Ground flight : modern day crooks?

pandora2112

Seasoned Expediter
Yes they have zorry but Blizzard was obviously an owner operator running for them and other carriers at the same time and idk if Bama is an owner operator but I sense if you're an owner operator they are more likely to treat you more fair. These were company drivers...that could well be the difference in treatment.

)0( Nasmaste )0(

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Resist the urge it has at least been civil.

Sent from my Fisher Price ABC-123.

Is there anywhere for this to go unless actual slighted GF'ers appear and testify under oath ?

I hate when any thread gets locked. And I really just started a bag of popcorn. Real popcorn.

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
Take it from advertising budget.

I wouldn't bet on that one!...lol.

I do agree though, there have been some good things said about them by people who should know. I'm sure they have good intentions and probably make some mistakes too...that's how it goes. The newer a company is, the more of that you will have as they find their way in the business.

You have to know what your getting into in this business. If your going to sign on with a newer carrier, be prepared to deal with the problems associated with that. Same goes for signing with a large, established carrier. Everybody has issues, you need to know what they are and whether or not you can survive them before signing on. This industry can be very cruel to the desperate and/or uninformed.

spongebox1

Expert Expediter
If this thread gets locked then by all means lock me out of my account because I thought this was the place to sound off about things, guess I will go back to Facebook and complain about the food at country pride instead

Sent from my VS910 4G using EO Forums mobile app

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Not taking sides.

Just reminding people we've seen two sides. People tend to forget the positive and remember the negative.

I AM SURE OF THIS. I'm on my second Mother-in-Law.

Well, not actually ON HER.....

spongebox1

Expert Expediter
Not taking sides.

Just reminding people we've seen two sides. People tend to forget the positive and remember the negative.

I AM SURE OF THIS. I'm on my second Mother-in-Law.

Well, not actually ON HER.....

Ouch and ouch?

pandora2112

Seasoned Expediter
I believe people are entitled to different opinions...but I'd much rather see the good, the bad and the ugly and make a more informed decision than not hear it all. No one should take my word as absolute, I always take everything with a grain a salt...I'm sure there's thing I didn't hear but I talked to these people daily and the story never changed and I know where they were at and how much they sat.
As for he said, she said...the other driver is more than ready to give a first hand account as soon as he gets to a computer. I've really not even gone into his story bc he was not on eo to verify it but I hope he joins us soon!

)0( Nasmaste )0(

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
If this thread gets locked then by all means lock me out of my account because I thought this was the place to sound off about things, guess I will go back to Facebook and complain about the food at country pride instead

We don't like the lock threads but we don't want to read fables either of thirdhand party news... It is quite obvious you two don't like ground flight and r doing everything the feed the beast

spongebox1

Expert Expediter
Opinions is one thing but accusations are completely different animal

Fair enough I will cease in my opinions towards this topic, lock it or don't I don't care and regardless of that I will let sleeping dogs lie on EO ok? Done....

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
Yes they have zorry but Blizzard was obviously an owner operator running for them and other carriers at the same time and idk if Bama is an owner operator but I sense if you're an owner operator they are more likely to treat you more fair. These were company drivers...that could well be the difference in treatment.

)0( Nasmaste )0(
You will find this to be the case in many, many company driver situations. Those with an employee mindset tend to allow their superiors to talk down to them...more so than an o/o. Most o/o's would tell somebody where to go long, long before the employee mindset crowd.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Fair enough I will cease in my opinions towards this topic, lock it or don't I don't care and regardless of that I will let sleeping dogs lie on EO ok? Done....

Thank you much appreciated because there's a big difference between beating the dog to death or letting the dog lie down....LOL

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
OK the question has to be asked is this you they overpaid, someone else who personally told you it happened or a friend of a friend of a friend it happened to?
Exactly. Unless it was you who was the one overpaid in exchange for something, or you personally heard them say they would overpay someone in exchange for something, it's meaningless hearsay.

You have to know what your getting into in this business.
The problem is, this business is like a box of chocolates. You have to eat and examine a lot of chocolates from a lot of boxes to begin to have an idea of what you're gonna get. :D

21cExp

Veteran Expediter
I believe that box of chocolates was overpaid for in hopes someone would come on here and say it was good.

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
Chocolates come in many shapes and sizes. What "tastes good" to one person might taste like ****e to another person. I have seen drivers, personally, happy with $300 a week. Couriers with other incomes or no life expenses to speak of. On the flip, I have also seen drivers not tickled unless they hit $2K every week. It's all relative.

21cExp

Veteran Expediter
It was supposed to chocolate but they gave me poo :(

)0( Nasmaste )0(

From what little I can tell in this more than weird thread, you didn't get anything, but started a lot of poo on behalf of others, some of whom, evidently, say you've put words in their mouth. I personally don't have a lot of respect for that sort of muckraking, whether allowed or not in a public forum.