Getting jacked up by the cops in Iowa right now

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
Ok, here's the deal...before I pulled into this rest area, I passed a diesel bear on the shoulder. He had a big truck pulled over. But I couldn't tell it was a diesel bear because he had only amber flashers to the rear. I figured it was a service vehicle of some kind assisting Billy Big Rigger. I didn't move over because they were on a merge ramp and there was extra room there. I mean, they were farther away from the lane of travel than normal.

So my dog had to pee and I pulled into the pickle park just down the highway from there. My dog does her thing and I get back in the vehicle, and just then the diesel bear comes along and pulls past me and onto the shoulder on the get-'em-on coming out of the pickle park. Made me uneasy because I wondered if he objected to my not moving over for him.

Before I leave, a county mounty comes along and sidles up to the diesel bear and they have a short conversation, then the mounty turns around and comes the wrong way back up the ramp. "Uh-huh," I think. He disappears from my view, only to reappear by my passenger side window before coming around.

He tells me somebody thought I was suspicious. I think we all know who that was. He takes my CDL and goes back to his car to do what cops do with 'em and the diesel bear drives over and sidles up to him while he does it. A couple minutes later, he comes back, tells me, "Well, you don't seem suspicious to me" and gives me back my license. Didn't tase me or anything. Nice guy, actually. I wish all cops were more like him because he didn't strut around like GI Joe. Made the mistake of trying to reach in & pet my dog, which was a big mistake. She almost had a snack there, finger sandwiches.

I don't think it had anything to do with how I passed the diesel bear. The first company I signed on with put their decals on the van, and now I usually cover them up because I do more business with the other two. I think that's what he found suspicious and he called in the mounty to check me out.

I

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
EO is read by cops, too - given the taglines, who's surprised here? I bet they don't like being profiled any more than anyone else.......just sayin.

I can imagine that.

"You're not that AMonger jackball, are you?...Out of the van, sir."

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Gee, that is how I find MOST cops talk to me when I have to deal with them. I seldom have had a problem. A bit more with border patrol people, both Canadian and American and ONE cop in Miami. Other than that, I have had nothing but good contacts with the police.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
As I reported a few days ago my IRT decoder ring got fried so I am unable to use it to decode this cb radio lingo. Fortunately I found this site: Trucker Slang and CB Radio Lingo Dictionary – Talk Like a Trucker | TruckersReport.com

Apparently you have the good sense not to spew your hatred of law enforcement officers directly to their faces. So, a big 10-4 to you good buddy, hammer down the super slab and keep the shiny side up. Catch you on the flip-flop cupcake.

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
My name is Dale. (*hello Dale*).... I still use the old CB Lingo LOL... I understood him fine!

:)

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
oh, I was prepared to. but I find it hard to be impolite to people who are nice, and this guy was just plain sunny side up the whole time.

it's the same with my dog. I've met people that instantly I don't like, but then they're nice to my dog, petting her and saying how cute she is, and all of a sudden I'm being nice to them.

and I don't hate all cops, just the ones who think they're g I joe or have no regard for the bill of rights, or think they're above us.

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
As I reported a few days ago my IRT decoder ring got fried so I am unable to use it to decode this cb radio lingo. Fortunately I found this site: Trucker Slang and CB Radio Lingo Dictionary – Talk Like a Trucker | TruckersReport.com

Apparently you have the good sense not to spew your hatred of law enforcement officers directly to their faces. So, a big 10-4 to you good buddy, hammer down the super slab and keep the shiny side up. Catch you on the flip-flop cupcake.

Miss me don't ya all.
Some one else will even worse.

Enough is Enough now its official.

Last edited:

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Gee, that is how I find MOST cops talk to me when I have to deal with them. I seldom have had a problem. A bit more with border patrol people, both Canadian and American and ONE cop in Miami. Other than that, I have had nothing but good contacts with the police.

It's a good thing you never ran into Andy Griffith and Barney Fife. Both of them talked about the bullet Barney carried in his shirt pocket. They would have had hell to pay if you were around to catch them using that language.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
I don't hate all cops, just the ones who think they're g I joe or have no regard for the bill of rights, or think they're above us.

When you (or anyone) meet people who think they are above you, what is the problem really? Is it that they think they are above you, or is it that you think you are beneath them?

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
When you (or anyone) meet people who think they are above you, what is the problem really? Is it that they think they are above you, or is it that you think you are beneath them?

In this case, it's that government, including cops, is/are our servants, and so not only is there a general standard that they not abuse the power we've given them, but we have specific prohibitions, some listed in the Bill of Rights, that limit their power. Thinking they're above us is manifested by both their demeanor and violating the Bill of Rights. It's essentially like an attack dog turning on its master.