

Veteran Expediter
I've drawn the line in the sand for my husband about me continuing with this lifestyle. We've been at this a year and for me to continue I really need to have a REAL potty in the truck. We notice new trucks with toilets but can buy one of those. What's a girl to do???

I know this is an old post but it was a question we were pondering also. Tired of the nastiness of truck stops to put it mildly and having a nice comfortable truck (minus a shower/toilet) we decided to look at our options. Comming from a background that included RV ownership and all the comforts and having drove for an owner whos truck had a shower/toilet (although so small it was almost useless), we felt we knew what we needed. After talking with the original sleeper builder 'AA' we settled on a package that actually exceeded our expectations. The requirements were simple. Shower at home performance, enough capacity for long hot showers without frequent refills, a toilet sized for an adult and enough room in the shower to really move around. What we got was a comfortable shower/toilet combo that we both can shower at the same time (cozily) and a simple system to maintain. The grey water tank and black water tank matches the capacity of the fresh water in that we only need to service about once a week. What a life changing event. I feel like I am in my RV days again. The net gain in weight was 118lbs before adding fluids and shelving was added in other areas so that we didn't lose any space for that. Microwave/refrig was lowered to meet my wife's height and we did this all in our existing truck with a 96" sleeper. The builder Alex and his crew did a great job and the price made us smile. So look into retrofitting if you are happy with your existing truck and I am sure the remaining sleeper companies would be happy to discuss this with you.

Attachments

• POTTY TIME 003.jpg
    POTTY TIME 003.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:

sparkle8859

Seasoned Expediter
when i first started out in trucking I dident have one,I was attacked in a rest area in the middle of the night. I know stupid move getting out at night by my self, but it is a saftey issue for me.. I now have the bucket one an use vanilla sented trash bags from walmart.
I have a very sensitive gag reflex an the outher ones smell real bad to me.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I like those vanilla scented Ruffies trash bags. They're what I use in the truck, for both trash and for use with the bucket. Except I don't have the bucket.

Vinnie T

Seasoned Expediter
Get some adult diapers between truck stops

Can it be challenging using the travel crapper in the back of a bouncing truck if your on one of those hot loads (no pun intended) that has to deliver direct with no stopping

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
There is no load in this world that you can't stop for a personal break.. I would not work for a carrier that pushed like that...

Reactions: LiAyN

Vinnie T

Seasoned Expediter
There is no load in this world that you can't stop for a personal break.. I would not work for a carrier that pushed like that...

Government loads come to mind, but they pay great! They sometimes follow you to insure the load is delivered. Not as much as the carrier as the customer.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Government loads come to mind, but they pay great! They sometimes follow you to insure the load is delivered. Not as much as the carrier as the customer.

I guess that is where a porta pottie comes in handy....

Other then that those black SUV's could follow me into a rest area and hold my hand whilst......

Reactions: LiAyN

witchywoman07

Seasoned Expediter
couldn't live without my porta potty. hubby fought it at first but finally caved in. have had one for 12 years now (not the same one, buy a new one yearly). now he can't live without one.

cranis

Expert Expediter
Driver
Old five gallon plastic bucket(used for paint), toilet seat,w/lid,
potty bags(or deoderized garbage bags) and a little pins sol.;)

Yesteryear

Expert Expediter
I've drawn the line in the sand for my husband about me continuing with this lifestyle. We've been at this a year and for me to continue I really need to have a REAL potty in the truck. We notice new trucks with toilets but can buy one of those. What's a girl to do???

I have a porta potty with wag bags. Much nicer and more sanitary then using a porta potty with the liquid. Each bag contains a gelling agent and deoderizer plus toilet paper and hand sanitizer. I buy the bags off EBay per 100 case has ran me anywhere from 40 to 80.00 a case. If you order them from the website it will cost around 300.00 for a 100 case. The bags insert in the toilet and are several uses. I insert a fresh bag each morning. The old bag you just tie up and put in the outer Ziploc bag (each bag comes w the outer zip bag) and dispose of it in the trash at the rest area or trk stop. Best thing next to a real bathroom.

Sent from my VS950 4G using EO Forums mobile app

Jamin_Joe

Seasoned Expediter
It's really too bad that you cant install a fresh water and sanitation tanks like the RVs have.

I am really holding back with my redneck comments about solutions since Ladies are present.

truckblue

Expert Expediter
Driver
I bought a " Lug-A-Loo " at Bass Pro Shops. It's a toilet seat designed to fit over any 5 gal bucket. I use a plastic trash bag for waste. It has saved me more than once when I didn't have a rest room handy or pulling off the road cause I couldn't wait another minute.