I got a call

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I got a call from a dispatcher last night asking me if I had a certain kind of Plaquards

I said no why U looking for that Paquards?

She said for a Customer!!! I said Thought they suppose ta have em!!!

YA right Im thinking!!!!

I said well Ya got a load for me?

She said No!!!

I said well I sure could Use a set of skins (Drives tires) for the tractor !!!

I didnt call her.

Now Im right across from the Chrome Shop and the Petro
Iwas going to go inside and be nice and see if I could find some for her but when she said no Idon't have a load for ya.

Truthfully Im thinking why ya call me then.
I like to help people but, I will leave it at that.

It dont matter.

Last edited:

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
So in other words, the dispatchers have to understand you before they can do business with you? No wonder you're not running! :D

BTW... I'm moving this to general. Get with the program! LOL

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
So in other words, the dispatchers have to understand you before they can do business with you? No wonder you're not running! :D
Ahhhh ..... but 'Hawk ........ you just don't understand .... the Martian dispatchers do understand Marvin ...... it's just that he's here on Earth ...... 'nuff said ..... ?

Strapped, Clamped, and Locked Away ...... in that Lockbox .....

...... fo' shizzle .....

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
77390j.gif

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Yea I got a call too, about you fighting with FedEx agents on the phone and you brought my name into your fights with FedEx. Please don't do that Kevin.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
You just ruined a perfectly good nawzzle nizzle dizzle with a PM posted in public.

late4dinner

Seasoned Expediter
If the shipper, don't have a clue, and don't have the proper plaquards, then I would wonder if they even know what they are shipping.

With the possible fines up to $25,000.00 plus jail time, I think I would pass on their load.

Maybe the dollar amount and jail time is only for air shipments, but that is what I saw at JFK a coouple weeks ago.

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Yea I got a call too, about you fighting with FedEx agents on the phone and you brought my name into your fights with FedEx. Please don't do that Kevin.

Just to set the Record Straight I dont fight with the Dispatchers.

I ask if they got or have any runs possibly or if any could be forcast.

I wouldnt worry about me naming names, You done that to your self.

See ya down the Road.

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver

BTW... I'm moving this to general. Get with the program! LOL

I been running just running smarter Im not taking every run no more.
I like to move but Im not putting the truck in the red for any one any more unless its to my benefit.

Before I just took loads to keep moving. Since the Price of fuel and tires and mainteance went up I go to slow the Roll and be more choosey with the loads.

If i dont I forsure will run outa money and I cant ask BBG for Fuel money now can I.

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Ahhhh ..... but 'Hawk ........ you just don't understand .... the Martian dispatchers do understand Marvin ...... it's just that he's here on Earth ...... 'nuff said ..... ?

Strapped, Clamped, and Locked Away ...... in that Lockbox .....

...... fo' shizzle .....

Hey let me tell ya U can call me Marvin the martin all ya want or ya can call me ALF or can me what ever it dont matter I gots big shoulders. It just runs off. But since I have met a few old ones out there who have since convinced me totaly that I need to be more selective in the runs and I made a Stupid name for my self when I went for that 4 star award. All it did was make me the give it to him guy he will take it he takes everythng hey Mikey Well Nope not happen no mores. cant do it sorry. Now that box thing thats kinda cute by the way can please slow down so I can get my space ship outa the roof of your Truck. Dont makes me use my Discenagration machine on You!!!! ROTFLMAO

Last edited:

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
If the shipper, don't have a clue, and don't have the proper plaquards, then I would wonder if they even know what they are shipping.

With the possible fines up to $25,000.00 plus jail time, I think I would pass on their load.

Maybe the dollar amount and jail time is only for air shipments, but that is what I saw at JFK a coouple weeks ago.

There was no load offered to me. could have been as the Police say Good Customer Satisifaction.

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Why would the police say that?

My Fellow Americans

Any time a Officer of the Law writes a ticket or a State Trooper writes a Ticket or a Police Officer Writes a Ticket when they get back to HQ and turn in the Tickets its a running joke (THe Term Customer Satisfaction) Do you get it now?

Well Customer Satisifaction in this case would be that the Hard working Dispatcher was doing their best they could to Pacify and satisify the Customer In other words (Customer Satisifaction) But in the Police officers case Good Customer satisifaction is the Signed Ticket!! hmmm

Now do ya get it :)

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
Ice,see i was nice called you Ice,1st,about the plackards,they may have needed ones with the un number and shipper was all out,load was probably not a tractor load,and dispatch didnt know about the plackards til other truck was loaded,that happened to me at jfk,waited 4 hours til a fed ex freight brought me some,but dont go off the handle,when your sitting,this is expedite,goes with the loads we haul.You could be like some of our competition and stay busy with broker loads,that will keep your boss happy,dont think so.You know every load doesnt have to be gravy to make money,but no loads for 3 or 4 days will loose money as does a bad load

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Ice,see i was nice called you Ice,1st,about the plackards,they may have needed ones with the un number and shipper was all out,load was probably not a tractor load,and dispatch didnt know about the plackards til other truck was loaded,that happened to me at jfk,waited 4 hours til a fed ex freight brought me some,but dont go off the handle,when your sitting,this is expedite,goes with the loads we haul.You could be like some of our competition and stay busy with broker loads,that will keep your boss happy,dont think so.You know every load doesnt have to be gravy to make money,but no loads for 3 or 4 days will loose money as does a bad load

Roger that Nightcreacher got yas. But remember I was told YOUR foolish to take if move to a bad area yes. Also what is better making 800 buck for the week Driver pay or 500 for the week driver pay.
the 500 bad area and bottom of the pecking order or 800 and top of the pecking order. We both know the answer to that right. I listened dont forget that. 60MPH saves monie. Yup it does. and so does the Calulated moves hey I listended to ya again as well.
But I Do take a few of the not so desirables as well when they need it. You know that. Thanks again Nightcreacher.:) ole Friend

Hey when we going to have that driving Comp Im chomping at the bit for a shot at YOUR Title :p

Last edited:

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
my co made 1290 this week,only 4017 miles,and we were in motel 1 night,in memphis.wander what I could make if I had your trailer,probably not as much.

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Just to set the Record Straight I dont fight with the Dispatchers.

I ask if they got or have any runs possibly or if any could be forcast.

I wouldnt worry about me naming names, You done that to your self.

See ya down the Road.

Oh you didn't call FedEx rasing cain about not having a load and said "Now I know why David Mayfield pulled all of his trucks" Kevin. I'm not picking on you Kevin I'm just asking you not to put my name in your fights with FedEx.

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I only got one thing to say I was raised to tell it like it is.

Weather its popular or not.

I am Just an HT.

You can court marshal when its over.

Now the spoiled fruit has been found.

Thanks.:)