Garmin Dezl 760

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I also have a 7 yr old C550 and I recently tried the GPS on our Qualcomm. Garmin wins, not even close. :thumbup:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It sure would be fun to meet the people who wright the software for these units and slap them bald headed! WHEW! Why is it they can't have address inputs the way NORMAL people do?

Geeks is freaks! :mad::p

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
They're in Olathe, KS right off the interstate. ;)

DARN! I wish I had not turned down that load to KC now!

Garmin makes great toys but there software is about as much fun as dropping a bowling ball on your left big toe while having a gout attack in it.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
It's really not that bad once you get used to it and learn it.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I am talking about the user/unit interface software, not the system operation software.

It is poorly written in my opinion. It is clunky, the documentation, computer based only, is unclear. It is very limiting, not allowing users to use the capabilities of the system fully. It is good, IF and only IF, the user uses the system as they want you too.

Not to worry, I will muddle through it as always, use it's limited functions to the ends of it's capabilities, and when, and only when, I solve my other systems problem this unit will fit into it's place for which I purchased it. It cannot ever suit the needs of my operation with the software as written.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It'll have you properly trained with a couple of weeks. );

Not if I can help it! LOL! This could be an AMAZING unit with a few tweaks to the software. OH the things I envision for it! Too bad there is not a snowballs chance in Miami of that ever happening.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
It'll probably do more then you think out will. The trick will be fighting out put. The User's Manual isn't likely to be much help. But places like GPS Passion can give you ideas as well as answers.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It'll probably do more then you think out will. The trick will be fighting out put. The User's Manual isn't likely to be much help. But places like GPS Passion can give you ideas as well as answers.

The users manual is is typical Garmin. I am SO happy to see how consistent they have remained over the years.

I will check out that site, thanks.

My main goal is to figure out the laptop problem. It is beyond a pain. It has been a on and off problem since I started in expediting, through several computers and with both Intel and AMD processors. Delorme KNOWS it is a problem and they just really don't care.