Happy I Found This

EvoCalls

Seasoned Expediter
Greetings all! I am so excited I found this forum! I am currently a flatbed driver for a large carrier, but I really want to get into expediting; particularly if I can talk my better half into it. I really am interested in vans and straits. Can't wait to spend more time pouring through the posts, it's been great information so far.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Evo... have you thought about what you want to drive? If not, here's a suggestion. Stay in a big rig, run with a company trailer, have patience between loads, and you can practically write your own checks.

Don't do the smaller trucks 'cause they're easier'. The money is in being as flexible as possible... ie, big truck.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Welcome!

We have all different types here those that left T/T and love the straight trucks, those that moved to a straight truck and went back to T/T. The field is wide open to figure out what you like best! Those that went to a van that are not doing so well.

Good Luck

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Good luck and welcome to the forum. We are a straight truck team and love it. We talk to a bunch of T/T teams. Some to well, some don't. Attitude is a big player on your sucess or failure. Only the vans seem to be having a hard time right now, who knows, that could always change. Take your time and read in hear a lot. Don't be afraid to ask dumb questions. We sure did and no one laughed, at least not too much!!! Layoutshooter

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Sure we did, Layoutshooter....but only in private msgs, on account of we're polite, that way.:D (Except for the Col, of course) I remember someone posting the question "What are landing gear?" and no one replied "This is expediting - sometimes we have to fly!" Some may have been restrained by speechlessness, (the question was from a driver!), but most of us remember our own newbie questions, too, and try to be helpful.
You probably won't get a homecooked meal at my place, as Outwardbound did once, (I think he's over the stomach cramps now, so it's not my fault he's been MIA for so long, ok?) but you will get a lot of other good stuff here - welcome! :)

outwardbound 2

Expert Expediter
yes Cheri i'm over the food poisoning now, but to be fair i got it from the iron skellet at the petro. Not the wonderful meal you cooked.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
LOL, Yes I did hear some things in private msgs. I am thankful that most are polite in here. On the other hand, it could have made for some really good comedy!!! By the way, what are landing gear? Layoutshooter

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
Cheri,Holy colesterol,you cook and drive truck,oh ,this is change of subject,should have started Evo,welcome ,As was stated by Thawk,your best move in expedite is a T T,more options and more revenue,sure cost is higher,but benifits are better too,of course,if your wife isnt a cdl holder yet,then a straight truck might be easier to get in.Expedite is the way to go in the trucking industry,but takes patience,and you must have a positive attitude,start thinking negative,and you will be moving company to company.As far as picking a company,it depends whether you prefer a mileage contract,or percentage,a large company that isnt keeping their trucks busy might not be as good as a small company that all are busy.Lots of decissions.Now Cheri,you know the way to a mans heart is thru his stomach,lol

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
It's a funny thing, Steve, but when a man's got heartburn, and a woman holds up a box of baking soda, he forgets where he got the heartburn, lol ;)