hiring on with C&M ....

morningstar55ny

Veteran Expediter
Driver
well ........ Panther hasnt been much help .. getting me back on the road soon enough here.
sooooooooo applied a several other companies..
C&M looks like is the winner
... owner of some trucks and a nice sprinter van... made me a awsome offer.
soo looks like i will be giving this sprinter van a try.... he says he can switch me to a truck if it don't work out....with the van.. yayy
so im trying to figure howo down size ... plus work around my healthy eating habits and storing parishable foods...
anyways.... any helpful in sights would be welcome'd :)

-----------------

gues i need to take that panther truck pic out of my siggy line here.. lol

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
Way to go! I think you'll like it at C&M. You won't have to embrace any stupidity there :) I see C&M as one of the best carrier's in the business to work for. They won't bug you to death with a bunch of stupid rules and policies. They just try to keep you busy. Be ready to run some miles and make some money.

You won't generally spend a lot of time sitting around behind other C&M trucks on the dispatch list. Seldom will there be more than 1 or 2 trucks ahead of you in any given area, many times..none. Sounds like you might be working for Dan? He will take care of you.

They do have a 3 week hold back on the money and unless you have something worked out with the fleet owner, you'll have to be sure you can manage that. Once you have the "pipeline" full, your good to go. I never had any concern with the money not being there.

Good Luck!

morningstar55ny

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Way to go! I think you'll like it at C&M. You won't have to embrace any stupidity there :) I see C&M as one of the best carrier's in the business to work for. They won't bug you to death with a bunch of stupid rules and policies. They just try to keep you busy. Be ready to run some miles and make some money.

You won't generally spend a lot of time sitting around behind other C&M trucks on the dispatch list. Seldom will there be more than 1 or 2 trucks ahead of you in any given area, many times..none. Sounds like you might be working for Dan? He will take care of you.

They do have a 3 week hold back on the money and unless you have something worked out with the fleet owner, you'll have to be sure you can manage that. Once you have the "pipeline" full, your good to go. I never had any concern with the money not being there.

Good Luck!

thanx a heap... rocket ..........
my owner is Tim , im soo looking forward to trying something else outside the almost 7 yr box...
now .......... what to do with the 3 stuffed panthers i had laying around in my truck... hmmm '
i have ahhh big one.. makes a great pillow or foot rest.. lol and 1 small one had on the dash board for ever.. and a Ty toy soft cuddly one. raffle them off to panther folks??? lol
and i have a carhart nice panther winter jacket... but it has my name on it. ....
i had a message from someone last night about a panther truck owner trying to offer me a deal... but so far tim has me a even better deal.. plus i know there is a straigt truck option ... which will try this sprinter thing see how it works out. and the pay option is a better deal too.

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Good luck! And turn the Sprinter into a positive by enjoying the freedom it gives you.

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
I think you will be amazed at the difference actually. They know what their doing and they get the job done. You will be part of that and they appreciate a good driver. Orientation will be short, probably one day or less. You will be making money shortly afterwards.

I spent a couple days at the office (world headquarters :) ), the decals weren't ready for my truck until the second day. I spent that evening in the office getting to know the dispatchers and observing. It was time well spent.

morningstar55ny

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I think you will be amazed at the difference actually. They know what their doing and they get the job done. You will be part of that and they appreciate a good driver. Orientation will be short, probably one day or less. You will be making money shortly afterwards.

I spent a couple days at the office (world headquarters :) ), the decals weren't ready for my truck until the second day. I spent that evening in the office getting to know the dispatchers and observing. It was time well spent.

hmm interesting......... i think at panther drivers are allowed where the dispatchers are... in fact the dispatchers are protected thru a security door... and pass codes..
when i worked for swift..... there was non of that even over there.

moose

Veteran Expediter
Well, Good luck to you,
and let us know how it work out.
i'd bet there's many on this boards that wondered if downsizing hurt the wallet .

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Good luck at C & M. A few of our regulars are or were with them. They seem to be good overall with fewer warts than many. You may enjoy the van and the extra freedom it offers. There are good refrigerators that work off the 12v outlet.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
I talk to C&M drivers from time to time and none of them have ever said anything negative about the company...As for making money in the sprinter....you should be just fine....and as was pointed out above, you will now have more new found freedom...you can move and park just about anywhere..BUT..depending on the height, Fast food drive tru's can still be an issue...:)

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
They're a great outfit. Tim's a good guy, you shouldn't have any problems there. Feel free to drop me a PM if you have any questions.

I wonder if there are enough of us here to start a carrier forum...

morningstar55ny

Veteran Expediter
Driver
They're a great outfit. Tim's a good guy, you shouldn't have any problems there. Feel free to drop me a PM if you have any questions.

I wonder if there are enough of us here to start a carrier forum...

well hey there fellow co worker.. lol ....... start a carrier forum?? i dont know why we couldnt.
and thanx everyone... for all the great feed back. :)

morningstar55ny

Veteran Expediter
Driver
ok slight problem here..........
i have to find my own way to orientation.... and $$ to live on for a few weeks..... until my 1st pay.
im nervous now.. cuz i have rent to pay here at home, and other living expens's
this is discouraging
and
then i get a call a bit ago.. from someone from panther to see if im available to go rescue a truck in calif.. and they are going to fly me there. geezz....
* very deep sigh and getting fluster'd *

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
That was something to think about. That 3 weeks is a killer! And if you get a comchek from them... WOOH! 10% of the comchek value PLUS a $19 service fee!

Last edited:

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
If it was me, i wouldn' t even consider the truck rescue job as it probably will turn into a time and money waster. Unless panther can really make it worth your while, and you can make enough cash to help you get started with c&m.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using EO Forums