hello june.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Sun is out for now. Over 6.5 inches of rain yesterday. Awaiting parts for my PM. Front brakes, wheel bearings, alternator and washer bottle. Not sure if I need the bearings but since I'm going to be doing the brakes why not. Happy with June's numbers.

There was a June?.....LOL :p

TheOGExpediterGuy

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Right I ain't been work in hard at all ha and no money! I just need a great week!

Sent from my LG-D950 using EO Forums mobile app

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Todd, how has your revenue been for the first 6 months of this year vs the first 6 months of last year? Yes, I already know the answer :cool:

Not really looking for an answer. My real point is big picture on the long term. It isn't about big loads or even a big week. It's about the totals.

Last edited:

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Todd, how has your revenue been for the first 6 months of this year vs the first 6 months of last year? Yes, I already know the answer :cool:

Not really looking for an answer. My real point is big picture on the long term. It isn't about big loads or even a big week. It's about the totals.

I still on occasion love the "big days"!:cool:

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Eddie I can't disagree with that but one can't help but get frustrated when one month is good and the next drags it down to not so good

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using EO Forums mobile app

TheOGExpediterGuy

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
John I also teamed the first 3 months of the year an a lot of the money made wasn't mine! :/ So in that case with way more time off last year compared to this year so far it's not lookin good!

Sent from my LG-D950 using EO Forums mobile app

guido4475

Not a Member

Bingo. That's what I try and tell some, especially new recruits here. It sinks in for some. For others who insist that they aren't "getting the miles", they just simply go back to what they are used to.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using EO Forums mobile app

guido4475

Not a Member
Eddie I can't disagree with that but one can't help but get frustrated when one month is good and the next drags it down to not so good

I hear you, even though that is the name of the game called expediting. Not a good game for those who are not patient.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using EO Forums mobile app

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
What does patients have to do with revenue?

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
What does patients have to do with revenue?

Well expediting is a very unpredictable business model with all it's ups and downs and cycles. So I actually think patience is very tied to this business and revenue. IMHO

Last edited:

ebsprintin

Veteran Expediter
the time when driving a sprinter doesn't meet my personal expeditures and personal choices i will find a new line of work.

eb

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Patients may be tied to sanity not so sure about revenue.

I consider myself pretty patient but we all get itchy at times.

Not being patient enough has made me move to soon, being too patient has made me sit to long.

Last edited:

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Patients may be tied to sanity not so sure about revenue.

I consider myself pretty patient but we all get itchy at times.

Not being patient enough has made me move to soon, being too patient has made me sit to long.

If we all have good months and bad months (me included remember, lol) then the patience is what gets us to the point to see the big picture and total with averages.

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Frustration is also a big part of this business. Over 100 degrees or -5 waiting days for a load is never easy or fun. It's all in our bag of tricks along with good days of good paying runs and a few not so good.

If someone has a 401K and looks at it every week they will go nuts trying to move the funds to a better place. End up selling it and have nothing. It's the long term that nets the profit. I can not sit here and tell anyone how to manage their money, that's up to them. Good months, I get as far ahead on bills and my "oh no" fund as I can. Last year was a 6 month split for me. Half the year with Depress-1 and the last half with Load-1. Due to unforeseen events, the second half with load one was only 4 1/2 months. Still I made close to 7,000.00 more then I did with 6 months at D-1.

Load-1 is not for everyone, I can say it is for me. Did the smiles for miles and just about put me out of business. At a $1.00 a mile over there folks are still thinking they are getting good rates. One young man told me he was happy with all the miles and paid deadhead. One thing he was not doing was factoring in his miles. He factored in the pay for those D/H miles but not the miles. I showed him how quickly his $1.00 per mile went down to .73 to .80 per mile. He had quiet a few 200 + D/h miles on 400 paid.

We can use our down time to express our frustration, which is never good, it puts your mind set in a dark place. Or we can take it, either move on, or use this time in a positive manner.

It's hard being away from home, bills due and you have no runs to show for it. I know, we all know this. But, I'm not going to let the Debbie downers bring me to their level, I walk away from them. I'm always glade to hear Load-1ers doing well, even if I've had a crappy week. I know my time is coming. I look at it as a market factor. "Starting to pick up".

We all cheer when the times are good don't we?

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
I tend to be more loved the second half of the year. :)

Last edited: