It's a Team's Life Home for the holidays or not: It's a Teams Life

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
We have found that the TA/Petro serves a very nice Thanksgiving dinner and we do our best to stop by one of these locations for lunch. In years past we headed for home or a parents home for Thanksgiving and we realized that we were cutting out a big chunk of our income potential.

Read More...

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
We will stay home. We have stayed out in the past and ended up in motels or at truck stops for the entire 4 day weekend. The only time we were not at a truck stop or motel was the year we did a DH out of Alaska. Our food is also FAR better than anything you will EVER find out on the road.

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Well We DH outa Canada and down to ND for 24 hr then rolled down to Iowa. Sat there In Turin till finaly got a Run worth somthing. On thanksgiving I paid for our Thanksgiving dinner at the Methodist Church in Mapleton Iowa. Then Next day We had The Dinner again at the House Then on Saturday we had it again at mom and Dad as my Brother came in. On another note Being in Iowa was a blessing as it sure beat the heck out of spending 10 to 15 a day in a truck stop during Slow SLOW SLOW HOLIDAY.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
We have been anything but slow while heading into December which is why we choose to stay out over Thanksgiving. Would we prefer a home cooked meal in a families kitchen? YES but we know that we will make up for it over Christmas and we will end the year with a strong finish hauling freight. Once the 19th hits of this month we are outta here and will not be back till the middle of January… I am counting down the days.

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
We stayed out over Thanksgiving doing a round trip coast to coast run. Had our Thanksgiving dinner at the TA in Jessup, MD. Food was good, but not as good as mine. We got home on the 6th of Dec. Had our real Thanksgiving dinner on the 11th of December. We will be home until Jan. 6th.
We were blessed with our first grandchild on Nov. 21st. She is very beautiful and we are enjoying our time off with her and helping our daughter care for a newborn.

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I've been running well and right now the plan is to stay out until the middle of January. Depending where I end up closer to Christmas, that plan could be subject to change.

Of course, if a grandchild were involved that would be different. Congrats JJ!!

jimby82

Veteran Expediter
We stayed out for Thanksgiving. Ended up with a nice Arizona to New Jersey run. We always go home for Christmas, and this year will be no different. Family time for us, and we just won't miss it!

Hope to be close enough to Ft. Wayne by Thursday (19). Putting the truck in the shop for some minor things while we're home. Back out most likely by Jan. 6th. Only downside to going home without the truck is we'll miss our comfy bed!

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
One more load for the year and we are going home! Looking forward to family time and Christmas.

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
We plan on finishing out the week unless we get pretty close to home. We usually spend every holiday but Christmas/NYE out here. That is our special time for family, friends and celebrating our anniversary.

Sent from my VS870 4G using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2