>
>
>
>Davekc
>owner
>22 years
>PantherII
>EO moderator

Great post DaveKc. Another man that tells it like it is, no BS in his posts.

nobb4u

Expert Expediter
RE: Hows the the new FedEx CC FSC program working

OK here I go again putting in my two cents worth. I still have to say that everyone is micro-managing the whole FSC. Here is another example if you feel this strongly about the FSC then how about the detention time, I don’t see a dispatcher sitting there with me while me and my truck are waiting, therefore why should I split my D-time with them and in the same respect why should they get any of my reefer charges or my additional labor. Do you see what I mean if you start picking apart all the pay we receive you can see how this all becomes ridiculous. All that matters is how much does the load pay…if it is not enough then
DON’T TAKE IT.
If you do take the load then you are doing us all more harm than good, in that if someone will haul it then they will keep booking these type of loads.

Like I said just my two cents worth.

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines

This post seems to come from someone that has made up fake screen name and EO caught it and removed his/her user name+.

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member

I think this post has run it's course,points made postive and negative so unless anyone has strong objections we will archive it in the morning.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner

I find it troubling that someone is trying to justify why a company should keep a portion of the driver's FSC.
I think this thread as well has run its course.

Davekc
owner
22 years
PantherII
EO moderator

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member

I don't think there is any justification for a company not to give 100% of the FSC to the person who is purchasing the fuel. To a certain degree you could say the company is lying to their customer by charging them a FSC but not passing it on. They are then collecting revenue under false pretenses.

nobb4u

Expert Expediter

You say the company is collecting FSC under false pretenses but then are they not also collecting D-time the same way, as I have just been trying to show sometimes we just need to look at the big picture we get paid to haul the freight I don't care what I am being paid for what as long as the load pays me enough money..then I will haul it for that rate.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner

Rich,
I would say your last sentence is the best description. Giving the drivers only a portion of the FSC, and subsidizing some non paying customers with FSC dollars from another is another example.
It really looks like an issue that might want to be revisited.

Davekc
owner
22 years
PantherII
EO moderator

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines

Great post DaveKC and Rich.

truckerbse2

Expert Expediter

I would agree that this subject has been hashed over pretty well. I think after a lot of visiting and rolling this over in my brain that the biggest problem with the thing is that a lot of us got really spoiled with what we were making off of the fuel surcharge. Is it fair to make money off of fsc? No, but then it isn't fair that it is redistributed either. All customers should pay a fair fsc. Yes nobb4u, you are correct that if we are worried about FedEx getting a portion of our fsc, why are we not concerned about them getting a portion of our d time? The reefer pay is another story, that is for the same reason they receive a percentage of pay in the first place, they have an interest because it is their liability and they are the ones who have to monitor and make sure paperwork gets where it should.

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member

Gentlemen and Ladies This thread has about all the knowledge that can be obtained posted ,so it's time to lock it and go on to other issues of which there will always be many.

EASYTRADER

Expert Expediter
I was only under the old FSC program for about 3 months. So I can't comment too much about the old system vrs the new. But I can say this regardless of the FSC. I price loads at .90 plus what the cost of fuel would be. At this time fuel is running me about .55 cents a mile. I also figure in deahead miles to PU and to reposition. So I don't care how FECC finds the money, FSC or or the CEOs bonus, as long as I get PAID.

This formula has me TDing more than half of the loads I get offered, for money. But if we did it any differently We'd be going broke because of fuel.

Fuel surcharge is just a gimmick anyway to make your customers think you aren't raising rates when in actuality they are.

As a stock investor I would not invest in FedEx at this time. I think in general they are a poorly managed company. Don't get me wrong, they are nice people and I know as far as FECC is concerned they are honest. I just don't think they are GREAT business people.

Anybody who follows the stock market knows that there are plenty of transportation companies that are making money reguardless of the fuel cost. in the trucking world I cite
CH Robinson WorldWide, and even Southwest Airlines though not a trucking company they are more sensitive to fuel fluctuations than us.

My point is WELL managed companies don't have CEO's blaming the cost of fuel for their lack of performance.

Anyway I got a little off topic there.

Companies with profit and revenue growth every quarter this year;
EXPD, Expeditors International
LSTR, LandStar
CHRW, CH Robinson

These are trucking companies in the DOW 20

Last edited:

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
It is now 7:30 in the morning,ive reread this post,for the last hour,dont know how it filrtered to the top,as i thought it was locked.Here it is in a nutshell.Previous to the new contrack,in most cases our fsc at fed ex cc was high enough to pay for all our fuel for the runs we do,i dont know where you guys are thinking,but the fsc is just to suppliment the higher costs of fuel,not pay our feuel bill.Sure it was nice while it was going on,and that was for many years.When this all came about,I told management i'd give it 30 days,not just leave like some friends of mine did,i even had conversation with another company,no sence bring up who that was.Bottom line,as I stated previously,my income here at FECC is better than anywhere else I can go.I am not in W/G,and just found out recently why I'm still on their list and not in,in some ways maks sence other ways no,but i'm not sure i can make anymore money if i were in W/G,as I do some W/G loads now,and,have done in the past few years.My fsc is based on 6 mpg,well in most cases ive slowed down to the point ,my truck gets 7.5 mpg,this takes that fsc to where it almosts pays for my fuel again.What i have changed,is my non paid miles,i no longer waist 4 or 500 miles each month dead heading home,I'm also more selective in where my loads go,not necessarily what the pay is,except if a 40% advance wont get the job done then they are going to have to find someone else,and that is deliver,deadhead to layover,and probable dead head to pick up,I allow 200 miles for that in evryrun,sometimes it s more,other times its less.Now you all know my secret to sucess.Its worked for me for many years,cant say it would work for you.

While we are on a rant,it doesnt matter who you are leased or where you work,to get on a forum and bash the hand that feeds you,if you have all those troubles with what ever company,why do you stay there?

Reactions: 1 person

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
I wonder also how this post came back up to the top. But reading back through here it appears as if most that are bashing on the way FSC works with FedEx Custom Critical do not even drive for the company and so do not understand why this program is working so well for us.
Without the program the way it is we would really have a hardship with the fuel prices and delivering out in the middle of nowhere. Since we are paid FSC on ALL authorized miles and also get paid dead head miles above 50 it makes it a little easier to except a load to the middle of nowhere. It is also easier to accept a load to the North West knowing you might have to dead head back to California.
With the fuel prices the way they are and the old program I cannot even imagine taking a load to Seattle and wondering how long you would have to sit to get a load out. We ran under the old way and the new way and as far as I am concerned this program needs to stay.

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
It dont mattter what anyone says on here if they dont work for the Company then Ignore them. In latins terms if A company is collecting a fuel surcharge and they are not paying it fully to the one buying the fuel then that Company is plain out stealing. Now that is as simple as it gets. So if any Company is doing that then they are wrong and dont need to be in business. Notice I said ANY Company. Now that is as simple as it gets thanks:)
This post is now ICED and Chained
Thank You

greg334

Veteran Expediter
I don't know..... I never would have thought that FedEx was a trucking company, they don't truck anything....

But the FSC program was explained to me by non-CC people with the bigger picture in mind and I understood the reasoning behind it and further more see where it improves the company's (division's) bottom line.

Like other changes that have been (being) made, there is a corporate reason that these things are being done for, not reasons to help any contractor directly.

As for the company they won't falter, like other big businesses they have their staff who looks into the future and tries to head off problems. FSC, this new dispatch system, etc... If they contract a bit or change strategies, who can complain, it is all about business.

I would investing FedEx if I could, my first choice is to sell short Pfizer but right now my investments sit with Oil futures, got to cash in somewhere to pay for my fuel ;)

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
Marvin,Kevin or what ever you want to call yourself,Iceroad trucker,i guess,you havent learned anything and your still just as dumb,changing your name didnt make you smarter

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
It dont mattter what anyone says on here if they dont work for the Company then Ignore them. In latins terms if A company is collecting a fuel surcharge and they are not paying it fully to the one buying the fuel then that Company is plain out stealing. Now that is as simple as it gets. So if any Company is doing that then they are wrong and dont need to be in business. Notice I said ANY Company. Now that is as simple as it gets thanks:)
This post is now ICED and Chained
Thank You
since you claim to be the iceroadtrucker,use your brain and think of this,99% of the companies that pay fuel surcharge dont pay it on empty miles.We at fecc get our surcharge on all miles dispatched,empty or loaded,in the old system it was just the loaded miles.The customer doesnt pay empty miles so where do you think that comes from

fastrod

Expert Expediter
It all comes from the fsc collected from the customer. Fedex gives you part of it on loaded miles, part on empty miles and probably keep a part for themselves.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
It all comes from the fsc collected from the customer. Fedex gives you part of it on loaded miles, part on empty miles and probably keep a part for themselves.[/QUOTE

I would say it is what the total FSC is. Regardless, I am not a fan of the carrier pocketing a portion of it. That has nothing to do with whether "it is enough, so it is ok" philosophy.
Unless you do a ton of empty miles and deadhead, I would prefer a decent rate on the loaded miles. Why? Hopefully one is running more loaded miles than empty therefore the total compensation is higher.