Here is your CHANCE give HOS feedback

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
ATRI SEEKS TRUCK DRIVER INPUT ON HOS IMPACTS

Arlington, VA - The American Transportation Research Institute (ATRI)
today announced the start of its second phase of data collection on
impacts from the recent changes to the Hours-of-Service rules, which went into effect July 1, 2013. ATRI is asking commercial drivers to provide input on the changes through an online survey available on its website, www.atri-online.org. The survey asks drivers about impacts related to miles, pay and on-duty hours since the changes to the 34-hour restart (requirement of two periods between 1 a.m. and 5 a.m. and the limit of one restart per 7-day/168-hour time period) and the addition of the 30-minute rest break.

"Earlier this year we released a study quantifying potential impacts
from the rules changes. This critical next step in the research will
document how those expected changes are being experienced by drivers," commented ATRI President Rebecca Brewster.

ATRI will also initiate data collection from motor carriers to quantify productivity impacts resulting from the rules changes.

Drivers are encouraged to participate in the confidential survey at
ATRI.

ATRI is the trucking industry's 501(c)(3) not-for-profit research
organization. It is engaged in critical research relating to freight
transportation's essential role in maintaining a safe, secure and
efficient transportation system.

ExFedEx

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Owner/Operator
I'll be more than happy to take the survey, and I don't even need to.

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
I did the survey.
I do not believe anyone with the power to change things will listen to or care what we have to say.

moose

Veteran Expediter
That's not the point.
over time, this kind of survey's can PROVE, the impacts of new regulations on our industry.
it is one more nail in "they do not listens" armory.
when Miss. Farro claim that: 'this new HOS will only impact a small part of trucking', or that 'only 5% of the industry will be effected', or that 'drivers only rarely use the 11th hour', or that 'we cannot wait for the court decisions do to the safety benefits of the new HOS', or that 'this new rule is base on sound scientific study', or that 'fatigue is a leading cause of fetal on our HWY's' - or any other LIE she can come up with,
we can prove her wrong.

Brisco

Expert Expediter
That's not the point.
over time, this kind of survey's can PROVE, the impacts of new regulations on our industry.
it is one more nail in "they do not listens" armory.....

............we can prove her wrong.

It'll never happen.........Not under her Tenure.

And.......probably not under her next 2-3 Predecessors either.

It will take years and years of "Surveys" such as this to over turn legislation that this Administration, and their blind "do it my way" appointees, have forced upon Victims all over this country.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
We can complain on open forums are we can take the time to take surveys and join our fellow drivers as one voice.

Brisco

Expert Expediter
We can complain on open forums are we can take the time to take surveys and join our fellow drivers as one voice.

Not to be throwing Darts at The Hindenburg here.....

But.......has anything.....ANYTHING at all gone towards the Drivers wayward side on ANYTHING you have asked these Drivers to get Involved in over the past few years????

I'll answer that with a simple NOPE.

(No Reason to go research it....Just about EVERYTHING the Caffee's has asked you Guys to participate in has NOT been heard by the people they are conducting research for......)

Brisco

Expert Expediter
Correction............You guys may have been heard.......but your voice hasn't meant a can of beans towards any issues brought forth......

So........why even bother with it all........HERE...........

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Correction............You guys may have been heard.......but your voice hasn't meant a can of beans towards any issues brought forth......

So........why even bother with it all........HERE...........

That is true with the current batch that is there. Of course that will change as it always does.
Will it make a difference? Maybe maybe not.
One thing for certain, if we do nothing, then that would be the guaranteed result.

Brisco

Expert Expediter
Right. That's what Martin Luther King JR said about Civil Rights too. "They" will never listen.

That's a WHOLE other discussion Lawrence......

But....to point something out......MLK wanted to be "Judged" by the "Content of Their Character" and NOT by the Color of their Skin. (Read the Speech carefully)

Today.....many people ARE being Judged by the "CONTENT OF THEIR CHARACTER".....and are not too happy with the Publics Judgement as a whole and are now/still screaming Racism over it.

Like I said......... this is OFF TOPIC.....a whole other Discussion.......so on.

moose

Veteran Expediter
Obviously you are not tuned into industry news regarding the new HOS.
if you would've, you would know that the FMCSA broke federal law in placing the rule,
there is a letter circling around WDC demanding the FMCSA to be accountable for that part of the rule making.
in general, this survey is exactly what our elected bunch of worthless representatives needs, to prevent the FMCSA from bypassing public comments in future rule making.
under law the FMCSA was instructed to conduct a deep scientific study to learn the impact of the new HOS, cost benefits analysis, environmental study, pilot program, and so on.
they did not do that.
so we are now doing so for them- and we will prove them wrong.
we do not expect the FMCSA to eliminate the new HOS, but in future rule making they will be force to do so.
if we take the survey, that is.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Took it.
Easy.
Hope it helps.
It can't hurt.
The 5 minutes invested ? I would have done something non-productive with them anyway.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
It'll never happen.........Not under her Tenure.

And.......probably not under her next 2-3 Predecessors either.

It will take years and years of "Surveys" such as this to over turn legislation that this Administration, and their blind "do it my way" appointees, have forced upon Victims all over this country.

I'd like to credit you with just basic intelligence, if not current knowledge of the trucking industry, but when you type things like "next 2-3 predecessors" [predecessors coming before, not after, which the 'pre' is a clue regarding], it's really, really, hard.