Introduction

MoeMiles

Seasoned Expediter
Just a hello from me(new member) and a little blurb..I am with TST Expedited Services.They have an office in Windsor Canada and 2 offices presently in the USA.One in Toledo and one recently opened in Woodhaven Mi. next to the Detroiter truck stop.They are doing cross docking their for those who wish NOT to go to Canada because of the speed limiter law and the passport crap..Not a bad move on their part..I know 1st hand they are fairly busy and have an aliiance with Expess 1 Expediting for freight.I have been in trucking for 30 odd years and have seen it slow before,and i tell ya its a little scary out there..The bright spot as i see it is fuel is coming down and at TST they offer a sizeable discount at some fuel locations,which obviously helps the drivers bottom line.Thanks for listening and Im out.

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Welcome aboard, Glad you are happy, you should be a recruiter for them!

moose

Veteran Expediter
They can open more cross dock locations in Medford ,OR ,Reno NV , Vegas NV , kingman AZ ,and Yuma AZ ,...
I hear many trucks in the CA TA's will run it for free...

Moose.

tropigal

Seasoned Expediter
Hi, I'm another new one! I've been reading a bunch of posts here. Very interesting reading. I'm thinking of doing the expediter business soon. I've been working on boats all my life. Mostly captain on private yachts. I've worked off both coasts of the USA, the Bahamas, Caribbean, and the Mediterranean. So I know how it is to be away traveling for long periods of time.
At the moment I'm driving a 125 passenger tour boat part time and I'm also doing independant Courier and delivery service. I'd really like to stay on land now. Thinking of driving a cargo van for an owner for awhile. I don't need to make huge money to get by. If I like it (which I think I will, no owners you have to live with on board a boat!), I'll then get my own van.

Hope I meet some of you sometime!

A bit late but: Happy New Year!

Shadowpanda

Seasoned Expediter
Welcome to both of you. I'm new here myself. Have stuck my foot in the water and so far I'm not missing anything! ;)

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Welcome to both of you. I'm new here myself. Have stuck my foot in the water and so far I'm not missing anything! ;)

Welcome to EO, you can find many good people here that will help you along your way in the expedite business. Teamcaffee, Davekc, Leo, Greg, Moot, Cheril, trutle and many more I can't remember off the top of my head.

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Welcome to our little world here you find everything you need from answers to questions to spirited conversations.to just support, just ask someone here knows the answer.

wallytrucker1

Expert Expediter
An to think I dream of being on a boat in the Bahamas as I sit in a backup or trying to get down a frozen interstate without getting killed; something is messed up here...

tropigal

Seasoned Expediter
An to think I dream of being on a boat in the Bahamas as I sit in a backup or trying to get down a frozen interstate without getting killed; something is messed up here...

Haha! I knew somebody was gonna go there! But after being on those boats for years at the owner's and guests beck an call from the time you wake up to the time you go to sleep for months on end you start to crave some freedom. That and trying to get the boat accross a large strech of open ocean in 25 foot seas without getting yourself and passengers killed, you also think something is messed up! Also, when the owner sells the boat and you have no idea when you'll get another job you start to question your security. There are pros and cons to everything. I'll miss some of the great places I've visited and some of the great times I certainly have had.
Having control of your own financial fate with a small business while keeping a sense of adventure and freedom of the open road doesn't sound too bad. And after running a truck or van for a month or so, you can always go chill in the Bahamas for a week or so!
At least that's what I'm thinking.

RGB1952

Seasoned Expediter
Hello Out There,

Just Joined the EO forum today.

Am not in the business yet.

Attended the knoxville workshop yesterday and wanted to give a quick thanks to all that helped in putting it on.

The information was extremly helpful in getting started on a business plan.

Stay well ,

RGB1952

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Welcome to the forums. Be sure to read the newbies section. Go back as far as you can. Don't be a stranger.

DannyD

Veteran Expediter
Hey Moe,

Welcome to the board. For the most part a pretty good lot here. I'm guessing you're a Canadian then?

dhalltoyo

Veteran Expediter
Welcome!

I am renewed myself.

The information found here is priceless.

As for myself, I don't know anything about expediting, but I am continually learning.

Last edited:

Hahpi_Savvas

Not a Member
This to introduce ok. My name is Hahpi and I drive sprinter truck for my realative who is sick with hospital stay there. My american friends from school call me bunny, you can too they say because bunny is hahpi too.