Honor

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Money grabbing TV preacher. ....IMO
Next time driving through Houston on 10 watch on north side of freeway for his building. Its huge...yep keep sending him your $$$$

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Next time driving through Houston on 10 watch on north side of freeway for his building. Its huge...yep keep sending him your $$$$

If you listen to part of the message, the city practically gave them the building. Basically it was a gift.

Lakewood Church relocated to the Compaq Center on July 16, 2005. It is a 16,800-seat facility in southwest Downtown Houston along U.S. Highway 59, that has twice the capacity of its former sanctuary.[3][10] The church was required to pay $11.8 million in rent in advance for the first 30 years of the lease.[9] Lakewood renovated the new campus at an estimated cost of $75 million.[6]
On March 31, 2010, the Houston City Council voted 13–2 to sell the property to Lakewood for $7.5 million.[11]

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
If you listen to part of the message, the city practically gave them the building. Basically it was a gift.

Lakewood Church relocated to the Compaq Center on July 16, 2005. It is a 16,800-seat facility in southwest Downtown Houston along U.S. Highway 59, that has twice the capacity of its former sanctuary.[3][10] The church was required to pay $11.8 million in rent in advance for the first 30 years of the lease.[9] Lakewood renovated the new campus at an estimated cost of $75 million.[6]
On March 31, 2010, the Houston City Council voted 13–2 to sell the property to Lakewood for $7.5 million.[11]

Never trust a man who speaks with eyes closed either. .

Attachments

• 1412542470620.jpg
    1412542470620.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 34

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Ahh yes ... the good pastor Osteen ... from The Church of Fine German Automotive Engineering ... with Rich Cordoba Leather™ ...

I know an attendee of this fine facility from another forum ... about as un-Christian as you could possibly imagine ...

Last edited:

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Ahh, I detect a tone now of jealously of well to do preacher. Yes Joel is well to do, but he is smart enough to do better then a buck a mile in a van. I wish him well. They have come a long way since the days in a feed store church which is dad started. Yep, I wish him well...........................I guess he doesn't sleep in truck stops.

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ahh, I detect a tone now of jealously of well to do preacher. Yes Joel is well to do, but he is smart enough to do better then a buck a mile in a van. I wish him well. They have come a long way since the days in a feed store church which is dad started. Yep, I wish him well...........................I guess he doesn't sleep in truck stops.

Now ,,just because we (drivers) don't all care for this preacher... YOU are cutting our job down as expediters...about the $$ we make and places we sleep....WAIT didn't YOU use to expedite.... And now your retired and come on here posting... But because he has Money he is better than us....Hardly I compare him in same practice as Ramp Beggars ,,Truck stop Beggars and such ...he will never get a penny from ME....oh.. ya his books he sells are purchased by same morons giving him money for his TV show....

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner

No..what I have a problem with is people making MILLIONS of dollars PROFIT ...TAX FREE all in the name of god....what a scam..

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
"Scam" implies illegal activity, but all he's doing is taking advantage of the current tax laws as written by Congress. He's doing nothing different than a trucker taking mileage deductions on their tax returns, or someone entering their DOT number at the fuel pump in Indiana to be exempt from paying the State fuel tax.

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Ohh it's a scam...ANY of those tv evangelist are on TV talking there talk getting millions of people to send there money to him in the name of god..."send your love gift" all under the pretense that ...GOD NEEDS MONEY??? Awhile he is held up in a 10 million dollar estate..paid for with tax free dollars and his "followers hard earned money.. ..I have been an advocate of taxing all religions...
IF he can afford a home of that caliber PAY TAXES..
Also if his "church" can afford a palace like they have they can afford to throw uncle Sam his cut just like the rest of us...the tax exempt code to religion was intended for small rural churches who are honest good people ..just doing there thing...he is exploiting it to the max ...but since he is a "man of god" it's all hunky dory..

IF anyone does not see a problem with this...well your just a bigger fool than the ones sending him $$

Last edited:

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Ohh it's a scam...ANY of those tv evangelist are on TV talking there talk getting millions of people to send there money to him in the name of god..."send your love gift" all under the pretense that ...GOD NEEDS MONEY??? Awhile he is held up in a 10 million dollar estate..paid for with tax free dollars and his "followers hard earned money.. ..I have been an advocate of taxing all religions...
IF he can afford a home of that caliber PAY TAXES..
Also if his "church" can afford a palace like they have they can afford to throw uncle Sam his cut just like the rest of us...the tax exempt code to religion was intended for small rural churches who are honest good people ..just doing there thing...he is exploiting it to the max ...but since he is a "man of god" it's all hunky dory..

IF anyone does not see a problem with this...well your just a bigger fool than the ones sending him $$

If Joel lived on say 40k$, would you be happy with that and drove a 2014 chevy Cruze and owned a 3 bedroom home worth say, 150k$?

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I have more respect for the guy on the side of the road holding his homeless sign than these TV God guys.