Illegal immigrants caught

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
A columnist? Do you know how many columnists out there giving their two cents about something? Republicans were criticized for nominating an older,white, wrinkly person with stale ideas. So you won't be voting for Hillary right?

I'm not a fan, so it's unlikely. Depends on who the other choice is, ultimately.

cubansammich

Not a Member
Fox News has discovered and been built by their discovery that the right is filled with empty headed folks who will believe whatever a pretty talking face tells them.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
There you have it Cheri. Cube's comment about the physical features of women on Fox News. Just because a women happens to be pretty doesnt mean she can't be smart too.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
A valedictorian, an actual law professor, a university student at 14, degrees all around, an accomplished lot. Certainly superior in many ways to the current regime, top to bottom.

Fox News Women

letzrockexpress

Veteran Expediter
A valedictorian, an actual law professor, a university student at 14, degrees all around, an accomplished lot. Certainly superior in many ways to the current regime, top to bottom.

Fox News Women

I'm with you on Gretchen Carlson. Hot and smart. I remember when she was a local Cleveland anchor. I liked her then also. The others are marginally attractive and a couple of them are a little too mouthy for my taste...

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
There you have it Cheri. Cube's comment about the physical features of women on Fox News. Just because a women happens to be pretty doesnt mean she can't be smart too.

I certainly hope not, as I happen to personally know women who are both attractive and intelligent. [None who are conservatives or Republicans, though] ;)
But that wasn't my premise at all: I said it seems the conservative Repubs don't seem to take women seriously unless they qualify as eye candy, and that they can't refrain from mentioning any unattractive features of their political opponents [fat, ugly, whatever].
I still haven't seen anything to refute it, either.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
You probably think those women aren't smart because you disagree with their views. I gave you examples already. Do you have a conservative politician who commented negatively on a womens looks?

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
You probably think those women aren't smart because you disagree with their views.

I think I can separate intelligence from viewpoint: there are some extremely intelligent people here that I disagree with sometimes, it doesn't affect my opinion of their smarts. I think Bachmann & Palin are stupid because the say & believe so many stupid things. I think Hilary Clinton is very smart, though I disagree with a lot of what she says and does.

I gave you examples already.

Not one of which was relevant.

Do you have a conservative politician who commented negatively on a womens looks?

The politiciaans are too street smart to get caught saying it, but look at the women, and draw your own conclusions about what they aren't saying. The ones who do say it aren't politicians, just talking heads, commentators, and many who add comments after an article.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
There's plenty of ugly on both sides to go around and I'm talking inner ugliness not outer.

Sent from my Fisher Price - ABC 123

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver

Wrong, it's exactly what I meant. Only the woman who criticized Palin for looking "too thin" said the invective [response] was coming from both sides, lol. Some days, you just can't win. ;)
Seriously, muttly: before you jumped in to defend the conservative viewpoint, did you even consider whether what I said might have a bit of truth to it? Or did you assume that because it's critical of conservatives it must be wrong? Or is it just wrong because I said it? I never saw the UCLA study Turtle linked, it's just something I noticed lately: R women tend to be attractive [even if batsh*t crazy, like Bachmann], and Conservative commentators tend to point out the physicaL shortcomings of their opponents in discussions where it has no bearing. The natural conclusion is that it's the appearance that matters to conservative Repubs, rather than the substance.