Get ready for higher pump prices!!!

sixwheeler

Expert Expediter
If history is any kind of an indicator, when supplies are interrupted like this the price at the pump shoots up quick.
4.00 per gallon could look really cheap soon.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Well I was just thinking listening to the analyst for oil that this is a major issue that has not hit us yet, seeing I am already paying $3.79 per gallon here and reading all the doom and gloom stuff Phil and others are talking about, many may be glad to see $4 per gallon - we may see $5 or $6 a gallon.

Now this brings up the question, how many carriers will change their FSC to reflect the price quickly (if at all) and how many can really afford to run their trucks at $6 a gallon?

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Prices spiked initially, but they've already fallen back down. There are four pipelines that carry heavy Canadian crude from the Enbridge, Inc.' Clearbrook, MN hub. Only one of the lines was damaged. They expect to have it repaired and all 4 lines back up and running within the next few days. In the meantime, refiners say they have enough crude oil on hand in refinery storage to weather a brief outage of the line.

(Stolen from Reuters, and heavily edited.)
Full story here:
No impact on US refineries from pipeline blast
http://www.reuters.com/article/rbssIndustryMaterialsUtilitiesNews/idUSN2923546720071129

Slow and steady, even in expediting, wins the race - Aesop

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Hold on! I just heard the wife of the Exxon CEO is having cramps, and prices are expected to go up another $1.50. That's on top of the $.50 because his dog has parvo. And the $.75 cause his kid is going thru puberty.

-A bore is a person who opens his mouth and puts his feats in it. - Henry Ford

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Now don't think I was jumping on this but it was all over the news this morning as part of the doom and gloom theme we are working with lately and just found out that they have been substituting chicken grease for crude oil so not to disrupt the oil flow - thanks Tyson.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I delivered this afternoon to nearby Detroit Lakes, MN and that was the talk of the town. Two workers were killed by the fire/explosion. Word is that 2 or 3 of the pipelines are now flowing. Just another excuse to justify an increase in oil prices.

I delivered a valve to a refinery in Coffeyville, KS. early last winter. Most of the refinery was shut down for scheduled maintenance. This had no effect on oil prices, at least none that was made public. But this spring when the refinery was shut down do to flooding, that was noted as a contributing factor to an increase in oil prices.

Remember the damaged pipeline in Arizona or the refinery fire a few years ago in Illinois. Hey how about those planes that crashed in New York back in I think it was ought one. Instant price increase at the pump.

riverrat2000

Seasoned Expediter
I hope the tyson trucks at least throw in some of Kentucky fried chickens secret spices so at least we can enjoy the smell when we are behind them!!