He finally did it!!!

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
We have been following the Cascadia and waiting for the truck to break 8 mpg while loaded pulled a trailer and it has happened! I was able to drive this truck out on the road while out at the CMC in Denver and we cannot wait to place our order. Great truck and as it gets broke in the truck just keeps getting better.

You can see what Henry Albert has done with the truck at his blog:

http://sliceoftruckerlife.com/blogs/henry-albert/

Henry enjoys getting questions; so ask away as he is very well informed about the Cascadia.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I can't wait to see what you guys can do with that truck. I wish I was in a position to look at one. If I can get between 10.5 and 11.5 out of this truck I can only wonder what I could do with one of those!! Layoutshooter

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
hey Linda, is this going to be your next truck?

Yes this is what we are looking at for our next truck. This one of the reasons we have been watching so close and how he is doing. Does not hurt any that he is a heck of a.nice guy.

Seasoned Expediter
I have had this truck for 2 months with full load of w/g equipment big liftgate and 22ft box i have just started getting 9 per gallon. But i am running from orlando,florida to ontario,california every week.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
How fast do you run the truck? What are your thoughts on how the truck is performing for you? Do you have a lift axle? Do you have an after market sleeper on this truck? Do you have the rack and pinion steering on the truck? Do you have disc brakes on the truck? What kind of transmission are you running?

Wow you sure made me think of a lot of questions for you! That is really awesome that you are all ready running one of these trucks!

Seasoned Expediter
First of all used to work fed ex w/g but over years found my own dedicated customer. I have leyman 4400 ligt gate. Have 100 inch sleeper, sink ultra shift trans. Rear back side camera, all alum wheels disc brakes, too many things to list three tool boxes sat tv. I also have full fairing to cover tanks over 70 led lights.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Wow that is nice. We are also looking at the 100" sleeper and direct drive transmission made by Fuller. How are you liking the disc brakes?
You did not go with the rack and pinion steering?

Sure sounds like a nice truck do you have any pictures?

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Linda if you guys get one with a 2010 emission engine I have no doubt you will get 10 MPG almost right off the bat. Big question I'd have if I was doing the truck is DD15 or DD13. The 13 has all the HP you would ever need and is lighter, but the 15 has the turbo compounding and it helps MPG.

I will be VERY curious as to how you lay out your next truck.

Seasoned Expediter
Oh yes i have rack and pinion steer axle also i have dual tandems did not go with lift axle because i constantly haul over 12,550 pounds each way i also have dd15 and i run 68 mph consistently. I am still in process on paint scheme when i finalize will be more than to share few pics. You will need to guard these though im trying to have one of kind. Its a guy thing