Garmin Dezl 760

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I broke down and bought one. I was looking at it, at $399. I had $90 in TA points and was pondering whether that was enough to go for it. Then the manager said he would give me another 10% off. I told him I would think about it. He upped it to 20% off. That did it.

Now I only have ONE problem. Some how I got the thing into the "demo mode" I cannot figure out how to get it OUT of the demo mode. It really bugs me. I used to put all kinds of units into and out of demo on a daily basis but I cannot see how to do it with this one.

Anyone know?

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Thanks, but I STILL can't get it out of demo mode. What a pain. It should be easy. There is no mention of it in the manual either. It's driving me sane!

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Driving you sane ?
If the TA Manager here will knock off 20 % I'll buy one and be confused with you.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Driving you sane ?
If the TA Manager here will knock off 20 % I'll buy one and be confused with you.

I did not even ask for a discount. He started bargaining down on his own. Yep, 20%. Then I had the $90 bucks of TA points. Not bad at all.

Opel2010

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I did not even ask for a discount. He started bargaining down on his own. Yep, 20%. Then I had the $90 bucks of TA points. Not bad at all.

Maybe he knew there's a problem with it and that's why he rushed to give ya that huge discount. ..

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Maybe he knew there's a problem with it and that's why he rushed to give ya that huge discount. ..

Maybe, time will tell.

I just don't know the proceedure on the unit. They all have it. There is normally something about it in the manual. The box was sealed though, who knows?

zorry

Veteran Expediter
GpsCity.com has videos that show you how to work various options. Don't know if there's one there that will help you.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I'm pretty sure that to get the unit out of Demo Mode all you need to to is turn it on and take it for a ride. At least 10 MPH for at least 30 seconds should do it.

With some units, you need to press the Volume button, then press the upper right corner of the volume screen (sometimes for up to 10 seconds) and a Demo Menu appears where you can unselect Demo Mode. But taking your Dezl for a spin should do it.

SHARP327

Veteran Expediter
look to see if there's a very small hole on the unit somewhere if so this could be the reset...something like a round toothpick may work by inserting it into the hole...if so then carefully do it....this is just a guess and maybe something else may work better...your decision.

SHARP327

Veteran Expediter
just did a google search on ----resetting a dezl 760--- a there's a youtube video showing how to do it so forget the hole search.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Doing a hard factory reset to clear user data really isn't the same thing as changing modes. If it comes default from the factory in Demo Mode, and a lot of Nuvis do, doing a hard reset will clear user data and put it in Demo Mode, the same way it came from the factory.

Last edited:

aquitted

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I know i'm going A little off thread but just thought I would let you know I bought the 760 DEZL jan 4th and yesturday hooked it up to the computer went online and there was A software update for it already so after you get it out of demo mode you might want to hook it up to your computer and go online and see if it needs an update.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Thanks all. I did do the software update prior to this going into demo. Just wish I knew how I did it. Oh well, sooner or later I will have to move the truck. I just wanted to play with it while I was sitting here bored out of my gourd.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Did you drive by my truck last week when I was at the "J" in Missisagua (SP?) I saw a silver sprinter go by.