Health Insurance for Expediters; What do You See?

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Heaven forbid we should give a dime to those less fortunate.

You pull up to a red light. The choice of whether to go left or right determines the rest of your life. Make the wrong turn and you're in a wheelchair, make the right turn and you're not.

Sure some of the less fortunate made stupid choices in life and a couple % are healthy and would rather not work. But most of them simply zigged when they should have zagged. (or made a left when they should have made a right). Or maybe life just dealt them a bad hand and they got a bad disease. Should we just let them die to save a couple of bucks?

What's happened to us? WTF has happened to us that we can't help out those that need our help? I'll pay a few % more, I don't mind.

How about 131% more? How about 14 grand out of pocket before benefit is seen? Why is there force used for charity? What about the millions who had insurance, lost it, and can no longer afford it? I ask, I get no answer. How many MORE BILLIONS are we going to DUMP into the endless hole of government forced charity? How much more debt are we going to take on?

paullud

Veteran Expediter

You pull up to a red light. The choice of whether to go left or right determines the rest of your life. Make the wrong turn and you're in a wheelchair, make the right turn and you're not.

Sure some of the less fortunate made stupid choices in life and a couple % are healthy and would rather not work. But most of them simply zigged when they should have zagged. (or made a left when they should have made a right). Or maybe life just dealt them a bad hand and they got a bad disease. Should we just let them die to save a couple of bucks?

What's happened to us? WTF has happened to us that we can't help out those that need our help? I'll pay a few % more, I don't mind.

You should have been donating to the IRS all along then. Most if not all aren't against helping someone out if they had a problem but the issue comes from supporting them because of their bad choices. Dropped out of high school, your problem. Working a low paying job, your problem. Your husband is abusing you so you leave and need help, no problem with that.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EO Forums mobile app

WanderngFool

Active Expediter
Several times now Layoutshooter, you've posted about how much your health insurance will go up under Obamacare. Now please understand, I'm not calling BS. Nope, but I would greatly appreciate some clarification. And note too how much emphasis it would add to your position if you did clarify.

If it's not too much trouble, would you post a recent health care bill (after blacking out identifying info of course) and something showing the 131% that your bill will go up under Obamacare.

And if you think I'm taking a cheap shot, let me say this. I have learned just recently that people whose income is around where the average driver's income is may be paying a slightly higher than normal amount for insurance under Obamacare so there may be some validity to your complaint.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I thought THIS president was "Pro Choice". NO choice here, it's do as you are told, regardless of the damage it causes. That damage must be for our own good. I guess I should be thankful.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner

I don't think anyone is saying that. It is more along the lines of "how much and for how long".
Unless of course you are talking about the disabled or children. And what is poor? If the people that complain would look at what a standard of poor really is, they might have a different opinion if they look at some other countries.
People here with cars, free Obama phones, free rent or free section 8 housing, free cable, free healthcare, free computers, free or subsidized utilities, xboxes, big screens and the list goes on.
People in the US have no clue what poor really is.
Many think they are poor if they can't get HBO or a tatoo.

Last edited:

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
With a couple driving and have a income above 60k, there is no subsidy,
For a solo it is I believe 28-29k.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Several times now Layoutshooter, you've posted about how much your health insurance will go up under Obamacare. Now please understand, I'm not calling BS. Nope, but I would greatly appreciate some clarification. And note too how much emphasis it would add to your position if you did clarify.

If it's not too much trouble, would you post a recent health care bill (after blacking out identifying info of course) and something showing the 131% that your bill will go up under Obamacare.

And if you think I'm taking a cheap shot, let me say this. I have learned just recently that people whose income is around where the average driver's income is may be paying a slightly higher than normal amount for insurance under Obamacare so there may be some validity to your complaint.

The plans are all on websites. We pay $272 per month now. The CLOSET plan we can find to what we have is $404, in 2015 that same plan goes up to $808.

I can't post a copy of the new bill, we have not signed up for any, can't afford them. I don't know how you learned what an average driver income would be paying, rates are NOT based on income. Why should rates go up any way? Our's would not have IF we were not REQUIRED to buy coverage that we have ABSOLUTELY NO NEED FOR. We have no minor children who may need care or eye care. No need to pay for it. My wife will never have another child, no need for maternity care. When we were at that age, WE made sure we had the coverage we needed. I expect that everyone else should be doing the same.

Our current plan has been cancelled, that is despite the FACT that Obama PROMISED that would not happen. It was OUTLAWED.

We DID have a BCBS HSA plan called Flexible Blue 2500. It's gone. Find me an equal plan at the same. or LOWER price, and I will buy it. After all it is the AFFORDABLE Care Act.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
The plans are all on websites. We pay $272 per month now. The CLOSET plan we can find to what we have is $404, in 2015 that same plan goes up to $808.

I can't post a copy of the new bill, we have not signed up for any, can't afford them. I don't know how you learned what an average driver income would be paying, rates are NOT based on income. Why should rates go up any way? Our's would not have IF we were not REQUIRED to buy coverage that we have ABSOLUTELY NO NEED FOR. We have no minor children who may need care or eye care. No need to pay for it. My wife will never have another child, no need for maternity care. When we were at that age, WE made sure we had the coverage we needed. I expect that everyone else should be doing the same.

Our current plan has been cancelled, that is despite the FACT that Obama PROMISED that would not happen. It was OUTLAWED.

We DID have a BCBS HSA plan called Flexible Blue 2500. It's gone. Find me an equal plan at the same. or LOWER price, and I will buy it. After all it is the AFFORDABLE Care Act.

The whole premise of Obama care is for you to provide coverage for those that don't want to.
Anything less of course would mean "you aren't doing your fair share".

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The whole premise of Obama care is for you to provide coverage for those that don't want to.
Anything less of course would mean "you aren't doing your fair share".

Yep, it's pure redistribution of wealth. Marx would be proud of Obama.

The REAL premise of Obama Care is to have it fail, to drive up costs so NO one, except the elite who are ALWAYS protected, can afford it so that they can FORCE a National Health system on us. THAT is the ULTIMATE control of the people, which is their most cherished goal. Total control.

Fair? Here? What a joke.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
You are correct. A single payer system is what they are after. They have said that. The welfare folks are too blinded to see they are the ones that will ultimately get screwed in that process.
All they see is "free" and they have no idea what is really coming.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
You are correct. A single payer system is what they are after. They have said that. The welfare folks are too blinded to see they are the ones that will ultimately get screwed in that process.
All they see is "free" and they have no idea what is really coming.

They have been made dependent and dependent people are easily controlled. THAT is the reason for the welfare system we have. It is not designed to help, to move people out of poverty and off the system. It is designed to keep them dependent and controlled.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
They have been made dependent and dependent people are easily controlled. THAT is the reason for the welfare system we have. It is not designed to help, to move people out of poverty and off the system. It is designed to keep them dependent and controlled.

Basically. If throwing all that money at poverty got some off of it, it would be great. Bad news is, as we pay more as a society, the rate of poverty keeps climbing. It is all about feeling entitled.
We have spent over a trillion dollars on the "war on poverty", and it accomplished nothing.
If you start making people accountable and the able body work for their benefits, you would see a quick change.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Maybe a shot at least keeping what we have. Link below. I LOVE this one paragraph. I just get a kick when a politician's family gets BURNED by their own law. Things like this should ALWAYS happen!

"Democratic officials said top administration aides got a close-up view of the cancellation controversy last week, when Sen. Joe Donnelly, D-Ind., said at a closed-door meeting of the party's rank and file that his son had received notice his coverage was being terminated."

http://news.yahoo.com/lawmakers-push-keep-obamas-health-care-pledge-220513736.html

Mailer

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
No matter what happens in America, it's still the best country to live in......we got Hollywood, lol. Just trying to bring down some blood pressure here:) :):)

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
No matter what happens in America, it's still the best country to live in......we got Hollywood, lol. Just trying to bring down some blood pressure here:) :):)

Hollywood is part of the problem! They are a boil on the butt of the country. There, that lowered mine! LOL!!

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner

That I would agree with, although maybe not the Hollywood part. :D

Mailer

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
That I would agree with, although
maybe not the Hollywood part. :D

But, but, but, Dave, I replaced the word Hollywood over O...care on purposed. we can't let layout have a stroke can we? Lol. Well, the boils are popped and his pressure dropped, that's all it matter :):);)

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
But, but, but, Dave, I replaced the word Hollywood over O...care on purposed. we can't let layout have a stroke can we? Lol. Well, the boils are popped and his pressure dropped, that's all it matter :):);)

I don't have strokes. I cause others to have them! My BP is pretty darn OKEE DOKEE thank you very much! How does 118/72 sound? Better living with drugs!

paullud

Veteran Expediter
I don't have strokes. I cause others to have them! My BP is pretty darn OKEE DOKEE thank you very much! How does 118/72 sound? Better living with drugs!

Well even if you do have a stroke you can set up your insurance on the way to the hospital. :cool:

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EO Forums mobile app