hiring on with C&M ....

morningstar55ny

Veteran Expediter
Driver
If it was me, i wouldn' t even consider the truck rescue job as it probably will turn into a time and money waster. Unless panther can really make it worth your while, and you can make enough cash to help you get started with c&m.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using EO Forums

i agree ........... will know later today or tomorrow..
and haha on top of all this,......
im packing stuff at my apt to move.

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
i agree ........... will know later today or tomorrow..
and haha on top of all this,......
im packing stuff at my apt to move.

Only the strong survive in this business. Good luck. Probably wouldn't hurt to live in the truck for a month till your checks come in.
I'm talking of your new ride with C&M. I have never dealt with them but if Rocketman says they are good I'll take his word for it.

Last edited:

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
Only the strong survive in this business. Good luck. Probably wouldn't hurt to live in the truck for a month till your checks come in.
I'm talking of your new ride with C&M. I have never dealt with them but if Rocketman says they are good I'll take his word for it.

They are top shelf. The 3 week hold back can definitely be tough on ya...and it will actually be the 4th week before you see the cash. Its worth the trouble if you can do it though.

Good luck MorningStar... hope you can get it worked out :)

Ernest1982

Active Expediter
Is this C & M Transport out of Painesville Twp., OH that you guys are talking about, if so do they require a certain time of experience? for the straight trucks that is ....

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
Is this C & M Transport out of Painesville Twp., OH that you guys are talking about, if so do they require a certain time of experience? for the straight trucks that is ....

Yes....and yes, they always have. There are always exceptions to the rule though. Always worth a call...or a visit.

morningstar55ny

Veteran Expediter
Driver

i would think so ...... i have about 7 yrs experience... and can drive auto 6 speeds/ 8 .. and 10 speeds.. its just like a large car....... or at times i called it the baby truck hehe

morningstar55ny

Veteran Expediter
Driver
wellllllllllllllllllllllllll back to square 1
Owner does not pay to have me come to orientation.. have to fine my own way there.
and well........ i just dont have the funds to get to ohio ...
im on week no #4 ... no job, funds are running low.
its depressing....... * deep sigh*
maybe the owner at CM is not desperate for a driver i guess.

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
wellllllllllllllllllllllllll back to square 1
Owner does not pay to have me come to orientation.. have to fine my own way there.
and well........ i just dont have the funds to get to ohio ...
im on week no #4 ... no job, funds are running low.
its depressing....... * deep sigh*

The last time I checked, Greyhound was still running. Also Mega Bus has very low rates.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using EO Forums

hedgehog

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Buffalo, NY to Painesville, OH = 150 miles ?

You don't belong in this business. (After 7 years in this business)

Go on welfare. We will give you free money.

Quit whining.

BigCat

Expert Expediter
Buffalo, NY to Painesville, OH = 150 miles ?

You don't belong in this business. (After 7 years in this business)

Go on welfare. We will give you free money.

Quit whining.

Yea that was kinda harsh. But I think I see where you are coming from. 7 years in biz and after only a month off your funds are almost gone. I would look for work in another line of the trans industry. I would find 1.) A company where you are a company driver and paid to come to orientation 2.) A jobs that doesnt have a hold back.

This is why I left, the money wasnt good enough to justify staying out and sitting every weekend and not getting paid. Company tractor driver again and loving it btw.

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
Yea that was kinda harsh. But I think I see where you are coming from. 7 years in biz and after only a month off your funds are almost gone. I would look for work in another line of the trans industry. I would find 1.) A company where you are a company driver and paid to come to orientation 2.) A jobs that doesnt have a hold back.

This is why I left, the money wasnt good enough to justify staying out and sitting every weekend and not getting paid. Company tractor driver again and loving it btw.

If you were sitting on the weekends with C&M, that would be odd. Some weekends, sure...every weekend? I never did. My guess would be 75% of my weekends were loaded.

Morningstar, I think 7 years in the business says all that needs to be said about you belonging in the industry. But if you can't find the money to get to orientation, I would be concerned about the hold back period. I'm not sure what to advise. Only you know what you have to work with.

I can tell you that if you can get there and make it through the first month, you'll likely be in good shape after that.

BigCat

Expert Expediter
If you were sitting on the weekends with C&M, that would be odd. Some weekends, sure...every weekend? I never did. My guess would be 75% of my weekends were loaded.

Morningstar, I think 7 years in the business says all that needs to be said about you belonging in the industry. But if you can't find the money to get to orientation, I would be concerned about the hold back period. I'm not sure what to advise. Only you know what you have to work with.

I can tell you that if you can get there and make it through the first month, you'll likely be in good shape after that.

No rocketman I was with panther.

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

My experience is the same as Rocket. More weekends than not, I have freight.

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

They're not, and I can't imagine them ever being in that position. They would really like to sign on some more teams, so if there are any teams out there looking to move, give them a shot.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

Hope you have better luck...

Last edited:

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Morningstar, ignore all of that. I understand how one can get into a bind and many don't get some of the issues people can face.

Hang in there.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Morningstar, ignore all of that. I understand how one can get into a bind and many don't get some of the issues people can face.

Hang in there.

Yes...hang in there....maybe OTR is in your future...

Last edited:

bluefish55

Active Expediter
I think Mornigstar means that the fleet owner must not be desperate for a driver, not the company C & M. But I know that Tim, the fleet owner is also not desperate for a driver. He is a very good owner and will do what he can to help you within reason. In his cube van he pays for all fuel and tolls and pays the driver .36 per loaded mile. Low deadhead miles with C & M. Orientation is 1 day. Yes, you have to wait 4 weeks to get first weeks pay, which can be hard.

morningstar55ny

Veteran Expediter
Driver

maybe thats what i may have to do...... thanx