Gifts for Expeditors

poison

Seasoned Expediter
less expedited truck on the road to compete with.more freight and
a higher rate.LOL is that asking for to much?

Pappy

Expert Expediter
I would like to have one of the ICE ALERT devices sold at Pilot. They show the inside and outside temp and warn you to look for ice on bridges and overpasses whenthe sensor is activated!

Pappy :)

panthercub

Seasoned Expediter
A shower card would be nice. Since my van doesn't hold 50 gallons of fuel, I can't get a free shower with a fuel purchase, so I have to buy all my showers. No, it's not a huge expense, but every little bit helps. I could have asked for an '07 Sprinter with the Midway Sleeper!

Daniel
Panther 12055

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
If you fuel at the J you get a half credit for 25 gallons so you can get a shower free every other fill.

On topic, the Stanley LED light that has the folding tripod stand and fully adjustable head.

Stick on LED lights that use 3 AAA batteries and will run for scores of hours per set. They are useful under the table, in the corner of a cabinet, in the top of the outside storage box and lots of other places.

The latest atlas because even with GPS you should have a good atlas.

An LED light that clips on the visor of your cap and puts light wherever your head is pointing.

A good quality pair of gloves, both insulated and non insulated.

A good padlock that isn't rusted and corroded for the cargo box.

A steering wheel desk.

A good steering wheel cover.

Leo Bricker, 73's K5LDB
OOIDA Life Member 677319, JOIN NOW
Owner, Panther trucks 5508, 5509, 5641
EO Forum Moderator
----------
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

Fr8 Shaker

Veteran Expediter
Just a small correction on buying gas for a van at the flying j, you only need to purchase 20 gal. for a 1/2 shower credit. Which if you have a chevy/gmc van when your gauge shows 1/4 tank you should be able to squeeze in 20 gals.

CharlesD

Expert Expediter
Books and more books, that and some new DVDs would be nice. Maybe a larger inverter that can handle a microwave would be nice too.

ConfusedMuse

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Wow.. what would we want... well for starters that never ending wad of bills in NightCreacher's picture... hahahaha, just kidding.
Would be nice if everyone just treated everyone else fairly, pretty well have all that I can handle right now.

wallytrucker1

Expert Expediter
a new truck to hook to my trailer..guy here in town has a 2007 volvo 780, 80k for miles, super singles, chicken lights, AUTOMATIC ,apu, dinette,etc, that's all I want..

greg334

Veteran Expediter
OK here is one for you readers, a Sony PRS-505 ebook reader.

Now for those who read a lot, like me, this is a great thing because I can free up around 15 cubic feet of space by eliminating the 100 or so books I always carry with me. In addition to this, I can now take the 1000 or so books off my laptop and stick them on an SD card and boom I have a lot of reading material on a one inch square, eighth inch thick card instead of a big laptop.

I borrowed one to do a review that I never got around to write but I found a few good things, it reads a lot of different formats (text, PDF, RTF which is also DOC and you can play audio files with it) and I can download books from project Gutenberg (and other free book sources) and don't have to retypeset the format to use them like I have to on the laptop. There are a lot of new books out there thanks to the fact that all the new stuff going into print is in electronic form and they don't have to do really anything to sell it. The unit held a long charge, I used it for a week straight without a charge and it is also very easy on the eyes and easy to lay down and read with it.

It cost around 300 by the way.

Check it out -
http://tinyurl.com/ywcuwf

As for me, I put it on my Santa Cat list for presents but I came home to find that my favorite chair was out in the trash and a new $300 recliner was sitting in it's place with one cat on top and my dog in the chair staring at me when I got home. So this will have to wait until either someone else gets it for me or I can save up for it.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
" just give me the old hos so we can split the sleeper into 5hr stints"

There's a really funny lot lizard joke in there if you look for it.

Slow and steady, even in expediting, wins the race - Aesop

TJ959

Veteran Expediter
Books on CD or on tape. Computer games too, but not as habit forming as the ones I have. ( is that possible?) Some of these games can just take over. I love to read but eyestrain has become a problem. Long stints of reading or even computer use has become a strain. Old chubby guy syndrome has set in.

Paul56

Seasoned Expediter
>What gifts would make your life on the road much easier?

We don't need anything in the material sense; however, I am always so very thankful to have Nicole's companionship when we are on the road. I never take it for granted that she goes out with me and is able to handle everything on her own... often better than I can. :)

So for me, that is my "gift".

arrbsthw

Expert Expediter
Seriously, I can't think of anything I need or want for Christmas. To me
the most fun part of Christmas is to be able to give to others. As long
as I can do that I am happy.