How do you get rid of pet oder??

fuzzyman

Seasoned Expediter
Hello Ladies,
I'm hoping you can help us out by giving us some tips on how you people with pets, keep your truck smelling good?? No matter how much we clean (both the dog & the truck) I am still getting a whiff of dog when I get into the truck! It is driving us crazy! We have tried sprays, such as Febreze & a pet oder spray, but I just can't seem to get rid of it! We try to give the dog a bath as often as we can & we also spray him with some dog deoderant, but nothing seems to work! We also wash his bed often. So, does anyone have any suggestions?? Has anyone tried one of those ionizers that is supposed to purify the air? We can't get rid of him, he's like our kid & he's 10 yrs old!! lol Thanks for any help you can give us!

Fuzzyman

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Pet odors can be lurking a lot of places. Depending on the truck, I would change all of the interior air filters. There is a filter or a additional trap on your bunk blower and likely one if you have a genset.
We used a removable mattress cover that can be washed if your dog gets on your bed.
Some trucks as well have a filter on the fridge since it draws in air. If you have carpet, all you can do is clean it. If it is your truck, I would replace it with linoleum or a wood floor.

ritasroy

Seasoned Expediter
Oust also works for most anything. Spray it when you leave the truck, all windows and vents shut.

My aunt travels alot and she does this as soon as she gets to the motel room.

Oust is at Walmarts and Home Depot

gotta go

Veteran Expediter
My truck owner, the cat, insists that I use the crystal type cat litter. I suggest just setting some out in a bowl. It absorbs odors including cigarette stench. At some Walmarts you can find a brand called Mimi, for about $4.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Check your in cab air filters as pet hair really clogs them. We keep a home spray system from Wal-Mart in the front of the truck and then have an air freshener in the sleeper. We also keep a throw over the bed for Molly to lie on that is easily washed. When we get in or while Molly is out I throw a towel on the seats in the truck to wipe her feet off.

In the summer we keep Molly trimmed up short and in the winter we keep her feet up to her knees trimmed short so she will not drag so much in with her after being outside.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Go get a bag of charcoal, not the briquette kind but the broken wood kind, stick some in one of those lint catchers you buy for the drain tube on a washer, stick it in a box somewhere out of the way. It absorbs the odors pretty well.

fuzzyman

Seasoned Expediter
Thanks everybody for all your suggestions! We'll give them all a try & see which works the best!!

Fuzzyman

babs3361

Expert Expediter
I use Odoban you can get it at Sams Club. It is a professional strength odor eliminator used by fire restoraters. It is also for pet odor. I find this to work the very best. It has a clean fresh scent too. It also elimanites 99% of all germs. You spray it just like you would fabreeze, on rugs, bedding, and in the air.

ron

Expert Expediter
Bad smells. I was told this,and I tried it after hauling chickens in the back,but the smell got into the cab....It will sound strange,but it does work. If you going to be out of the truck for 24 hrs. You take a paper plate....peal an apple....then roll it in new coffee ground...then set it on the floor with all the windows closed. May take a few times,but once all the smell is absourbed,it will need to be only done on occasion. I used to go through a lot of coffee in my trailer.