Hit The Deer

greg334

Veteran Expediter
OVM,
You’re right. When there is a complaint about off topic issues, it must have some special dispensation with some people and not with others. Where’s the fairness?

Where is the on topic response?

Where are the financial data to back up this deer thing?

So what does websites, weird political parties and weirder politicians have to do with hitting a deer opposed to swerving to avoid one?

Do deer really read websites?

Is it like that skit I listened to on Prairie Home Companion where the deer talked and kidnapped people or is Garrison Keillor, like Bill Moyer as another good example why we need to get rid of public radio?

Has anyone really read Me, by Jimmy Big Boy Valente?

Do you know that until we stop getting people from looking at the sky, we are all in danger of losing the universe?

AND

Phil I read all about your exploits and think you did really well for opening up the box and going at it – kudos to you but I think that the ’96 election was the turning point for the internet and an election more so than the ’98 election. I maybe wrong but there was a lot said about it long before you entered the world of IT.

Oh and one other thing, not to take your thunder away but the real experts on using the internet has always been the fans of the communist party, more specifically those of Marx, Lenin, Mao and Che – some ‘webmasters’ have helped the fan club of these great humanitarians to grow exponentially since 1996.

Packmule

Expert Expediter
the communist party, more specifically those of Marx, Lenin, Mao and Che – some ‘webmasters’ have helped the fan club of these great humanitarians to grow exponentially since 1996.

Now then Phil, Look what you started!!!! If you had just left it alone this would not have happened, but Nooooo....you just had to open that box didn't you!!!

Danny

Deer?? What Deer....Who hit a Deer????

wallytrucker1

Expert Expediter
Okay, what did I get from all this.. If I see a politican or Jesse bottlehead doll trying to cross the road late at night, I'm going to nail the bast@#$ " square on" and tell the insurance adjuster it was a large depressed elk that attacked me!! Did I get it right, WHEW..

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Well, if I hit a deer/bear/elk/antelope/buffalo/JesseVenturaBobblehead in the road at night, I will just say it's because of the sunglasses I wear, even after dark, to help save the universe. ;)
PS Cheap sunglasses!

wallytrucker1

Expert Expediter
IMPORTANT NOTE REF HITTING ANY ANIMAL.... At Landstar(maybe elsewhere too) if you hit a LIVE animal and damage trk, coverage by comp. insurance (cheap deductible). hit dead animal, coverage is on your collision deductible (Much higher) Make sure critter has pulse before smacking em..

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I have a friend who hit a deer. Now he wants to buy a truck and get into expediting. How much reserve cash should he have on hand when he starts his new career?

ATeam

Retired Expediter
That question has been addressed numerous times by numerous people in other threads.

Falligator

Expert Expediter
>Back to the deer: Notice how none of them have ID or Insurance?
If they did I bet it would be "Doegressive"....lol:p