Hobby's and Downtime

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Just wondering how you handle downtime on the road? Bob's hobby seems to be polishing chrome and working SuDuKo puzzles. I like cross stitch, crochet and read. Of course my main hobby is keeping up with EO. What all kinds of interesting hobbies are out there?

G

HI...Let's see, Hobbies....Sleeping (I drive nights (Trudy))...
I love to read, cruise the internet (love conspiracy theories), walk
a lot at either Sprawl*Mart or Target, needle point, solitare and play with the cat. I think that is about all you can do unless you have a weekend layover and then we go to the movies and grocery store, it's an exciting life we live, right?
Take care & drive safe!!

Danny & Trudy
FECC "D" O/O

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Internet, reading, and ham radio are mine.

Leo Bricker, 73's K5LDB, OOIDA 677319
Owner, Panther trucks 5507, 5508, 5509
Highway Watch Participant, Truckerbuddy
EO Forum Moderator
----------
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

lisalewis

Seasoned Expediter
During our downtime I like to write letters to loved ones back home, kinda old fashioned now that we have email, but I guess thats the point. I like to play on the computer, suggle up to a good book, and me and the hubby will rent a movie once and awhile. During downtime is when I will cook in the truck the most, hard stirring that crock-pot bumping down the road. We also use downtime to clean up the truck, do laundry, and take showers.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
The hobby I've developed lately is trying to find places for all the things that just appear in the van, like fairies dropped them off or something, lol. And then, trying to remember where that 'perfect' place that I finally decided to put it was, exactly. :7

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
don't forget that GREAT new hobby of yours of stopping smoking. :)

Leo Bricker, 73's K5LDB, OOIDA 677319
Owner, Panther trucks 5507, 5508, 5509
Highway Watch Participant, Truckerbuddy
EO Forum Moderator
----------
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
I taught my hubby to crosstitch a few years ago, so we both do that. I also crochet blankets.

Coco

Seasoned Expediter
>I think I might take up Witchcraft. LOL}>

Seriously, I like to write and read. I'm really into internet surveys. I like to speak my mind and it pays decent sometimes too.

D Team Brothers

Expert Expediter
First off - I try to spend my down time trying to find someway of reducing my down time! When we are forced to sit exercizing and movie watching seem to eat up the time. Linda isn't fooling when she says Bob's hobbies and chrome polishing. First time we met them was in 100 degree weather in Reno. What caught my attention (other than their great looking truck) was this man polishing the truck wheels. I thought "my old truck could sure use some of that kind of care." Went over and asked this guy is he could do my wheels next - that's how we met Bob and Linda! Never did get those wheels polished! :(

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Everytime we see a green truck we think of you guys!! While we where out in Reno last week we though about you two.

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
>
>Seriously, I like to write and read. I'm really into
>internet surveys. I like to speak my mind and it pays
>decent sometimes too.

You can get paid for that? How?

Dreamer
Forums Administrator

--------------

You don't stop laughing because you grow old,