Hey Panther cargo van drivers

miguy1957

Expert Expediter
How is the new boards working out for you?? Ive been playing hooky the last week,and havent tried the new system yet. Better or worse?? Can you sit at your favorite haunts, or do you have to rethink your lay over spots??
________
HARMED BY WELLBUTRIN

Last edited:

Fr8 Shaker

Veteran Expediter
Well either no one from panther has read this post ( yeah right ) or it's still to early to tell.

Falligator

Expert Expediter
Well let me put it to you this way....It's still in the refining process. I've found that some locations I have not been able to sit for example (home). I have to go to the TA or Pilot up there in Lodi just to get out. Luckily, I p/u a weekend load only b/c of a first out. Not bad going to Mississppi droping on monday. I have had differences with the way the new system has been set up, and If you'd like you can pm me and I'll try and get back to you.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
It's too early to tell, really. But, there are some significant problems that will have to be addressed for the new system to be successful.

Falligator

Expert Expediter
According to the fleet msg there is going to be q&a session on the panther website. You can bet I'll be there. On February 18? or was it the 12th I'm not in my van.

rdtrpn

Seasoned Expediter
you mean its made a difference? moral to the story make sure you're in the best location possible where loads are always coming out

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
According to the fleet msg there is going to be q&a session on the panther website. You can bet I'll be there. On February 18? or was it the 12th I'm not in my van.

The fleet message (in part) said it would be a "recorded message" of FAQ's received by owner/drivers via email. It also said it would be available on the owner/drivers web.

ebsprintin

Veteran Expediter
It is still early, but I am trying to figure out one area in particle. Lone Star, Texas has been showing up as a board that the system wants to fill. To be honest the system has been showing the location the last couple months before the new roll out. It's just with the new system I can see a little more about what is going on in Lone Star. The location was actually up to two loads a day, but some how I've never seen that. All my loads have come out of the two boards south of there. So the computer has been asking me to move to Lone Star, the mac 32 shows one to two loads a day, and most of my loads come off a board that shows zero loads a day. My experience would tell me just to go to the southern board (Jacksonville, TX), but the empty move is paying me to go to Lone Star. Maybe I could position closer to the border to the south, but I have only a couple mac 32 data points so far. Don't even know if any of this has to do with the new system, but the new system at least makes it easier for me to track an area once I'm there, albeit clumsily.

eb

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
It tells you 1 load a day average...is that the daily average say 7 loads per week = 1 per day?
too bad it didn't have a daily average....like 3 loads Thurs. 4 loads Friday...on a Saturday you'd know you have a 3 day wait "maybe". But then I'd hazard to guess P2 would want the area covered "just in case"

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
It tells you 1 load a day average...is that the daily average say 7 loads per week = 1 per day?
too bad it didn't have a daily average....like 3 loads Thurs. 4 loads Friday...on a Saturday you'd know you have a 3 day wait "maybe". But then I'd hazard to guess P2 would want the area covered "just in case"

Well, a daily average, like 3 loads on Thursdays, 4 loads on Fridays, how many Thursdays and Fridays do you need to get a representative example? And by the time you get enough of them, you're into a different quarter where those old numbers aren't relevant. How many loads you do on a Thursday in January may mean nothing in March.

The daily load average we get from Panther is the average number of loads in the last 5 days, weekends not included. If 10 loads have gone out in the last 5 days, that's an average of 2 a day.

Boards with multiple loads, the averages can be dealt with, but those boards that indicate one load per day is a crapshoot in the dark. All that means is that more than 1 load and less than 7 loads have gone out of there in the last 5 days. Might be that 2 loads have gone out of there in the last 5 days, 7 days if you include the weekend, and you're sitting there expecting a load a day to go out, when in reality both of those 2 loads went out on the same day, a week ago, and it may be another week before another load goes out.

A 21 day average is better, but even better would be the actual numbers, numbers which dispatch has at their fingertips, numbers that can be sent over the QC just as easily as the 5-day average figures are now. I'd much rather see "7 Loads in the last 21 Days", or "26 Loads in the last 21 Days", rather than "1 Load Average in the last 5 Days".

It's more precise, the communication clearer, and it gives me more information with which to make an informed decision.

miguy1957

Expert Expediter
I guess no one wants to say if they are doing better or worse, or if they have been sitting in the same places as before................I know the board I use to get loads that is 20 miles from my house is now not going to be offered, because I live on a 1 or less a day board and the only way Ill get a load 20 miles a way is if no one is on the other board and what are the chances of no one being on a Michigan board. Before the change I sat on 4 boards now, on a less than 1 a day. So so far I dont like the changes...........
________
Alejandra*****

Last edited:

ebsprintin

Veteran Expediter
You want a better or worse answer? How about if I say--just as bad as before. No, I've not been moving enough during this part of the year to even get to the places I've sat, so it's too early to tell.

eb

indydad11934

Seasoned Expediter
In the past, when I went home, I had no problem getting out (I'm located 27 miles from Indianapolis). Now, they place me on the Anderson, In. board (where I found that not much freight moves anymore). It takes an extra day or two to get out....if I'm lucky.

Bob and Hooligan

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I am on the drivers council, and am just as confused about this as anyone.

I think you should continue to post questions and comments on this site. I really think Panther pays more attention to this site than their own.

However, please post comments and questions on the Panther site also. That is the only way we can be sure that management is geting the message.

Thanks

Bob and Hooligan

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Bob, thanks for the info! I like being able to use the QC for board position. So far I think it is fairly accurate and easy to use. I can see how the board changes could negatively effect someone like Indydad when he is home. Maybe a phone call could get him placed on the Indy board.

Lyla says Arf!

miguy1957

Expert Expediter
This new system as far as repositioning isnt so bad if the would just dispatch like the old system. Now you could be sitting 2 or 3 days and a load comes out 5 miles from you, but you arent on that board and the guy that dropped off 7 hours ago and is 30 miles out gets the load and you are still sitting.....dont seem quite right.........seems like they could at least use some common sence and play fair...............
________
Live sex

Last edited:

Bob and Hooligan

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Moot,

A phone call doesn't work. I sat at home last week for 8 days w/o an offer. If I parked on one side of my driveway I was on the Knoxville board. If I park on the other side I am on the White Pine board.

I refuse to move or sleep in my truck 5 miles from home in order to get a load.

Send comments and complaints to Panther. Although I think they pay more attention to posts on this site.

For what it is worth, the Driver's Council had nothing to do with this program.

Bob and Hooligan

Hooligan sends his regards

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
RoadHooligan,

You must have received the cheaper QC version since your didn't come with the 1000 foot satellite cord.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
A Knoxville board and a White Pine board, another great example of two boards where there should be one.