How Long Before This Happens Here.....

tbubster

Seasoned Expediter
I think rich people owe it to society to share in accordance with their means, instead of finding clever loopholes to shield their income & assets from taxes.
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Thats the problem right there you and people like you think people that have OWE it to the people that HAVE NOT.

Its funny you think that rich people should have strings attached to their wealth,Yet you think anyone who says I need help should just get it and not have any stings attached to that help.

How can we have a real discussion when people like you refuse to admit that none of us have a problem with helping those who truly have a need.How can we have a real discussion when even though I have posted links to prove people abuse the system and that people belive they have a right to this way of life and there are people who chose to live this way,you say you have a hard time beliving it happens.

Judge in Tampa scolds mother who shows no gratitude for profuse aid given her and 12 kids - St. Petersburg Times

Homeless mom of 15 searches for answers

And thats just one example.How can we have a real discussion when if any one brings up ways to stop the abuse of the welfare system that you claim its just because we think everyone is lazy and dont want to work.

With you and the rest of the left telling us how bad it is for the poor and how some can not afford to feed their childern or pay their bills and that the Rich OWE it to the poor to PAY more of the money they EARN to help the poor and they needy.Why is it not OK to ASk them to pee in a cup so we can make sure they are not spending that money on drugs.Why is it not ok to ask the people who get welfare to do 20-30 hours a week in community service work helping to clean up the very towns and citys many of them live in.Why is it you think it is ok to ask the RICH to do more but how dare anyone ask the poor to do more to help benefit themselfs.look at missouri's new law you want help you pee in cup,you test dirty you lose help in order to get help in future must have done rehab.There by you want help from tax payers then you must be willing to help yourself also.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Thats the problem right there you and people like you think people that have OWE it to the people that HAVE NOT.

1: if you quote me, don't misquote me. What I said is that the rich owe society the same duty every able bodied adult citizen owes: to contribute to the general welfare [meaning well being, not the dirty word] of all, including those who are unable.

Its funny you think that rich people should have strings attached to their wealth,Yet you think anyone who says I need help should just get it and not have any stings attached to that help.

2: Stop telling me what I think - you don't know, and your guesses are wrong. Anyone who 'needs help' from the government is required to provide proof, [same as I have to log to prove to the government that I'm not cheating.]

How can we have a real discussion when people like you refuse to admit that none of us have a problem with helping those who truly have a need.How can we have a real discussion when even though I have posted links to prove people abuse the system and that people belive they have a right to this way of life and there are people who chose to live this way,you say you have a hard time beliving it happens.

Comments like "People on welfare have tattoos!" and others like it - never occurs to you that what you assume may not be what you think, is why I would hate to have someone like you deciding who needs help.
And I have never said I have a hard time believing it happens, I know it does - what I have a hard time believing is that a great many people are getting benefits who neither need nor deserve them.

Judge in Tampa scolds mother who shows no gratitude for profuse aid given her and 12 kids - St. Petersburg Times

Homeless mom of 15 searches for answers

And thats just one example.How can we have a real discussion when if any one brings up ways to stop the abuse of the welfare system that you claim its just because we think everyone is lazy and dont want to work.
I repeat: most states revamped their assistance programs years ago, to eliminate the 'lifers' and con artists. Of course there are some still getting benefits, but they don't constitute the majority.

With you and the rest of the left telling us how bad it is for the poor and how some can not afford to feed their childern or pay their bills and that the Rich OWE it to the poor to PAY more of the money they EARN

Earn? Hahaha - the rich don't EARN money by working, they multiply income by investing, inheritance, and sheltering it from the taxes they should pay.
BTW: I am not a liberal - at least no more than the founding fathers were. They tried to create a place where the strong could not prey on the weak, because you know, that's not fair - like eliminating jobs for the sole reason of increasing profit, then blaming the unemployed for not working, when it takes at least 2 jobs to pay the bills.
I'm very much in favor of making a profit, and do it myself - but when enough is never enough, and the rich DO keep getting richer, while the rest of the people are struggling to pay basic bills every month, the system is warped.
to help the poor and they needy.Why is it not OK to ASk them to pee in a cup so we can make sure they are not spending that money on drugs.Why is it not ok to ask the people who get welfare to do 20-30 hours a week in community service work helping to clean up the very towns and citys many of them live in.Why is it you think it is ok to ask the RICH to do more but how dare anyone ask the poor to do more to help benefit themselfs.look at missouri's new law you want help you pee in cup,you test dirty you lose help in order to get help in future must have done rehab.There by you want help from tax payers then you must be willing to help yourself also.
If the states want to impose work requirements on people, that's fine with me - I think every able bodied adult should work.
Oh wait - they tried it, and it didn't turn out too well: too many 'workers' turned out to have psychological issues, no transportation/childcare, or a million other reasons why it didn't work - but it's an idea that would be great, if it did.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Cheri, As much as i would like to see people of all levels of society actually step up like they used to, there is a change in direction that took place in the mid-20th century with government expanding their role and freeing up the individual to do what they want to do. We went from family involvement with people to defining up poverty to fit a political need and then taking the further step to ensure groups of people to be perpetually stuck with no hope.

The founding fathers didn't feel it was the job of the individual to provide for the general welfare and their idea of the general welfare was about food or clothing, iPods or cars but it seems that it was about making sure everyone had the opportunity to chart their own course without the worry or threat of the government.

Reality is that we don't need government, they hinder the progress people can make by providing not the means but the chains in regards of not forcing the person to improve themselves or strive to achieve. I can't blame some of these people to be on social programs, some have to struggle with the issues that they were told that they belong to a class of poor or what ever it is, and they have this mindset that this is what life is all about. I guess it is like an average expediter who doesn't see anything but what the carrier offers them, they are not able to see beyond that load offer or want to.

tbubster

Seasoned Expediter
I did not misquote you.I quoted you what you wrote.What you wrote the 2nd time is not what you wrote the first time.That may have been what you ment,but not what you wrote.I also stand by my feelings that the fact you and the rest of the liberal left beliving this way is what is wrong with america today.The thought that someone else should have to help pay for other people to make it in this country was in no way what the founding fathers had in mind.What I learned in school was that the founding fathers were willing to go to war and risk being killed because they also belived that a man had the right to keep what was his and to keep what he earned,that the king had no right to decide to take more in taxes just because the had more to take.(just to make it clear I know this was not the only reason)

"Comments like "People on welfare have tattoos!" and others like it - never occurs to you that what you assume may not be what you think, is why I would hate to have someone like you deciding who needs help."

Who has said anything even close to this?I myself have never said anything about people on welfare haveing tattoos.I like how you put the quote marks on that statment as if I did though.In fact where has anyone made that statement?You also wrote this is why you would hate to have someone like me deciding who needs help.Thats funny you decide "Someone like me" based of a comment I never said.:eek:Talk about someone telling someone else how they feel.

"And I have never said I have a hard time believing it happens, I know it does - what I have a hard time believing is that a great many people are getting benefits who neither need nor deserve them."

Here is what you said

"Again: given that nearly every state is in financial trouble, it's impossible to believe they are [or would] give money to people who don't need it, or could be self supporting if they tried. The feds and the states redesigned assistance programs many years ago to stop the 'lifetime' benefits, and the financial picture is far worse now than it was then."

WOW you are right What you said was "its impossible to believe"Your words not mine.............

I dont have to guess how you feel you make how you feel Known all by yoursef.

Last edited: