Big Truck I work on Hino trucks. I'll answer any questions I know the answers to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
where is this switch located??? the only switch i can find is on the park brake valve back by the rear axle. its not on the foot (treadle) valve is it??? thank you for all your help

It's not on the treadle valve, nor on the park brake valve. It's on the service brake valve, near the rear axle. The park brake valve has two pressure switches in it, the service brake valve has just one.

I left something out earlier. Unplug it, and put a jumper wire across the two terminals in the harness connector.

Reactions: MIA Hino

Rburg

Rookie Expediter
cant find it. i found the park brake valve with the 2 switches in it but the service brake valve does not have any switches in it.

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
There's a bunch of other stuff it could be, but those are going to be much harder to pinpoint without dealer software.

junkpickup

Seasoned Expediter
Fleet Manager
Thank you for all the tips and posts about Hino's. I have 2008 268A with 160,000 miles and would like clean the dpf filter. My local Hino dealer does not do this and will have to send the filter out. That will take to long. I would like to remove the filter myself and drop at off a shop that cleans them. I'm comfortable working on the truck, I've changed a belt, oil, fuel filter and fuses. Take to Hino every other oil change. Is removing the dpf filter difficult? Would you be able to give me a run down on the steps involved? If I can get off myself my truck will only be out service one Saturday morning. Thank you for your help.

Last edited:

Rburg

Rookie Expediter
this truck must not have this set up because there is 2 valves on front of the cross member that does not have any switches in them. there are 2 switch on a air tank on the right hand side. thank you for your time and help with this.

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
this truck must not have this set up because there is 2 valves on front of the cross member that does not have any switches in them. there are 2 switch on a air tank on the right hand side. thank you for your time and help with this.
Interesting.

There is switch on the brake pedal. A quarter turn unlocks it. adjust it so the plunge is fully pushed in every time the brake pedal is released.

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
Thank you for all the tips and posts about Hino's. I have 2008 268A with 160,000 miles and would like clean the dpf filter. My local Hino dealer does not do this and will have to send the filter out. That will take to long. I would like to remove the filter myself and drop at off a shop that cleans them. I'm comfortable working on the truck, I've changed a belt, oil, fuel filter and fuses. Take to Hino every other oil change. Is removing the dpf filter difficult? Would you be able to give me a run down on the steps involved? If I can get off myself my truck will only be out service one Saturday morning. Thank you for your help.

If you're lucky, every bolt holding the dpf in will break. Otherwise, they will fight you to the bitter end.

You will probably break off the temp sensor.

Make sure it goes in at the same position. You wont be able to plug the temp sensors in otherwise.

The dpf maintenance schedule is something like 200k miles. Why so early?

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Ok, wanted to get your opinion, I think I have my problem figured out, but wanted a second opinion. I have been getting ABS codes 31 and 32, sensor clearance on both front wheels. I checked the wheel bearings and they are in good shape, I see no problems with the sensor wires, but the tone ring on the back of the rotors are in pretty bad shape. I am going to order 2 new rotors, new pads and repack the wheel bearings. Just wondered if you had seen where rusty rotors had caused sensor issues?

My truck has hydraulic brakes, just replaced the rear pads and those were pretty easy, I like how the caliper does not have to come off to replace the pads, the rotors were in good shape, just took my grinder and removed the little lip on the outside edge of the rotor.

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
Ok, wanted to get your opinion, I think I have my problem figured out, but wanted a second opinion. I have been getting ABS codes 31 and 32, sensor clearance on both front wheels. I checked the wheel bearings and they are in good shape, I see no problems with the sensor wires, but the tone ring on the back of the rotors are in pretty bad shape. I am going to order 2 new rotors, new pads and repack the wheel bearings. Just wondered if you had seen where rusty rotors had caused sensor issues?

Absolutely. They get so rusty that when you try to wire brush it off, basically 3/4 of the tone ring disappears. This is the OEM Meritor rotors, too. Or a big chunk of rust will pop off, hit the abs sensor, nudge it back a bit, then you get codes for the air gap being too wide.

My truck has hydraulic brakes, just replaced the rear pads and those were pretty easy, I like how the caliper does not have to come off to replace the pads, the rotors were in good shape, just took my grinder and removed the little lip on the outside edge of the rotor.

Sounds good to me!

lippy

Rookie Expediter
Hi Got my 2008 hino back from the dealer with a new injection pump and running well , but the acceleration is terrible !! takes forever to get up to speed. any ideas wht it may be?,, hate to take it back to the dealer.

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
Hi Got my 2008 hino back from the dealer with a new injection pump and running well , but the acceleration is terrible !! takes forever to get up to speed. any ideas wht it may be?,, hate to take it back to the dealer.
Check engine light on or off?
This may be the brake switch thing I've posted about numerous times. I've described how to check them not long ago. I'm just disappointed that they gave it back to you like that.

lippy

Rookie Expediter
check engine light is on .and it has been on for at least a year.. it never goes out. that's y I hate taking it in..... Ill try to find the thread about the brake switch.. Thank u for your time!!

lippy

Rookie Expediter
I am told it is the differencial pressure sensor that is causing the problem with the power acceleration struggle because the regen is not completing.. wht do u think??

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
I am told it is the differencial pressure sensor that is causing the problem with the power acceleration struggle because the regen is not completing.. wht do u think??

I'm going to assume that the rear of the dpf exploded a year ago, and it recognizes the lack of differential pressure.
that in itself won't cause the lack of acceleration. Do you have a copy of a repair order with the codes on it? If not, call them and get a copy of the system protection data. This is automatically saved to their computer. Its a five minute job for them to retrieve this data, print it, and FAX or email it to you

Last edited:

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
There is a recall out right now. It involves reflashing the ecu, setting the exhaust brake, inspecting the dpf, and replacing it if its damaged. If its not damaged, they will regen it to make sure it does it properly. They should have checked to see if this pertains to you. I imagine it does. This will not cost you anything.

If you are anywhere near Virginia, my shop can knock all of these problems out for you pretty quickly.

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic

If the threads in the sensor bung get mangled (and they will) you'll need a M12x1.25 tap to clean them up.

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Hi all. I've been working on Hino trucks almost exclusively for the last few years, and I'm pretty familiar with their ins and outs at this point. If anyone has a question, I'll be happy to answer it, if I know the answer.

I think this may deserve an exclusive forum. PM me if you agree.

vishnu

Rookie Expediter
my hino 700 park brake light does not go off, some of the wheels are locked up, the air pressure is building normal, what can i check again?

Status
Not open for further replies.