Ideas, anyone?

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
One thing on my list that I can't find is the sleeves that slide over a load bar, with slots for Etrack straps on each side. Excellent for securing cargo front to back, or a round container between load bars, but I haven't been able to find them anywhere. I tried Googling various terms & places, but nothing.
Anyone know what they're called, or where to get some?

Poorboy

Expert Expediter
When My Wife was Alive she went to the Fabric Store and Bought some Heavy Duty Stuff and Velcro..She cut it to Fit and Sewed the Velcro On so I Could Remove it when it wasn't needed....Worked Well For Me. :D

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
When My Wife was Alive she went to the Fabric Store and Bought some Heavy Duty Stuff and Velcro..She cut it to Fit and Sewed the Velcro On so I Could Remove it when it wasn't needed....Worked Well For Me. :D
I'm confused: where does the [Etrack] strap connect? :confused:

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
You're welcome. Probably want to buy two for one beam or 4 for 2 beams. They seem a bit pricey for a hunk of stamped metal.

Booker

Expert Expediter
Lodi Metals was a lot cheaper than New Haven Equipment. If I remember, it was like about one-third of the price.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Didn't find any on Lodi's website, but got a phone number, thanks. New Haven is a bit pricey, and Lodi is close to home for me. :)

dancorn

Veteran Expediter
While on the subject, I have been trying to come up with a better way to secure a 55 gal. drum on a skid in my van. Anyone know of a ringed or belted web with cross straps that would be placed over the drum and extend about one third of the way down the drum. It then could be attached via cargo straps to the floor etrack.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
If you don't have E-track on the sidewalls try the C-clamp method. Lock 2 C-clamps on the top lip of the drum. Criss-cross the straps over the top of the drum. The C-clamps will prevent the straps from sliding off the top of the drum. Place a 2 x 6, using E-track stake pocket thingies in front of the drum to prevent forward movement.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
While on the subject, I have been trying to come up with a better way to secure a 55 gal. drum on a skid in my van. Anyone know of a ringed or belted web with cross straps that would be placed over the drum and extend about one third of the way down the drum. It then could be attached via cargo straps to the floor etrack.
You could try one or more of these - they would probably require some modification - but at less than $5 a pop it may not be an expensive proposition:

Surplus Center: Cargo Net

I have one of these (not the exact same one) that I picked up from Surplus Center for a different use around the homestead, but now that you've mentioned the idea, I think I'll toss it in the truck.

The way I have been securing single drums is that I carry a pair of 40"+ 2 x 4's ..... I place them across the top of drum (side to side in the vehicle) and then run a pair of E-track straps front to rear over the 2 x 4's, with the straps locked into my floor E-track ..... securing the drum downward to the floor.

I also run a pair of straps from the sidewall E-track on either side, around the drum and then back to the E-track on the same sidewall.

Last edited:

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Or put a load bar next to the skid, slide 2 logistic sleeves on the bar, snap the strap into one, wrap it round the cylinder, snap the other end into the 2nd sleeve, holding the cylinder tight to the load bar.
Moot, they're called beam sockets, lol, and they're great, too.

YarnDoll

Seasoned Expediter
We have a friend who has his own business. He made ours. I didn't see them on his web site, but if you ask him, I know he'll give you a price. These are metal and very strong. He specializes in making rescue equipment for fire departments. Our carrier asked us to demonstrate load securement, and everyone there was interested in where we got them. The web site is:
ZMAG Home and his email is: [email protected]

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I called Lodi Metals, and according to the salesperson, the sleeves cost "around $12.00 each" - wondering why the price difference, when New Haven charges thirtysomething each?
I'll find out when I get there, I guess, cause Lodi is where I'm goin, next time I go home. :)

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
I'll find out when I get there, I guess, cause Lodi is where I'm goin, next time I go home. :)
Be aware - I believe they are located in Belleville, OH (according to their website) - which is south of Mansfield and east of I-71.

Last edited: