Hurricane hits Fuel Price sky rockets

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
:mad:Geesh a hurricane hits the coast and the Price of fuel went from 3.93 to 4.55 what a bunch of gougers up here in the North West Quad. Pilot and FLY J Geesh. or so sorry if you pay cash its 4.47

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
:mad:Geesh a hurricane hits the coast and the Price of fuel went from 3.93 to 4.55 what a bunch of gougers up here in the North West Quad. Pilot and FLY J Geesh. or so sorry if you pay cash its 4.47

seems Washington state is the highest according to J website...Oregon Portland is only 3.95...guess ya know where not to fuel up eh?

garman351

Expert Expediter

Does it really matter anymore how much fuel costs?
Our sell out Government is run & controlled by the oil company's and big business, lets not forget the insurance company's.

Oh-Boy big election coming-up, it makes me sick every time I hear either one of those no good liers talk on TV. It's funnny old H.Clinton was running down old Obammalamma before now she supports him? since she was knocket out of the race.

Get ready everybody it's going to get worse trust me, American people are nothing but tax paying pawns to pay the tab for the rich, big surprise there.

I personally am going to Bankrupt my trucking company when we hit the shut down time of Dec 20th. My drivers can make the same average money working locally and be home every night. I'm totally sick of this trucking industry after four years the struggles clearly are not worth it.

Good luck to everybody your all going to need it.

Garman

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Really Garman? The government is run by oil companies?

Well if that was the case, then there would be drilling everywhere. There would be no lawsuits from any environmental group over drilling, there would not be a polar bear on the endanger species list, there would be no concern over the environment for that matter. The companies would not face unfair business practices by foreign companies who get a lot of breaks, they would pay no extra taxes at all, they would be making more money than we have.

Do you really think that the oil companies run the country?

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
Wayy to go there garman. The American way these days. Absentee owner provides poor service (because he's absent) expects large returns, an stead a trying to figgure it out what is wrong, re-tooling, re-equiping, re-personneling, re-evaluating, penciling, changing your skin, to make it work, ya jes fold it. Wow!! Way to go.

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
My drivers can make the same average money working locally and be home every night.

Really? We went home and got local jobs, we couldn't make near the money we make out here. Although we like the open road, if we could make this kind of money and be home every night, we'd be sitting on on front porch right now.

Oh wait...we're out here to make the money so we can add that front porch..without the debt :D

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Talk about find a niche...Swift umloaded here in Rapid City at the Sprinter dealer...they called in a flat bed tow truck and took off 3 Sprinters from a 53' trailer...

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
That's how I got my van home when I bought my straight truck. A company across the street from Fyda allows them to use their dock. Drove the van in there, then when I got home I called a towing company and met their flat bed tow truck at a shopping center and backed the van onto it. I just didn't want to impose on my kids or friends to drive me down to Columbus.

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
We employed a flatbed tow truck many a time to get the freight to the ground there ovm. MANY! Way less damaging than opening the door and hitting the brakes in reverse. Not to mention.... easier on the brakes.