Honor

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
No lies from apple..what you see is what you get...

You know that there selling you a ticket to "heaven" if you donate...

"You don't have to fill the offering plate to be a good person".. - My Grandfather

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
If one is not religious, I don't know why they would care what the religious folks do with their money or anything else for that matter. No real reason for concern unless they demand you give to the church. Look at it as giving money for the causes of global warming.

Last edited:

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
If one is not religious, I don't know why they would care what the religious folks do with their money or anything else for that matter. No real reason for concern unless they demand you give to the church. Look at it as giving money for the causes of global warming.

I dont know why someone who is not gay would care who somebody loves and marrys??...religion seems to inject themselves into areas they need not to other than to control...

Last edited:

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
2 words....Benny Hin..there's a scam in the name of religion ..promising to heal DESPRATE people..who turn to there god for help...and get bamboozled by this crook...but..never mind it's for god we will just look the other way...which is what has been going on because he is still in "business"...

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Seems like a lot of people getting REALLY rich...in the name of religion. .ohhh tax exempt organization....

That's the problem. .

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I dont know why someone who is not gay would care who somebody loves and marrys??...religion seems to inject themselves into areas they need not to other than to control...
I don't even know where to begin. Wow. Gays haven't been injecting themselves into areas they need not be, in order to control they way others think and act?

Dave's comment was about what religious people do within their religion. Your disdain for religion clouds your thinking and you want to extrapolate and apply that to the things religious people do outside of their religion, which is a separate religion. What religious people do inside their religion, including giving a really lot of money to churches, is contained within their religion. But while you tried to conjoin who gays love, and who they marry, as being one in the same, they are really two different issues. One of them, who they love, is contained within the homosphere, but the other issue, who they marry, is a direct encroachment upon society at large, because it requires society to buy into the notion of redefining marriage. Giving money to a televangelist has nothing to do with society at large - it's within the religion. And they aren't encroaching upon society due to tax exempt status, either. Just the opposite. If you tax them, you give them free reign to encroach in very real ways, none of which you're likely to support.

Nobody cares who gays love. It's when they step outside of that realm and encroach onto society (by redefining terms and demanding they be accepted as normal when they're not at all normal) that people start caring about the encroachment issue. You, on the other hand, don't like what religious folks do when they encroach on society, so you get all worked as well up about what they do within their religion, and you want them to stop it. Using your logic, non-gays should be concerned about who gays love, and should put a stop to it.

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
I don't even know where to begin. Wow. Gays haven't been injecting themselves into areas they need not be, in order to control they way others think and act?

Dave's comment was about what religious people do within their religion. Your disdain for religion clouds your thinking and you want to extrapolate and apply that to the things religious people do outside of their religion, which is a separate religion. What religious people do inside their religion, including giving a really lot of money to churches, is contained within their religion. But while you tried to conjoin who gays love, and who they marry, as being one in the same, they are really two different issues. One of them, who they love, is contained within the homosphere, but the other issue, who they marry, is a direct encroachment upon society at large, because it requires society to buy into the notion of redefining marriage. Giving money to a televangelist has nothing to do with society at large - it's within the religion. And they aren't encroaching upon society due to tax exempt status, either. Just the opposite. If you tax them, you give them free reign to encroach in very real ways, none of which you're likely to support.

Nobody cares who gays love. It's when they step outside of that realm and encroach onto society (by redefining terms and demanding they be accepted as normal when they're not at all normal) that people start caring about the encroachment issue. You, on the other hand, don't like what religious folks do when they encroach on society, so you get all worked as well up about what they do within their religion, and you want them to stop it. Using your logic, non-gays should be concerned about who gays love, and should put a stop to it.

My point....is all along. ..people are making millions of dollars personally under The name of religion. ..people hand it over thinking it's going to some use of god when in reality it's making people of the church VERY VERY wealthy...so that's ok??

If relegion would stay on there side of the fence and do there thing people would not be so upset...
But they have to get in our lives and make us think like them and live by there beliefs...
example ..the pledge of allegiance why do I have to say "under god" in my pledge ..I don't belive in god it was never there before 1954 .....

How can you take religion seriously when they want you to belive all of these outlandish tales...the ark?? Turtle..your a very intelligent individual. .that's not possible in any sense. .but religion says so..how can I as a semi intelligent human being align my life with stuff like that.

As for the gay thing.....talking about encroaching on society (refer back to pledge of allegiance ) ..please organized religion been pushing there agenda for thousands of years on people ..now a small % of society wants what everyone else has as the f'ing world is comming to an end...but again relegion puts there nose in it ..but looks like the gays are winning this one..good for them ...

I do get worked up...there's this movement in government to push religion more and more...look what Scalia is up to...that's scary..

Attachments

• 1412851718362.jpg
    1412851718362.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
My point....is all along. ..people are making millions of dollars personally under The name of religion. ..people hand it over thinking it's going to some use of god when in reality it's making people of the church VERY VERY wealthy...so that's ok??
It's certainly OK with me, yes. They're not making any of those millions using my money. If people don't like how their money is being used they are certainly free to complain.

If relegion would stay on there side of the fence and do there thing people would not be so upset...
People giving money to churches IS staying in their side of the fence, though. You're the one jumping the fence.

But they have to get in our lives and make us think like them and live by there beliefs...
example ..the pledge of allegiance why do I have to say "under god" in my pledge ..I don't belive in god it was never there before 1954 .....
That's a totally separate issue from people inside the religion giving money to inside the religion.

How can you take religion seriously when they want you to belive all of these outlandish tales...the ark?? Turtle..your a very intelligent individual. .that's not possible in any sense. .but religion says so..how can I as a semi intelligent human being align my life with stuff like that.
Well, I don't take them seriously, because it's fantasy, not grounded in reality. At the same time, and for the same reasons, I couldn't care less what they do with their money or how many millions some of them make doing it.

As for the gay thing.....talking about encroaching on society (refer back to pledge of allegiance ) ..please organized religion been pushing there agenda for thousands of years on people ..now a small % of society wants what everyone else has as the f'ing world is comming to an end...but again relegion puts there nose in it ..but looks like the gays are winning this one..good for them ...
I'm not religious AT ALL, yet I'm still dead set against that same small percentage being able to redefine marriage to mean something it isn't and then force all of society to accept it. It's absurdity on a grand scale. My reasons are not religious.

I do get worked up...there's this movement in government to push religion more and more...look what Scalia is up to...that's scary..
And yet you want the government to become intimately involved in religion by taxing churches, cutting a double-sided, two-way opening in that wall of separation. When that happens Congress will still be prevented from creating a law establishing a religion, but anyone and everyone else else will be able to.

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
It's OK for people to run a scam on your grandmother who thinks there giving there hard earned retirement dollars to some TV guy ..no different then a shady contractor who takes advantage of people..

Last edited:

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
You can call gay marriage anything you want...one thing you will be able to call is legal in all 50 state's.

Attachments

• 1412877699454.jpg
    1412877699454.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
It's OK for people to run a scam on your grandmother who thinks there giving there hard earned retirement dollars to some TV guy ..no different then a shady contractor who takes advantage of people..
It's totally different. One deals with a tightly held system of beliefs, of faith and worship, while the other is fraud. You can certainly disagree with those beliefs, but you cannot say with an absolute certainty that those beliefs are wrong. But that's exactly what you're trying to do, especially with all the pictures that you're posting, which are posted solely to make fun of and denigrate people's beliefs. You don't like religious people, so not only do you want to criticise what they do out in society, you want to denigrate them for what they do within their own religion. That's some weak tea, dood.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Regardless of what side of the fence you are on, those people giving money to churches are often and many times used for a variety of charities. Not likely to find that coming out of the gay or non religious/atheist communities in the same portions. Doesn't mean they are bad, but they are in no position to be critical either. Both sides have their extremes and are not representive of the majority.

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
I don't have a problem with normal church giving at your local church...they have expenses.. overhead..salaries etc..the problem is the ones (tv) that get people to tithe ..and there making millions & millions
That's what I'm talking about..
It is so obvious there bamboozling people . .but nothing is done...

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
It's totally different. One deals with a tightly held system of beliefs, of faith and worship, while the other is fraud. You can certainly disagree with those beliefs, but you cannot say with an absolute certainty that those beliefs are wrong. But that's exactly what you're trying to do, especially with all the pictures that you're posting, which are posted solely to make fun of and denigrate people's beliefs. You don't like religious people, so not only do you want to criticise what they do out in society, you want to denigrate them for what they do within their own religion. That's some weak tea, dood.

The pictures are the truth though...what one is a lie..

Last edited:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
That's what I'm talking about..
It is so obvious there bamboozling people . .but nothing is done...

I got news for you, it's bamboozling across the board. The only difference is the scale.