Illegal immigrants caught

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Cheri, the amount of water you heave over your shoulder for libs,whether choosing to embrace a double standard or to turn a blind eye and offer lame excuses to explain away my examples, could supply a village. Haha. I gave you the Piers Morgan quote. I'm sure there a plenty other examples. By the way, the OP is titled: Illegal Immigrants Caught, not Road Runner Creeped By Conservatives, But Blindly Thinks Libs Are Different. LOl

Last edited:

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Lib radio host obsessed with his fantasy about Michele Bachmann.

Bachmanns Elicit Revealing Fantasy from Radio Libtalker | NewsBusters

Again, you're barking up the wrong tree, muttly. The fantasy was about both Bachmanns and their insistence that homosexuality is a choice that can be unmade, not about how attractive [and therefore worth paying attention to] Michelle is.
Again: where are the unattractive [but brainy] conservative/Republicans? And why do the right wing talking heads always need to point out the physical imperfections of whomever they're disagreeing with? And do the liberal/Democrat talking heads do it too?
I'm asking because I have noticed these things, but don't have enough familiarity with the talking heads [on either side] to feel sure of it, so I thought you guys could help prove or disprove it.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Again, you're barking up the wrong tree, muttly. The fantasy was about both Bachmanns and their insistence that homosexuality is a choice that can be unmade, not about how attractive [and therefore worth paying attention to] Michelle is.
Again: where are the unattractive [but brainy] conservative/Republicans? And why do the right wing talking heads always need to point out the physical imperfections of whomever they're disagreeing with? And do the liberal/Democrat talking heads do it too?
I'm asking because I have noticed these things, but don't have enough familiarity with the talking heads [on either side] to feel sure of it, so I thought you guys could help prove or disprove it.

You have Ted Cruz who I wouldn't find attractive but apparently "brainy" because as a new guy, that is all the democrats seem to talk about.

ted%20cruz%20AP.jpg

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Cheri, are you asking me to find an unattractive female conservative? What talking heads on the right are you referring about?' I don't see much of politicians commenting on looks. That would be stupid politically.

Last edited:

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
You have Ted Cruz who I wouldn't find attractive but apparently "brainy" because as a new guy, that is all the democrats seem to talk about.

ted%20cruz%20AP.jpg

Of course they're talking about him - but did any of them include any reference to his attractiveness [or lack of] in their comments? I haven't seen any that did....

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Cheri, are you asking me to find an unattractive female conservative?

Can you? One that is taken seriously, I mean.

What talking heads on the right are you referring about?'

Glenn Beck and Sean Hannity are the most well known, and they do it often. Rush Limbaugh's comments on Sandra Fluke's testimony about birth control included references to her attractiveness - was that relevant? [As if any of his attack was, seeing as how he thought more birth control equals more sex]

I don't see much of politicians commenting on looks. That would be stupid politically.

So would threatening the financial interests of the entire US because you dislike legislation that you failed 40 times already to overturn, but that didn't stop some Republicans from trying extortion, when all else failed.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Andrea Mitchell from NBC thought he was attractive.:eek:
Don't think it was an endorsement of any kind.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
That's what I'm talkin about: we all pay attention to attractive people, that's human nature. What it looks like, though, is that the Republicans endorse the attractive people, no matter how dimwitted they actually are. And conservative comments, whether from the talking heads or the ordinary joes follow that pattern.
It was the comment "like ugly on Whoopi" that got me started, lol, because it was so typical of the type. It's fine to trash someone's statements, but what does their appearance have to do with it?

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
That's what I'm talkin about: we all pay attention to attractive people, that's human nature. What it looks like, though, is that the Republicans endorse the attractive people, no matter how dimwitted they actually are. And conservative comments, whether from the talking heads or the ordinary joes follow that pattern.
It was the comment "like ugly on Whoopi" that got me started, lol, because it was so typical of the type. It's fine to trash someone's statements, but what does their appearance have to do with it?

Probably just human nature. I don't think any party has a lock on it other than how the media portrays something.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Who said 'ugly on Whoopie'? Actually for the most part, liberals endorse the 'attractive candidate' in recent past anyway. Libs go for the rock star candidates: Barry, Kerry, Gore, Clinton. Republicans chose McCain a few years ago and all the libs would say about him was how old and wrinkly he was. What's up with that Cheri?

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Who said 'ugly on Whoopie'? Actually for the most part, liberals endorse the 'attractive candidate' in recent past anyway. Libs go for the rock star candidates: Barry, Kerry, Gore, Clinton. Republicans chose McCain a few years ago and all the libs would say about him was how old and wrinkly he was. What's up with that Cheri?

The "like ugly on Whoopi" was a columnist's description in something LDB linked, I forget what. And I've seen a lot of nasty comments about Michelle Obama's appearance, and of course, Hilary Clinton and Nancy Pelosi - but I don't see the same focus on the looks of Republicans, just comments from them about the looks of those they disagree with.
McCain's age is a valid concern for a POTUS, that has nothing to do with looks, but the potential for medical disability.
If you'd said JFK was elected for his looks, I'd probably agree with you, lol, but I can't recall another D candidate who inspired that kind of chatter among the liberals since then.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Cheri, because your subjective view that 'attractive conservatives' don't have any substance or intelligence to them doesn't necessarily make it true. Maybe you have bought into what the liberal media feeds you. I can make the same claims about the lack of substance about Michelle Obama, Hillary, Nancy Pelosi or many others.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
A columnist? Do you know how many columnists out there giving their two cents about something? Republicans were criticized for nominating an older,white, wrinkly person with stale ideas. So you won't be voting for Hillary right?

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Clinton was the libs JFK. He really did try to emulate him too. Just ask Monica,Paula, Kathleen, or Juanita..

Last edited:

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
There are plenty of very attractive conservative women with plenty of substance. Ever watch "The View"? I don't unless forced to as in waiting room television but not living in a vacuum I'm somewhat familiar. At some point you've had Rosie O'Donnell, Whoopi Goldberg, Meredith Viera, Barbara Walters, and Joy Behar among others. All definitely on the liberal to ultra-liberal side and all varying degrees of maybe semi to not attractive. Then you have Elizabeth Hasselbeck, the lone conservative and the one very attractive woman on the show. Substance? EH does quite well and even though outnumbered 4 to 1 holds her own.

There are many other attractive conservative women and many other unattractive liberal women. There are exceptions as well I'm sure. It seems as if there's a link of some sort between outward attractiveness and inward political/idealogical intelligence and common sense though as the numbers seem to skew in that direction absent the occasional exception.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
There are plenty of very attractive conservative women with plenty of substance. Ever watch "The View"?

Nope. Don't have [or want] tv. When I take the occasional 'indoor plumbing & cable tv break', the advertising is so intrusive and offensive, I remember why I don't want it in the truck.

I don't unless forced to as in waiting room television but not living in a vacuum I'm somewhat familiar. At some point you've had Rosie O'Donnell, Whoopi Goldberg, Meredith Viera, Barbara Walters, and Joy Behar among others. All definitely on the liberal to ultra-liberal side and all varying degrees of maybe semi to not attractive. Then you have Elizabeth Hasselbeck, the lone conservative and the one very attractive woman on the show. Substance? EH does quite well and even though outnumbered 4 to 1 holds her own.

There are many other attractive conservative women and many other unattractive liberal women. There are exceptions as well I'm sure. It seems as if there's a link of some sort between outward attractiveness and inward political/idealogical intelligence and common sense though as the numbers seem to skew in that direction absent the occasional exception.

The most prominent conservative women [AFAIK] are Sarah Palin, Michelle Bachmann, Ann Coulter, and [less so now] Ann Romney. All of whom have made statements that indicate a lack of intelligence and run counter to common sense. And I don't mean the 'slip' of tongue that every public person commits at some time, but totally dumb remarks. On more than one occasion.
The other half of my observation is that conservative leaning people can't seem to avoid mentioning the [unattractive] physical attributes of their political opposites. You have done it too, numerous times.
If liberal leaning people have the same superficial mindset, bring on the examples - I've been keeping an eye out for awhile now, and haven't seen any.