In the tank.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I am neither delusional nor stupid on this issue.
I never claimed you were either of those.
Except implying that I am kidding myself implies deluded thought, that I'm failing to see reality, and stating that I'm smarter than my comments may indicate implies a certain substandard intelligence or an excess of ignorance and foolishness. As I said, I can assure you I am neither on the subject.

But you are human ... and therefore suffer from the same frailties that we all suffer from, at least to some degree or another.

To assert otherwise, would require a degree of narcissism almost beyond belief.
On those statements I do not disagree. However, I clearly stated my reasoning for my comments. You are certainly welcome to refute or disagree with my comments, as doing so would further debate. However, by making it about me, it pretty much shuts down the debate, doesn't it?

JohnWC

Veteran Expediter
I just don't get a lot of this BS .
Have you ever heard women talk about outher women?
Different races talk about different races ?
It seems to me that it is only incorrect when somebody else is doing the talking.
I've listened to some of the BS being said on all sides for a lot of years.

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I just don't get a lot of this BS .
Have you ever heard women talk about outher women?
Different races talk about different races ?
It seems to me that it is only incorrect when somebody else is doing the talking.
I've listened to some of the BS being said on all sides for a lot of years.

Women treat other women far worse than men treat women. That has been my experience as a single father who has 3 daughters.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Reactions: JohnWC

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Comey updates Congress to let them know that after reviewing the Weiner device and all of the emails to and from Hillary that their original conclusion reached in July has not changed.

Think the press will go back to loving him and touting his impartiality now?

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Comey updates Congress to let them know that after reviewing the Weiner device and all of the emails to and from Hillary that their original conclusion reached in July has not changed.

No ... I think the press will continue to question how exactly it was he got played by a bunch of apparently out-of-control rogue agents wildly waving a nothingburger.

There may be some small degree of respect for how he at least attempted to set things right however.

FBI Chief: No Charges Against Clinton After New Email Review

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter

No ... I think the press will continue to question how exactly it was he got played by a bunch of apparently out-of-control rogue agents wildly waving a nothingburger.
Right. "We love Comey. He's off the hook. He's impartial. He didn't do this because he's partisan, he did this because he got played."

There may be some small degree of respect for how he at least attempted to set things right however.

FBI Chief: No Charges Against Clinton After New Email Review
"We love him now. He did the right thing."

More likely, really, the press will still be mad a Comey, stating "too little too late" because the damage was already done with that letter from 10 days ago.

Meanwhile, Dirty Harry reports one of his horses has its head missing. Wonders if it is located in Comey's bed. :JC-hysterical:

Reactions: muttly

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
CNN can't just research and come up with their own questions? Curious if they asked the RNC for questions to ask Dems.
Wikileaks dump of over 8,000 emails shows DNC prepared Wolf Blitzer and Jake Tapper for interviews with Trump and Cruz | Daily Mail Online
Throughout most of this election cycle I thought it was curious, and very noticeable, that the mainstream media, and CNN in particular, just so happened to coincidentally be focused on the same talking points and issues in their interviews and reporting as the DNC and the Clinton campaign. It leaves the distinct impression that these issues and talking points are not merely campaign strategy, but are rather the most important issues on which the voters should focus and heed as most important. Now we know.

It's interesting that CNN's Brian Selter, who CNN and his own self present him as an impartial media critic, has consistently defended CNN and the mainsteam media as being unbiased. He even did a show where he had 4 critics (3 of them Trump supporters) who listed many examples of clear bias. The plan was obvious that he was going to debunk them and smack them down, but he got owned. He wasn't deterred, and has since kept up with the ruse.

On Sunday he did a lengthy piece about how the public's distrust of the media is all Trump's fault, because of his war on the "crooked" media, never once mentioning that even 79% of Democrats think the press is biased.

After that he had a panel of four real, actual journalists who ripped him and CNN a new one over mixing journalists and partisan shills on their conversation panels. They were particularly critical of CNN's use of Donna Brazile and Corey Lewandowski, both partisan shills on CNN's payroll. It's an interesting discussion. I find it funny that he lambasted Brazile for embarrassing all of CNN with what she did (because, of course, she got caught). But early on in the discussion, as Selter tries to downplay what Donna Brazile did, he gets smacked down by, of all people, Karen Tumulty of the Washington Post. The topic of the debate question about the Flint water problem, he notes that, "to be honest...it was such an obvious question," as if her giving that question to the Clinton campaign was no big deal. Tumulty stops him in his tracks with, "But if it's so obvious, why send it?" His reaction is hilarious. Just pretended she never said it.

Reactions: muttly

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Stelter saying it was an obvious question was the wrong answer. It doesn't matter. What matters is that Brazile secretly fed debate questions to the Clinton campaign to help them defeat Sanders. And Hillary's campaign accepted them and apparently didn't try to stop it.
Brazile Sent More Debate Questions From CNN To Clinton

Last edited:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Here just an awesome article on the media. And not just because it has man y of the same points I've been talking about for years.

How Do We Hold Our Cable News Organizations Accountable?
And that's just cable news. The internet is worse with online blogs written by hacks and accepted as news by many.
Yeah, the Internet is way worse, because they have no responsibility to be honest brokers of the news, and most are largely unaccountable. They spew this stuff in an echo chamber for people looking to confirm their own bias. Broadcast and cable news generally can't afford to do that, because they are accountable to advertisers and ratings, if nothing else.

The other problem with the Internet is, as you noted, people accept this as news. When people read something in print, they will believe it, even if it's made up. One hack makes something up, and at the speed of light it gets promulgated to hundreds or thousands of other like-minded sites, and then those who believe it at face value will use the reasoning that the same story is to be found all over the Internet, so it must be true. That how we still have people to this day who believe the American taxpayers paid for a chartered 747 to fly Obama's dog, as the only passenger on the flight, to Martha's Vineyard.

Stelter saying it was an obvious question was the wrong answer. It doesn't matter. What matters is that Brazile secretly fed debate questions to the Clinton campaign to help them defeat Sanders.
And on the heels of the person she replaced as the DNC Chair doing the same partisan helping for Clinton against Sanders. Debbie Wasserman Schultz denied any taking sides at all, until she got caught red handed taking sides. Then Brazile not only denied it, she claimed to be a persecuted victim, a martyr, in an attempt to demonize those who would even question her about it. Then she, too, got caught red handed. Not only does it matter that Vice Chair Brazile was taking sides in the election, the DNC Chair did the same thing. Others in the DNC performed likewise partisan acts. That's something that should be aggressively investigated, and by not investigating it, CNN implicates themselves.

And Hillary's campaign accepted them and apparently didn't try to stop it.
I don't blame them. I wouldn't try and stop it, either. :D

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
CNN can't just research and come up with their own questions? Curious if they asked the RNC for questions to ask Dems.
Wikileaks dump of over 8,000 emails shows DNC prepared Wolf Blitzer and Jake Tapper for interviews with Trump and Cruz | Daily Mail Online
CNN is strangely silent on these.
Now that I think about it, it's no wonder CNN went to great effort to try and scare viewers into not reading the Wikileaks emails ("It's illegal for you to read them.") They knew they were up to their necks in DNC collusion and corruption.

Also, after further reading into the emails, it's laugh-out-loud, pee-in-your-pants hilarious how the DNC and Podesta (and a few others) were just spittin' bubbles livid over Trump having not paid taxes in years ("he hasn't paid a cent") when they discovered that Trump's tax avoidance was directly because the "passive-loss relief was a core component of Bill Clinton’s 1993 tax plan."

"A “disastrous” 1986 tax law, which saw real estate moguls lose millions, was overhauled by President Clinton in 1993. His ‘passive-loss relief system’ continues to give major tax breaks to real estate investors – including Trump."

JohnWC

Veteran Expediter
Maybe next time they will be nonbice and just report the truth and leave thier opinions to themselves