Health Insurance for Expediters; What do You See?

paullud

Veteran Expediter
I've followed this thread for about a week. Most of the comments were not at all supportive of obamacare. What I read was, that the obamacare was not the good insurance vs the current system.

I see many positives in the obamacare.......looking at the whole, and not from the individual standpoint.

It's here and I think we should give it a chance. It's still in an early stage and I'm pretty sure there will more adjustments coming....just an opinion ok, so don't slam me, lol.

Just because it is here doesn't mean we should take it out for a spin and just see what happens. We already know what the results will be financially for the entire country and what it will do to the middle class.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EO Forums mobile app

Mailer

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just because it is here doesn't mean we should take it out for a spin and just see what happens. We already know what the results will be financially for the entire country and what it will do to the middle class.

Lol, paullud, I was hoping to hear some "positive" comments about this historic event. I must be having a delusional thought :)

moose

Veteran Expediter
here is another spin.
the Democrats keep saying that more and more American are signing into the system and how many of them did not had health insurance before.
what they will not say is how many of them actually foot the premium bills.
funny how it works, they even called the barking dog by his true name: 'Gov. subsidies'.
if you can't afford the premiums, then tax payer will pay it for you. just sign here.
the heck with health bills, we are footing the premium bills as well.
they couldn't afford it then, and they still cannot afford it now.
just this week our lair in chief said it again : "Millions of American that could not afford health insurance before, can now get covered", he was seams to be even very prude of the fact that while they cannot afford the premiums, they do indeed can get covered.
text book example of 'buying votes'.
his approval rate dropped from 44% to 42% this week. any bet how many of those make s living out of Gov. handouts ?

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Lol, paullud, I was hoping to hear some "positive" comments about this historic event. I must be having a delusional thought :)

There isn't much positive about hurting our entire country to benefit a few people. On top of that we are punishing the producers again and rewarding the people on the lower end as they become more comfortable being lower class. It is just more inventive for people not to try.

eggd1ver

Seasoned Expediter
O.K. everyone lets get our welfare digs in so we know were our money is going. We all know there is many thousands of people getting welfare that are able body and can go out and work for a living. They were brought up in the welfare system there parents thought them how to us the system. Well who made the system so easy to scam all our beloved goffballs in Washington they seem to be getting so far away from running this great country an stirring us in the way we should be going there will be only one that can help us if they dont and that will be to late! Everyone is jumping down on the people that are getting welfare what about our corp. welfare that we give away how many hundreds of millions does that add up to be.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Everyone is jumping down on the people that are getting welfare what about our corp. welfare that we give away how many hundreds of millions does that add up to be.

It has been brought up as well. There was a thread started about another one of Obama's lies about no more backroom deals but then he had a backroom deal with the pharmaceutical lobby to pay tens of millions of dollars to back Obamacare.

WanderngFool

Active Expediter
You really believe our economy shrugs it off? We are printing money at an incredible pace. Because of this the value of the dollar continues to shrink. That is not shrugging it off in any way shape or form. We as a country simply can not afford to spend at the rate we do if you have kids or grandkids this all will affect them huge.

Sent from my Fisher Price - ABC 123

Take a piece of paper and in the upper left corner draw a small circle to represent a person. Now imagine that the government is giving that person some form of aid, say $100. What do they do with that money? They buy things. So draw small circles for all the stores where they'll spend the money and draw connecting lines showing the flow of money. The stores have suppliers and workers to pay (along with other bills but let's attempt to keep it simple), draw circles and connecting lines for them. What do the workers do with their paychecks? More circles and connecting lines. And the suppliers? Ditto. And on and on.

In no time at all you'll have a complex spider web of lines on your piece of paper and imagining the flow of money should make your brain hurt. Aid to people that truly need the money costs us very little in large part due to the fact that the money is moving through the economy with a money multiplier effect. Btw, if the person where able to save the money instead of spending it, the cost to us as a nation would be greater.

On the other hand - waaaaaaahhh Why'd I have to clean my room? Timmy never has to.

Last edited:

rollincoal

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Where does the decline of good full time and explosive growth of part time jobs, 28 hour work weeks, with no benefits fit into your circles? How does that benefit any of the needy people or service industry people serving them?

Sent from my C811 4G using EO Forums mobile app

Mailer

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Take a piece of paper and in the upper left corner draw a small circle to represent a person. Now imagine that the government is giving that person some form of aid, say $100. What do they do with that money? They buy things. So draw small circles for all the stores where they'll spend the money and draw connecting lines showing the flow of money. The stores have suppliers and workers to pay (along with other bills but let's attempt to keep it simple), draw circles and connecting lines for them. What do the workers do with their paychecks? More circles and connecting lines. And the suppliers? Ditto. And on and on.

In no time at all you'll have a complex spider web of lines on your piece of paper and imagining the flow of money should make your brain hurt. Aid to people that truly need the money costs us very little in large part due to the fact that the money is moving through the economy with a money multiplier effect. Btw, if the person where able to save the money instead of spending it, the cost to us as a nation would be greater.

On the other hand - waaaaaaahhh Why'd I have to clean my room? Timmy never has to.

Now that's looking at the "whole." Hey, atleast some positives here. I sometimes had to go outside of the box to see better picture of the whole. Either way, slams coming for you, lol.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Now that's looking at the "whole." Hey, atleast some positives here. I sometimes had to go outside of the box to see better picture of the whole. Either way, slams coming for you, lol.

It isn't close to reality though. The negatives have far outnumbered the positive.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
It isn't close to reality though. The negatives have far outnumbered the positive.

There is a couple good things in there like the pre-existing clause or people not getting knocked off their insurance when they get sick. Thats about it and you didn't need Obamacare to do either one.
So...without complicating the simple, if it was a good idea, the very people who wrote it would be participating. They don't want anything to do with it.
"Watch what they do, not what they say".

As far as drawing circles and connecting them, I understand the point. The problem with that thinking is you are borrowing to do it.
17.6 Trillion to be exact. No need to slam anyone, as that figure is growing and there will be a cost for ignoring it.

Last edited:

moose

Veteran Expediter
O.K, lets go over the printing money scams again one more time.
the printing money is a global war we fight. every nation do so. they do- or their currency devalued.
problem is, every time we print currency, the amount in circulation grow, so each one worth a bit less.
this is why nations use tariffs, on imports, to protect the local economy. every nation dose. they do- or they go under.
problem is, we have an upside-down import/export rate. that's because we manufactured GDP less then we buy. the result is that other nations get stuck with our currency.
at the beginning, they used our currency, to buy good from other country's.
but because we kept printing money, other country's gut stuck with our currency as well.
oh boy, what to do?.
what have happened, and WILL continue, is that other nations refuse to trade using our currency.
back in late 2010 34% of the world economy was done using the American $. now days, last month only 27%. might not be much for readers. but currently this is by far the greatest risk to our economy.
9 of the G20 country's now have trade agreements in place that prohibited trading using the American $. this mean, that all the $'s around the world are on their way back home.
this is why we see manufacturing coming back to the US. we are becoming the slave labor of the world economy.
just 2 days ago Obama stood in M.A celebrating the return of manufacturing into the US. in his view it's all good, while the truth is that our currency is so much devalued, other nations makes a killing over trading it. in his speech Obama said that some of it is the result of his newly signed trade and tariff agreement with the EU, and other nations. just another lie. those agreements simply allowed for our currency to be less valued.
the only way to stop this, is by stopping the printing machine, balancing our trade books, and living within our means. so long that we consumed more then we produced- printing more money simply make the situation so much greater.
there is WAY more to it, but for now it is just about enough...

paullud

Veteran Expediter

MILLIONS ARE ELIGIBLE FOR FREE POLICIES!!! OH BOY!!! How kind of the health insurance industry to just cover people for free. What a great group of people they are, almost brings you to tears. Oh wait upon further investigation it appears there are no free policies, none, not a single one is free. For every "free" policy there are many that get screwed over and forced to pay for it which leads to way more that lose out than win.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I think you have to have available paying policy holders to cover the ones that get it for free.
As it sits right now, they are not even close to having what they need.
Of course they could always borrow more money. :rolleyes:

paullud

Veteran Expediter
I think you have to have available paying policy holders to cover the ones that get it for free.
As it sits right now, they are not even close to having what they need.
Of course they could always borrow more money. :rolleyes:

But it's free. :rolleyes:

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
But it's free. :rolleyes:

You know what they say when something is "free".
They are going to have insurance that really has no value. So they basically will still have no coverage. Either because the deductible will be way out of reach or they can't find anyone to accept medicare. Already has started.

Last edited:

WanderngFool

Active Expediter
Heaven forbid we should give a dime to those less fortunate.

You pull up to a red light. The choice of whether to go left or right determines the rest of your life. Make the wrong turn and you're in a wheelchair, make the right turn and you're not.

Sure some of the less fortunate made stupid choices in life and a couple % are healthy and would rather not work. But most of them simply zigged when they should have zagged. (or made a left when they should have made a right). Or maybe life just dealt them a bad hand and they got a bad disease. Should we just let them die to save a couple of bucks?

What's happened to us? WTF has happened to us that we can't help out those that need our help? I'll pay a few % more, I don't mind.