I want to become a straight truck O/O

Islam Elfarra

Active Expediter
Owner/Operator
Howdy,

I'm looking to become a O/O straight truck and i'm currently 22 years old and have been in the trucking industry several years now. I've towed several mobile homes ranging from 30-70 foot long, i've driven straight truck for a moving company for 2 years (Mercedes M2). I need a steady income job, that pays decent. I am seriously thinking straight truck O/O expediting. What is the average pay for this job per mile and month? What expenses do i have to look at other than truck maintenance? Does the company i work for, say FedEx, pay the insurance or? What truck, year and engine (Mercedes, cummins cat, etc) is the best for this job (Hino, Mercedes, Freightliner, etc)? I don't mind OTR or Regional as i'm single.

Last edited:

GrassHopperr

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
on top of claiming 8+ years commercial driving experience, when you're 22 years old? ummm? LOL someone is trolling.

in your original post you included that.......you were 22 and been commercially driving for 8+ years.

then when you realized how stupid you were..you edited the post....

Islam Elfarra

Active Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yes Turtle got it right. I never said i had commercial experience. My dad had a moving business since i was 14. I actually drove his truck at 15 and up lol. You can get your beginners license at 14 in Calgary where we use to live. I've driven 24 ft cargo trailers with a pickup truck, straight trucks (without air brakes) etc etc

Reactions: Turtle

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
One million dollars.
I'm a moron.

I really don't know, but I would think it's about 40 cents a mile.

Daffyduck528

Expert Expediter
Hey dumbass it's a ****ing question answer it right or ignore it how old are you ??? I'm new to this ****
I'm 29 and I've worked my tail off to build a fleet of straight trucks with FedEx. I started by reading the forums and learning the business so I could ask the correct questions and I never was insulting to people that knew this industry. Now have a company that does well in excess of a million dollars gross and will probably hit 2 million in 2016.

Shameless plug, I have a surface truck signed on with FedEx that I need a team for. ;-) PM me anyone interested, except the OP obviously.

Reactions: RoadTime

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Hey dumbass it's a ****ing question answer it right or ignore it how old are you ??? I'm new to this ****
You should probably do A LOT more reading before you do much more posting. If you do that, and you pay attention while doing it, you'll see that calling other members names will be met with consequences that won't benefit you or your career. I don't think it would behoove you to put yourself in a situation where you can read posts, but not be able to make any.

Reactions: RoadTime

Islam Elfarra

Active Expediter
Owner/Operator
Not enough.
I'm 29 and I've worked my tail off to build a fleet of straight trucks with FedEx. I started by reading the forums and learning the business so I could ask the correct questions and I never was insulting to people that knew this industry. Now have a company that does well in excess of a million dollars gross and will probably hit 2 million in 2016.

Shameless plug, I have a surface truck signed on with FedEx that I need a team for. ;-) PM me anyone interested, except the OP obviously.
Good for you. Money does not make me happy in life. I'm extremely satisfied with average, i also already have almost all the toys i dreamed of.