Ho Ho Whooo its December!

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
I hope I'm doing this right? Type in my info and still saying waiting for account verification? Keyed in name and email address and company.
Did you use the phone number that dispatch has as your primary? If so, close the app and reopen and see if it works.
Yes I'm using the Load One phone. Will try again. You know me when it comes to this stuff, be patient sir! LOL

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
So what do you guys think of version one?

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
So what do you guys think of version one?

Well, so far I like it. Give me some time and ill be loving it, LOL. Also I know in time like you said more tools will be added and will become even better. Great job sir and I'll approve a vacation for you anytime, LOL.

Reactions: jelliott

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
The app is great. Lots of info provided. Now the chalenge is to devise a strategy how to best use the provided information.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
So far I think it's fantastic. Any chance it will someday replace the Quallcom? My Quallcom is constantly giving me problems. I would need to start a new thread to elaborate on this frustrating device that would be better used as a wheel chocks.

Sent from my XT1254 using EO Forums mobile app

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
The app is great. Lots of info provided. Now the chalenge is to devise a strategy how to best use the provided information.
Yes, there is a lot of information in there, (some of it I fought hard for). One thing discussed at length was information overload. But it's there in such a way that you can use as much or as little as you like.

In some geographical areas the number of loads booked will be important, while in other areas the number of Missed Opportunities may become more important, as that shows the activity of where loads are coming from.

Then you throw in where other trucks are (in your truck class) from both Load One and Sylectus, and there's another layer of information to try and figure out.

99% of this business is the luck of being in the right place at the right time, and the information contained in the app will help us make the decisions on where to go, and where not to go. Just like with investing in the stock market, past performance is no guarantee of future results, but I have no doubt that the information in the app allowed me to position myself to get loaded the day before Thanksgiving, and last week in California. If you see an area with lots of activity, but no trucks, that's where you want to be.

Any chance it will someday replace the Quallcom?
Yes. Lots of issues to work on, but eventually.

Reactions: jjoerger

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
No it is an extension of the satellites but we are not using it for tracking and it won’t replace them likely ever. We are looking at new satellite units in 2018. Trying to hold as long as we can. Reason being most satellite issues are really the fact that they are computers and run on the Microsoft operating system. We are confident they will introduce an android based platform in the near future. We feel that would be more stable and open architecture would allow us to build more apps and things that could also be installed right on it. A lot of what you see on the app is a direct reflection of the satellite system.

Turtle...you didn’t have to fight that hard

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
And phones have that pesky little off button. We learned that before we had satellites .

Reactions: jjoerger

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Really liked some of the satellite systems that were more tablet based such as XRS, but same issue. If you shut the tablet off you lose tracking and that. You would assume the black box would be doing the tracking and it kind of is...it will store the data but until the tablet is turned on none of it transmits. Poor design in my opinion. We also have a number of big customers that wont accept cell phone tracking as our primary device.

Sent from my iPad using EO Forums

Reactions: DollarSign

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
It wasn’t built to be a satellite replacement. It was built to be a productivity tool. Which I am proud to say....I think we have over shot our goals on version one! With way more to come!

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
We'd still need hardwired GPS for tracking the freight (the vehicle, carrying the freight, more than a driver carrying a phone). But I can see everything else eventually moving to the phone.

Reactions: jelliott

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
ELD’s also change that a bit for the DOT compliant vehicles.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
ELDs with GPS that are also broadband unlimited Wi-Fi hotspots. There ya go.

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
ELDs with GPS that are also broadband unlimited Wi-Fi hotspots. There ya go.
Question from the outside looking in, does the QC have Bluetooth? If so, link phones to QC using it?

From a Recliner somewhere in Ohio

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yes, there is a lot of information in there, (some of it I fought hard for). One thing discussed at length was information overload. But it's there in such a way that you can use as much or as little as you like.

In some geographical areas the number of loads booked will be important, while in other areas the number of Missed Opportunities may become more important, as that shows the activity of where loads are coming from.

Then you throw in where other trucks are (in your truck class) from both Load One and Sylectus, and there's another layer of information to try and figure out.

Still trying to figure out the Loadmap and what it's actually telling us.

Is it showing all units or just ones on load or just sitting. No vehicles shown at the yard?
Are the missed/booked loads shown for all vehicle types? Doesn't help hanging in a area with a lot of loads if they are all semi or straight truck loads and I'm a Sprinter. Any way to filter the loads?

Reactions: Turtle

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Still trying to figure out the Loadmap and what it's actually telling us.
Don't overthink it. It's giving us the information we care about and that we can use.

Is it showing all units or just ones on load or just sitting.
It's showing the current status of all of the trucks in your truck class (in your case, cargo vans, Sprinters, Sprinter-esque types) that are available for loads. The little blue icons are Load One trucks, be the orange trucks are the Sylectus trucks. Show/hide either type by tapping the icon on the left of the screen.

No vehicles shown at the yard?
It happens.

Are the missed/booked loads shown for all vehicle types?
No. Only for vehicles in your truck class. Booked and missed loads for vehicles other than my type is information I couldn't care less about, because it's useless to me. Like I said, information we want, and can use.

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
We also have a number of big customers that wont accept cell phone tracking as our primary device.

I like and agree with our customers! I DON'T like the cell phone tracking thing at all! I would much rather pay the $30 a week for the Qualcomm and be track and followed that way. I'm lucky and fortunate I guess, I've haven't hardly had any problems with my Qualcomm.

Reactions: ntimevan