hello june.

divadriver01

Expert Expediter
In other news today, sitting in Auburn Hills on this mild day, heading over to The Olive Garden. :sly:

Sent from my SCH-S968C using EO Forums mobile app

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Good afternoon folks :)

As John alluded to, I had a bit of trouble this week. Working on my 4th day in the hospital.

After all my kidney stone issues, I made the mistake of assuming any abdominal pain was yet another stone.

Well, I went in to convulsions, fever etc, and couldnt stand up straight. Turns out my appendix 'exploded' (the doctor's word' so bad he couldn't find it). I developed a huge abcess and went into septic shock. My sister called the squad and I was rushed to the hospital. I was told I very nearly died.

I had surgery to clean it out and they implanted a drain to removed all the infection and 'nasty' stuff. They drained almost a liter the 1st day, and about half a liter or so each day since.

My white blood cell count is still high, but has dropped from 34,000 to around 20,000.

Prayers/good thoughts appreciated, my wife has been by my side the whole time, terrified.

Hoping to go home tomorrow.

Dale

Sent from my SPH-D700 using EO Forums mobile app

W

Windsor

Sprinters cost more money than cargo vans and are way more costly to maintain as all us sprinter owners know. A new engine for a cargo van is 3000$ for a sprinter its 12000$, cargo van tranny is 1500$ a sprinter is 7000$ I have no problem at all taking loads at cargo van rates in my sprinter at load1 because I know cargo van rates at load1 will be fair. But I won't run bottom feeder rates In my sprinter which is something that I don't think would ever happen at load1. If I worked at another carrier and had to take low rates on a regular basis I sure couldn't afford to do it in a sprinter.

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines

As John alluded to, I had a bit of trouble this week. Working on my 4th day in the hospital.

After all my kidney stone issues, I made the mistake of assuming any abdominal pain was yet another stone.

Well, I went in to convulsions, fever etc, and couldnt stand up straight. Turns out my appendix 'exploded' (the doctor's word' so bad he couldn't find it). I developed a huge abcess and went into septic shock. My sister called the squad and I was rushed to the hospital. I was told I very nearly died.

I had surgery to clean it out and they implanted a drain to removed all the incection and 'nasty' stuff. They drained almost a liter the 1st day, and about half a liter or so each day since.

My white blood cell count is still high, but has dropped from 34,000 to around 20,000.

Prayers/good thoughts appreciated, my wife has been by my side the whole time, terrified.

Dale

Glad to hear you're better Dale!!

I suspect your guardian angel is breathing heavy right about now..

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I think there is always a "love hate" relationship between sales and a fleet. They are fighting a competitive market and drivers/fleet owners fight constant rising costs on everything. That relationship will always be strained when you are operating in single digit profit margins. Current rates are basically the same as 10 to 15 years ago. Didn't have any of the issues years ago. Just how it is like other industries. We are very exacting where we are at, and actually knowing what your costs are to operate is what guides our decisions. As a fleet owner, I go strictly by the numbers and what is in our teams best interests. What flows from that usually translates into what is good for Dave. ;)

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
I agree. I was a fleet owner before I started a carrier. So I realize to truly succeed the freight needs to work for the trucks. If it doesn't you are just fighting a losing battle.

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
good afternoon all. made our way to the house from a chicago delivery this morning. had a little well deserved nap after a long week. at home for awhile now, anybody need anything and are close, let us know. will be here for the month of july. DENTIST, next two weeks:(

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
good afternoon all. made our way to the house from a chicago delivery this morning. had a little well deserved nap after a long week. at home for awhile now, anybody need anything and are close, let us know. will be here for the month of july. DENTIST, next two weeks:(

Good... See you in about. 2 weeks ! Hahaha

1expeditor

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

I had surgery to clean it out and they implanted a drain to removed all the infection and 'nasty' stuff. They drained almost a liter the 1st day, and about half a liter or so each day since.

Dale

God Bless you Dale

W

Windsor

I'll just take a load that's all I wanna make money! Load cancelled, so....Yeah ha this blows

That's kinda where I'm at with all this. I don't care about cargo van rates or what load boards we can use or can't. That's for other folks to worry about. When I get in my truck and leave my family behind and my air conditioning, lol for 4 or 5 weeks at a time I just want a steady flow of freight to put in my truck. So let's hope for a good July everyone, a lot of us need it to be.

guido4475

Not a Member
I'll just take a load that's all I wanna make money! Load cancelled, so....Yeah ha this blows

I think it is how hard and how much it costs to make that money that is important....work smarter, not harder kinda thing, IMO....It's not about the miles, but the pay.....

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Good morning gang...yet another week at home...

John must feel something like this at times...LOL
The-center-of-attention-resizecrop--_zps2c6c1fab.jpg

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Sun is out for now. Over 6.5 inches of rain yesterday. Awaiting parts for my PM. Front brakes, wheel bearings, alternator and washer bottle. Not sure if I need the bearings but since I'm going to be doing the brakes why not. Happy with June's numbers.