Good Country Bars

Unforgiven

Not a Member
When I have to wait, I find a nice little country bar. One with a juke box with plenty of ol Hank Sr and steel guitars in it. A few blue ribbons a pretty bartender some place to spit and I can wait for days. If I play my cards right usually don't even need my bunk. A few fillies scattered about this great land can make this job heaven on earth.
So wheres your favorite tavern

BillChaffey

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
I sincerely hope I'm not on the same highway after you have had "a few Blue Ribbons" :p Also if your Carrier sees your post. They will be less then thrilled.

letzrockexpress

Veteran Expediter
When I have to wait, I find a nice little country bar. One with a juke box with plenty of ol Hank Sr and steel guitars in it. A few blue ribbons a pretty bartender some place to spit and I can wait for days. If I play my cards right usually don't even need my bunk. A few fillies scattered about this great land can make this job heaven on earth.
So wheres your favorite tavern

WOW! Are you Bo Darville from Smokey and the Bandit?

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Out of service...go for it and enjoy those "Blue Ribbons"....sittin waitin for a load...I am with Bill...and who is it that you drive for!?!?

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Forgive me if I have missed a post explaining this, but... Are you Doug'???? And if not, why are you using his picture as your avatar? That seems a little over the top eh?
Maybe he is Jack Twist and Doug is Ennis Del Mar.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I sincerely hope I'm not on the same highway after you have had "a few Blue Ribbons" :p Also if your Carrier sees your post. They will be less then thrilled.

Maybe I missed something? I didn't see anywhere in his post that said he downed a few and then went out and drove. Your a little over the top here IMHO.

BillChaffey

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
"When I have to wait, I like to find a country Bar" What do you think he's waiting for?

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
I go to Pensacola, the Sand Shaker, not country, but a fun place for older dudes like me. Big parkiing lot, so when the fun part is over, I go to the parkiing lot, and go to sleep in the van, well thats my story.:) I love those bushwackers drinks...

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The weekend to be over, his reset to end, work to be done on the truck, want more? Your suggesting that he is not a smart or good driver from one little word he wrote. Because of that should people assume your a judgmental person, that would most likely be just as wrong as your assumption about Unforgiven.

BillChaffey

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
Suit yourself. Maybe he's waiting on winning the Lottery or his laundry. I still think he's waiting on a load.

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
Requirements for a country bar to be a good country bar:

1) No country music allowed
2) No rednecks, cowboy hats, or western shirts allowed
3) Nobody that likes country music allowed
4) Big screen TVs with sports on them 24/7--MANDATORY

(Yes, I realize that makes it a sports bar, not a country bar.)

And it was fairly obvious from his post that he was talking about waiting for a load.

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
"When I have to wait, I like to find a country Bar" What do you think he's waiting for?

Maybe a open pool table:p
(or he said something bout horses?? not clear on that one tho)

When not avaible for service I find a pool hall that serves,,a bowling alley,,any place with activty works well,,
Of course I find a legal parking spot with-in walking distance that I know I wont have to move the truck..I have spend a few nights in bowing alleys,,just check with alley manager and get his or her permission to sleep on the lot and out of the way..ya would be surpised how many want your $$

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Maybe it's apocryphal [like an urban legend], and certainly it's anecdotal, but I've heard of commercial drivers being cited for DUI upon returning to their vehicle from a drinking establishment- because the keys are in their possession, and they 'could' decide to drive away at any time. Inebriation makes some folks do strange things, right?
In these days of revenue grabs for the slightest pretext, I wouldn't risk it. It's probably not gonna happen, but if it does, you can kiss your CDL and/or job goodbye.

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Maybe it's apocryphal [like an urban legend], and certainly it's anecdotal, but I've heard of commercial drivers being cited for DUI upon returning to their vehicle from a drinking establishment- because the keys are in their possession, and they 'could' decide to drive away at any time. Inebriation makes some folks do strange things, right?
In these days of revenue grabs for the slightest pretext, I wouldn't risk it. It's probably not gonna happen, but if it does, you can kiss your CDL and/or job goodbye.

I have no clue how the law reads, Would be interesting if someone does post on it.
I go by what my safety director tells me..He states you can drink a beer in the sleeper,ya can have beer in your refrigerator
You cant drive your truck to go get a six pack,,You cant drink in cab,,No keys in ign.You cant go to your next load with beer in your possession,,anywhere in the truck..You must throw it away or give it away prior to moving and of course ya better be stone cold sober....
I don't get drunk out here.I can nurse a beer or (two:D) while throwing a few games or shooting 5 or 6 games of pool,and then sitting down to some bar burgers (dinner) I properly am legal by the time I get back to the truck??? Staggering back to the truck is asking for trouble.
I do agree it could be easy for 1 to turn into 2 and so on,,but with me it don't happen..

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
SloRide: I think you and your safety director need to read the FMCSA rule 392.5, which clearly prohibits alcohol if and when the driver "has physical control of the motor vehicle". [That's why the keys matter, and they don't have to be in the ignition, either, they could be in your pocket - you still have physical control.]
Y'all are flirting with disaster, IMO.