If you could splurge on anything...

tenntrucker

Expert Expediter
When I "must" print something like a BOL or a contract I just find an Office Depot or OfficeMax in route. It's like 9-10 cents per page. I just email it to their print person and they print. BADOW!!!

Very few have truck friendly parking.

sent from my Galaxy S3

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
I know this isn't possible but "24 hours of peace on earth" would be nice.

Maybe "24 hours of no lies from the White House".

In my dreams.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Very few have truck friendly parking.

sent from my Galaxy S3

I find a lot of them do - at least, I find them when I don't feel like dragging the printer out from under the bed, lol.
A tip of the cap to Murray: I had no idea we could email stuff to them! Using the Drive Axle app, I may not even need a printer anymore. ;)

golfournut

Veteran Expediter
I make more than I ever imagined possible in a van now.No need for a rate increase, thank you.

So they ad no additional comfort and don't increase your rate, you must rich or stupid. The wheels will outlast the vehicle. Why not put the money towards your vehicle replacement. It won't last forever.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using EO Forums mobile app

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
I find a lot of them do - at least, I find them when I don't feel like dragging the printer out from under the bed, lol.
A tip of the cap to Murray: I had no idea we could email stuff to them! Using the Drive Axle app, I may not even need a printer anymore. ;)

Yeah, have your forward email ready to type in their email addy, walk in like a boss and say "I need to email you a PDF attachment to print".
If you only need one page of a multi page attachment be sure to specify that to them. I've saved 9-11 cents several times. :)
But they ALL are used to this procedure. And they don't charge the multi-dollar fee you would think other places charge.

spongebox1

Expert Expediter
A back door digital message board that tells others there to close , but the folks behind me would have to stop texting long enough to actually read the message.

Sent from my VS910 4G using EO Forums mobile app

guido4475

Not a Member
So they ad no additional comfort and don't increase your rate, you must rich or stupid. The wheels will outlast the vehicle. Why not put the money towards your vehicle replacement. It won't last forever.

Why am I getting the feeling it bothers you that I am going to put aluminum wheels and a nice comfy seat on my van?....lol...You drive youre boat, or raft, whatever it may be, and I will do as I seem fit with my paid for dependable only broke down once in 2.5 years vehicle.

golfournut

Veteran Expediter
Why am I getting the feeling it bothers you that I am going to put aluminum wheels and a nice comfy seat on my van?....lol...You drive youre boat, or raft, whatever it may be, and I will do as I seem fit with my paid for dependable only broke down once in 2.5 years vehicle.

Doesn't bother me at all. A seat would be a good investment because it adds driver comfort. Aluminum wheels on the other hand do nothing for comfort or revenue and are costly.

I continue to drive my paid for sprinter with no break downs since I bought it in May of 2011. Still running original wheels.

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
Doesn't bother me at all. A seat would be a good investment because it adds driver comfort. Aluminum wheels on the other hand do nothing for comfort or revenue and are costly.

I continue to drive my paid for sprinter with no break downs since I bought it in May of 2011. Still running original wheels.

ah, but they do. less weight per rolling assembly over steel wheels means less mass to spin which equals better fuel economy. being able to measure significant savings would be hard but the saving would be there in the long run.

golfournut

Veteran Expediter
ah, but they do. less weight per rolling assembly over steel wheels means less mass to spin which equals better fuel economy. being able to measure significant savings would be hard but the saving would be there in the long run.

I agree. On a big truck or even a 6 wheel straight there would be some savings in fuel. In a cargo van or Sprinter the ROI is there.

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
sure it is, anything that promotes better fuel economy, no matter how small has an ROI and to get back the cost of a set of rims for a small cube truck would be doable. cost couldn't be much over 600.00 bucks. plus there are other added benefits to the wheel end weight reduction. such as less wear and tear on breaks and bearings. if he drives it a year he will get his money back !!!!!

guido4475

Not a Member

Aluminum wheels are around $450.00.....A tax writeoff.. 2011 model? I would hope you have the original wheels on it!...lol...I just happen to like the look of aluminum wheels. Guess I shouldnt mention the $425.00 refrigerator I bought last week...lol..

By the way, didnt you have a roller deck in you're Sprinter?

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Well Guido's truck cost about a forth of what our sprinters did. He might think we are the stupid ones. I think he has room for spending a little on rims.

Sent from my Fisher Price - ABC 123

golfournut

Veteran Expediter
Aluminum wheels are around $450.00.....A tax writeoff.. 2011 model? I would hope you have the original wheels on it!...lol...I just happen to like the look of aluminum wheels. Guess I shouldnt mention the $425.00 refrigerator I bought last week...lol..

By the way, didnt you have a roller deck in you're Sprinter?

Nope, never had a roller deck. $450, is that for good look rims or work truck payload rims?

Fridge is fine if gotta have for creature comfort.

I don't need one. I just eat out everywhere.