Go Seattle!

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Some people speak when they have something to say, others, when they have to say something.
:banghead:
Sent from my XT907 using EO Forums mobile app

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Whew, yeah. Thank goodness for Manning. It might not have been a good game without him. :rolleyes:

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I didn't know it's the Sports forum, (not used to using the app) or I wouldn't have read it, much less commented.
Because sports don't often interest me, I don't have much to say that would interest anyone else. So I don't say it.
Novel concept! :rolleyes:

Sent from my XT907 using EO Forums mobile app

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Seattle deserve to win , they were prepared to play ....Denver on the other hand was not ready to play ...I would blame the coach as it was not just 1 or 2 players but about 80 % of the total team ......just a bad super bowl. .....

Sent from my SGH-M919 using EO Forums mobile app

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Some people speak when they have something to say, others, when they have to say something.
:banghead:

I have to say something too. LOL

Some people look at a Picasso with a closed mind, and think, "What a piece of crap." Some watch a dominating Superbowl game and think it's boring. But if you like how defenses work, and the intricacies of the play, a SB like this becomes a masterpiece. To know how good Peyton Manning is, and how he totally made the Broncos (and the Colts before them) what they are, and then watch the Hawks take away his targets, and leave him with that disgusted look we know so well... brilliance.

You don't pay a QB 20 million and expect to win the SB. You build a TEAM to do that. That was the difference between the Seahawks and Broncos, and others who rest their game upon one player's shoulders. If you can eliminate the threat from the Broncos' QB, they fall apart. Elimination of Aqib Talib, by injury, brought about the downfall of the Patriots. Lions fail without Megatron, etc. Seattle's defense, in particular, is built upon depth, and quality draft selections in later rounds. If one of the guys goes down, the next guy steps up with little loss at skill... and it works, for the most part.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I have to say something too. LOL

Some people look at a Picasso with a closed mind, and think, "What a piece of crap." Some watch a dominating Superbowl game and think it's boring. But if you like how defenses work, and the intricacies of the play, a SB like this becomes a masterpiece. To know how good Peyton Manning is, and how he totally made the Broncos (and the Colts before them) what they are, and then watch the Hawks take away his targets, and leave him with that disgusted look we know so well... brilliance.

You don't pay a QB 20 million and expect to win the SB. You build a TEAM to do that. That was the difference between the Seahawks and Broncos, and others who rest their game upon one player's shoulders. If you can eliminate the threat from the Broncos' QB, they fall apart. Elimination of Aqib Talib, by injury, brought about the downfall of the Patriots. Lions fail without Megatron, etc. Seattle's defense, in particular, is built upon depth, and quality draft selections in later rounds. If one of the guys goes down, the next guy steps up with little loss at skill... and it works, for the most part.

Seattle has a very dominating defense. They won. I turned it off, before the end of the first half. NO drama, NO "tense moments". The outcome was known. NOT knowing the outcome is what makes sports fun. Watching a very good defense practice is not fun. Close games, games where the outcome is not known with 2 seconds left, is fun. Watching paint dry is not.

I agree, Seattle built a VERY good team.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
I don't think the outcome was apparent until the first play of the second half.

Had Denver made Seattle punt, and then went down to score the momentum may have shifted.

I quickly lost hope in the second half, as did some of the Denver players.

The Bears opened at 30-1 to win it next year. Seems a resonable bet to me. :)

Now I need a load to Vegas, or the Bronx.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It seemed to me that Denver did not want to win this game, right from the start. The outcome seems to confirm my original observation. They had no "Fire" in their guts. It looked like they were just going about the motions. They looked either like a beaten team, or a team that could easily be beaten, starting with the coin toss.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Right they competed all year suffered injuries and fought through the playoffs just to purposely give up from the start of the game. :rolleyes:

sent from my Fisher Price - ABC123

zorry

Veteran Expediter
They're not very used to playing from far behind.
Like they say, On any given Sunday....

Bruno Mars ain't no James Brown !

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Right they competed all year suffered injuries and fought through the playoffs just to purposely give up from the start of the game. :rolleyes:

sent from my Fisher Price - ABC123

They looked "flat". I don't know what the problem was. They looked like losers. They were. It could be seen in their "step". The way heads were carried. Manning looked "Off". Close up of his eyes showed they were not as "sharp" or "quick" as I have seen before.

Why does this happen in sports? I don't know, but it does. It did Sunday. The "signs" are very obvious.