Great Lakes Convoy

gotta go

Veteran Expediter
Are you suffering from the summer heat blues? :eek:
Do you wish there was a trucking get together planned for cooler weather? :rolleyes:
Would you like to step up as a community member and help out a good cause? :)
Well, luckily for you I have a solution (or at least a suggestion). ;)
The Great Lakes Convoy (Convoy > Home) will be taking place September 24th, in Toledo, OH. In addition to the convoy we are having a Rock the Lot party with live music, lunch, trucker games, and raffles.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Glad to support and be part of this! The people at Bolt, and others are really doing a great deed by coming up with such an awesome event!

Monty

Expert Expediter
Don't jump me here, as I see nothing wrong with those that choose to participate, and good for you!

But ... (isn't there always a couple) ... men's cancer's are not important enough to highlight also?

And who is providing the general liability insurance for this ride on the public highways?

Sometimes these things get more complicated than just the feel good intentions of the event.

And as bonus, for those of you not lucky enough to have ever been to the Petro in Toledo ... I present ...

‪noneyerbusiness's Channel‬‏ - YouTube

Last edited:

RoadKing06

Expert Expediter
We really hope to be there. Toledo is home. We aren't sure if we will ride the bike or drive the truck though. Decisions decisions.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Don't jump me here, as I see nothing wrong with those that choose to participate, and good for you!

But ... (isn't there always a couple) ... men's cancer's are not important enough to highlight also?

They are - it would be a good thing if men organized a convoy to highlight it, too. :p
Really, NAN: an event created to highlight one thing is just an acknowledgement that 'everything' is too much to cover - not even the UN pretends it can do that.

And who is providing the general liability insurance for this ride on the public highways?

Each participant must provide proof of liability insurance for their vehicle, the organizers are responsible for obtaining anything else required.

Sometimes these things get more complicated than just the feel good intentions of the event.

'Sometimes' is wildly optimistic, lol.

And as bonus, for those of you not lucky enough to have ever been to the Petro in Toledo ... I present ...

‪noneyerbusiness's Channel‬‏ - YouTube

Nice link, thanks for posting it. :)

gotta go

Veteran Expediter
For those of you who take a break from the summer heat by going to GATS, we are going to be at booth 20022. I was just looking at the floor plan and it doesn't show up yet. It should be near the Pride and Polish area, close to Healthy Trucking Association of America.

gotta go

Veteran Expediter
We just found out that the Petro, in Perrysburg, is going to be offering breakfast the morning of the Convoy for $5. AND they will donate all of the breakfast money to the Convoy!! :D Pretty cool huh?

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
We just found out that the Petro, in Perrysburg, is going to be offering breakfast the morning of the Convoy for $5. AND they will donate all of the breakfast money to the Convoy!! :D Pretty cool huh?

Great Job Gotta Go and Petro! TA/Petro just keep stepping up to the place...

moose

Veteran Expediter

Probl'y serve Crabs ...

gotta go

Veteran Expediter
Do you realize tomorrow is the Convoy??? If you check out our sponsor page, Convoy > Sponsors, you just may recognize a name or two.
Breakfast has changed to being a pancake and sausage breakfast cooked in the parking lot, for a donation.
Registration starts at 8:30. Look forward to seeing you there.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
I hope you guys have a great turnout which I am sure you will. Great job Gotta Go and all of your helpers and supporters!

moose

Veteran Expediter
I will be Snailing along the T/P later on Sat. afternoon,
and will TRY (logbook restrictions may apply) to stop by and say Hy .
G/L.

gotta go

Veteran Expediter
I will be Snailing along the T/P later on Sat. afternoon,
and will TRY (logbook restrictions may apply) to stop by and say Hy .
G/L.

It would be great to see you again Moose.
We are getting calls and registrations from all aspects of trucking. First Express has 3 trucks registered.
I wonder which company will have the largest representation? :confused: