xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Your going to be missed.

1388491664267.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using EO Forums mobile app

GandJ

Active Expediter
There is a loop hole in the new law. Rough service bulbs are still OK to be manufactured. Not just plastic coated ones but the ones that have a heavier filament.
I think there are just two companies that are permitted to produce them.

Love L E Ds but they just don't work like old faithful.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I think you can still buy incandescent light bulbs in Cuba, China and most Islamic countries.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Marijuana sales will become legal in Colorado tomorrow with other states possibly following their lead in the near future.

Sales of the last incandescent light bulbs will become illegal tomorrow.

Is this a great country or what!

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I think you can still buy incandescent light bulbs in Cuba, China and most Islamic countries.
Cuba exchanged all incandescent light bulbs for CFLs, and banned the sale and import of them in 2005, probably because they got most of their light bulbs from Venezuela and Brazil, which banned incandescents the same year.

In China, 100 Watts and higher have been banned since 2012, and as of Oct 2014 60 Watts and higher will be banned. All incandescents will be banned by Oct 2016.

In Iran, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, and several other Islamic countries anything higher than 40 Watts is banned as of tomorrow. Most other Islamic countries, with electricity, are in about the same time frame.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Marijuana sales will become legal in Colorado tomorrow with other states possibly following their lead in the near future.

Sales of the last incandescent light bulbs will become illegal tomorrow.

Is this a great country or what!
Starting tomorrow, students in California must be allowed to play school sports and use school bathrooms "consistent with their gender identity," regardless of their birth identity.

In Illinois, anyone under 18 cannot use a tanning bed without a note from their doctor (UV rays are helpful in treating psoriasis). Illinois also joins the ranks of states that ban hand held cell phones while driving. Also, sec education classes in Illinois must include abstinence and contraception as part of the curriculum, apparently because someone thinks both are important in the biological mechanism of sexual reproduction. Another Illinois law, in a slap at PETA, prohibits the use of drones to harass hunters and fishermen.

In Oregon, new mothers will now be able to take their placentas home from the hospital (some experts say ingesting it has positive health benefits).

Another new state law in Oregon bans smoking in motor vehicles when children are present. $250 for a first offense and $500 for subsequent offenses.

In Delaware, it is now illegal to possess, sell or distribute shark fins. No shark fin soup for YOU!

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Will someone remind me why incandescent light bulbs are bad for the environment.
photo.jpg

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Cuba exchanged all incandescent light bulbs for CFLs, and banned the sale and import of them in 2005, probably because they got most of their light bulbs from Venezuela and Brazil, which banned incandescents the same year.

In China, 100 Watts and higher have been banned since 2012, and as of Oct 2014 60 Watts and higher will be banned. All incandescents will be banned by Oct 2016.

In Iran, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, and several other Islamic countries anything higher than 40 Watts is banned as of tomorrow. Most other Islamic countries, with electricity, are in about the same time frame.

images

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Nothing like a loss of freedom. The government has no business controlling light bulbs, toilet tank sizes, gas MPG etc. What a crock.

aquitted

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I have those new florescents in the ceiling fan in our bedroom they were ok when they were new but after a coupe of months it takes about 5 minutes for them to come to full brightness so now we just leave them on and waste electricity so we can see when we need to.