happy july.

guido4475

Not a Member
The weekend was spent with Nina and I totally cleaning out my parents flower beds around the perimeter of the house. ..the weeds were like 3 ft high...I have some more to do yet..I actually chose to use the walk behind mower over the rider just to get the excercise in..and didn't stop once....lol..yesterday was spent ripping out the huge mess of rear wiring under the van created from the previous owner and completely redoing it nice and neat and correctly...and replacing the trailer hitch plug as well....today...fixing the headlight problem of the high and low beams being on at the same time..oil change fuel filter...lube...put the new generator on...and anything else we can find ...than tomorrow get the chainsaw out and cut down/up the tree and branches that fell during last nights storm..its something how I work harder at home than at work...but I love staying busy like this...the first 2 days are a living hell physically but after that the more I do the better I feel.. dad isn't doing too well even though he is home. As much as I do not want to accept it, I think his days are numbered. I hope I am wrong.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using EO Forums mobile app

Last edited:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
The weekend was spent with Nina and I totally cleaning out my parents flower beds around the perimeter of the house. ..the weeds were like 3 ft high...I have some more to do yet..I actually chose to use the walk behind mower over the rider just to get the excercise in..and didn't stop once....lol..yesterday was spent ripping out the huge mess of rear wiring under the van created from the previous owner and completely redoing it nice and neat and correctly...and replacing the trailer hitch plug as well....today...fixing the headlight problem of the high and low beams being on at the same time..oil change fuel filter...lube...put the new generator on...and anything else we can find ...than tomorrow get the chainsaw out and cut down/up the tree and branches that fell during last nights storm..its something how I work harder at home than at work...but I love staying busy like this...the first 2 days are a living hell physically but after that the more I do the better I feel.. dad isn't doing too well even though he is home. As much as I do not want to accept it, I think his days are numbered. I hope I am wrong.

On an up note....all our days are numbered...Wish your dad well for me Dave....he is a great guy!!.....I am coming back out for a rest.....LOL

W

Windsor

That's all I've done also since I been home. WORK! I need to go back to work to get a break I swear. But the **** won't get done by it's self I guess.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
That's all I've done also since I been home. WORK! I need to go back to work to get a break I swear. But the **** won't get done by it's self I guess.

"Almost" makes you miss Laredo? LOL

guido4475

Not a Member
Everything is fixed...headlight issue..still scratching my head on this one....a fuse was missing out of it's place..generator...brand new out if the box...with nothing hooked up to it, the gfci trips...by itself...uggghhh..talking with the manufacturer to see how they are going to handle this...

Attachments

• 1404857299127.jpg
    1404857299127.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 95

fr8hlr521

Active Expediter
We a're kind of mmissing Laredo...at least we can eventually catch a load out of there. It will be a long time before we take another Vegas...and we will be looking for a mega rate!!! LOL

Sent from my LG-E980 using EO Forums mobile app

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
One more day :)

Little more sore than I thought I'd be after all my drains removed, so gonna chill one more day. Getting van stocked, in service in the morn.

Dale

Sent from my SPH-D700 using EO Forums mobile app

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Thanks! I'll be glad to get back on the road. Feeling claustrophobic LOL.

Dale

Sent from my SPH-D700 using EO Forums mobile app

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
It's crunch time. Closing on my old and new home on Friday, then the major stuff move set up for Sunday, which of course, I'm not ready for yet :rolleyes:

Exciting but has been extremely more stressful then I thought it would be. I remember now why I hate to move :rolleyes:

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
It's crunch time. Closing on my old and new home on Friday, then the major stuff move set up for Sunday, which of course, I'm not ready for yet :rolleyes:

Exciting but has been extremely more stressful then I thought it would be. I remember now why I hate to move :rolleyes:

Only good part about moving is you realize how much stuff you should have thrown out a long time ago.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Only good part about moving is you realize how much stuff you should have thrown out a long time ago.

That's for sure! Pretty much to this point that's all I've been doing (De-stuffing haha). The last 3 hrs of actual packing went rather easy, except for some sad items that didn't make the next cut :p Although, that bread maker that I have never used, continues to put up a strong fight :rolleyes:

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Save the breadmaker Roadtime...you will use it one day! So I wake up this morning and am thankful this renovation is about over...right now I'm still waiting for the plumber to hook up the water to the shower and vanity, and the contractor has the new front door nailed in place so I have to use the back door and wishing like he.ll I was out on the road with Ken..lol Every time I sweep up there's a new mess to clean up..yesterday it was drywall mud being sanded and the debris from taking out the French doors and it's all over...I want these guys out of my house so I can get the painting done and clean up!!!!

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
I think 80% of the bread makers ever made, didn't produce one loaf of bread. Ours sure didn't, lol.

Well another day and another airplane. Hope everyone is being as productive as they can for July and staying safe!