Good company to lease under

marrio

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
Newbie to sprinters and considering Bolt Express or XPO to lease under.....!!! I'm working 144wb sprinter about 129.5 length about 2 pallets. Is one better than the other? Any suggestions to consider?

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
I started with bolt and then xpo and finished under load one....all of them have their good and bad points....the question is do you know your cost per mile on the van?

Reactions: Mr. Loyalty.

Mr. Loyalty.

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'd make darn sure that you can haul 3 skids, or 144" of cargo length if needed. You will have the upper hand on all those 2 skid capacity vans out there..you may find that the 3 skid capacity will get you out in front of all those 2 skid vans in a highly congested area. And there are good carriers out there, like Load One, that require a van to be able to carry 3 skids.

Reactions: danthewolf00

Mr. Loyalty.

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
3 skid is a must but you also should have the room for a small bunk right behind the seats to sleep on if fully loaded.
True. But in a Promaster or a Transit or a non extended Sprinter that may only leave you with, what, 24 inches of sleep space?..I only take 3 skid loads if they are direct delivery if the consignee is open when I get there, or, if they are willing to pay meals and motels until unloaded....and that has happened a few times...

Reactions: danthewolf00

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
Lol my sprinter had custom bunk beds built right behind the seats....then I got a new van and stayed solo but still had a thin bed....needed that 3 skid capacity.

Reactions: Mr. Loyalty.