Here is your CHANCE give HOS feedback

aquitted

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Right. That's what Martin Luther King JR said about Civil Rights too. "They" will never listen.

M.L.K. has the same problem as J.F.K. they are both DEAD! (Joke) Dang it I think I just went off topic. This was Lawrence's fault.:)

paullud

Veteran Expediter
We can complain on open forums are we can take the time to take surveys and join our fellow drivers as one voice.

Surveys like these can actually be very important because you never know when the right person will see it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EO Forums mobile app

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I did it - as Zorry said, might help, can't hurt. And thanks, TeamCaffee, for providing the link, and trying to make things better, however we can.

Brisco

Expert Expediter
I'd like to credit you with just basic intelligence, if not current knowledge of the trucking industry, but when you type things like "next 2-3 predecessors" [predecessors coming before, not after, which the 'pre' is a clue regarding], it's really, really, hard.

Oooops...........I will admit to that mistake. HATE to do it..........but will.

Had several things going on at that time..........always Multi-Tasking..........and guess I just let PREdecessor slip by.................

As far as the rest of the Personal Opinion............I will also apologize that my use of Common Sense knowledge in the simplest terms gets over your head at times. I have never been one to over-think, over-analyze, and look further into what one says versus what it is they are actually saying. I believe many many here have turned what you have had to say on certain issues against you and have PROVED you wrong far far more times than they have with what I have had to say.

Sad.........some people still SEEK out words to get offended over..........Some day they may learn that Life on Discussion Boards is NOT all that difficult after all. :)

zorry

Veteran Expediter
I'm going to take the survey again.
Forgot to mention how the 5/5 would be such a safety advantage.
Particularly on those surprise, last minute rush loads.

Grew up in Chicago. Vote early, vote often.

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
I don't have anything constructive to add to the thread so I'll just criticize others for their improper use of a word. Sure wish I had a load.

MaidMarion

Active Expediter
I followed Load One's FB post to the link and took the survey a few days ago. It's short and easy. Well worth the time.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
OK, I had a chance to talk with my congressman, Tim Walberg on this issue for about 10 minutes while I was at Pointe Mouillee today. He is very aware of the problems we are having with the new HOS and has already signed on to a bill that would repeal the HOS and REQUIRE that new HOS regs be written and would REQUIRE that all regs should be based on sound, scientific studies. He also agrees that there should be team split hours.

He has asked if I could provide some "numbers" for him on the HOS impact and I agreed to do so.

Time will tell if he will follow through on this. If there is anyone in here who lives in Michigan's 7th District be sure to contact congressman Walberg on this subject.