Happy May Day and the rest of the month!

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Last night was the first night I got a full nights sleep this week. I know it is slow, but dang, if this is slow I'm going to have a hard time keeping up when it picks up.

So, if the yard is slower than south Texas, I guess I best be moving out of here today.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Was just informed that Monday is a Canadian holiday. The hits keep coming.

Sent from my - Fisher Price ABC - 123

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
He was a Canadian hopefully he was wrong.

Just looked it up Victoria day may19.

Sent from my - Fisher Price ABC - 123

Last edited:

guido4475

Not a Member
The yard has been slower than Laredo. Strange times indeed????

Breaking silence for a moment here....

Thank you, John, for having our back through these tough times by standing by the layover policy. I cannot even imagine what that is costing...

Back quiet now...pom-poms back on the shelf.

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
We have all heard drivers tell us stories about how good they can pull loads out of thin air.
You know the ones, “I dead headed 250 miles and I got a load.” But they don't tell you it's going 300 miles paid. If you can't see loads coming out of an area, then you are throwing darts in the dark. It's all about right place right time. For three weeks I could only get 1 load per week and never over $1,000. I drove many dead head miles trying to hit the mark and get loaded. I hate to “stick” in one area for days. A lot of us will not take loads to some areas due to history of no freight.

Last week I took loads that I knew would include some dead head out, so I thought.
Monday got a load to Fla., I did head out about 200 miles. Then got one going to Green Bay, Note: nothing in Green Bay was Green, not even the Bay. Another load with dead head out, so I thought.
Got one going to Michigan picking up 5 miles away.
Then I got my last one, a mini, but it added to the pot.

If I turned down that Fla. load none of the following loads would have happened. You never know where one load will lead you to another. It could work out or it could not. No one knows. If anything, it's being in the right place at the right time, nothing more nothing less. There are no “Load Gods”, crystal balls, lucky horse shoes, lucky pennies in the parking lot, or your mojo. Freight is there or it's not. Last week it was there for me. This week? I don't know.

That 850 mile Fla run added another 1500 miles for the week.