Gang initiation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brisco

Expert Expediter
You should probably look up the legal definition of defamation ...

Then contemplate what the ramifications of that might be on current or future boat ownership ...

Defamation:
Any intentional false communication, either written or spoken, that harms a person's reputation; decreases the respect, regard, or confidence in which a person is held; or induces disparaging, hostile, or disagreeable opinions or feelings against a person.

This is Just Freeeeking Hilarious................

Check and Mate...........

Your Move...................

If you THINK I'm worried...............Go Ahead...............Make your Move.

I just HOPE to Heck you have the Resources to Play the Game to The END........

I know I do.....................

Who is YLent anyways................Could it be somebody you have affections for??

We BOTH know WHO each other are..............Again..............Your Move.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
My importance around here (or lack thereof) has absolutely zero to do with it.

But you know it's all about how popular you are, when deciding if your words have merit. :rolleyes:

Brisco needs a motivational poster - I'd suggest the one of Snoop Whateverhisnameisthisyear and Martha Stewart, happily cooking together, with the caption: "Only one of them is a convicted felon." ;)

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
This is Just Freeeeking Hilarious................
I have no doubt you think so, but like I said, I think you picked the wrong road to go down.

I just HOPE to Heck you have the Resources to Play the Game to The END........
His resources are irrelevant. If you continue down this road, the game will end a lot quicker than you think, and you won't like the ending.

From the EO Code of Conduct:
2. Be respectful of others at all times.
The purpose of this forum is to provide a platform for the exchange of ideas and information. Occasionally, there will be conflicts that arise when people voice divergent opinions. Be courteous when disagreeing with others. It is possible to disagree without being insulting.

3. Personal attacks are prohibited.
Members are not permitted to harass or "flame" other members. Do not post or private message (PM) any threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful or otherwise objectionable material of any kind, including, but not limited to, any material which encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, violate the rights of others, or otherwise violate any applicable local, state, or federal law. All flames will be automatically deleted and the member may be warned or permanently barred from future forum use.

The fact is, the most troubles in The Soapbox are caused by people who aren't even expediters. Another fact is, you don't have to actually violate the Code of Conduct to get yourself banned, all you have to do is become more trouble than you're worth.

The road you are traveling has come to a fork: One path is the Spirit of the Code of Conduct Boulevard, and the other path is More Trouble Than You are Worth Circle. Choose your path wisely.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
In response to Pilgrims's hypothetical question if the races were reversed. Most likely the racial angle would be played up and be the lead story on many MSN newscasts. For a variety of reasons. For one, white crime on black victims statistically is very low. When it does occur, it is usually assumed in their community by many, that the victim was selected because of his race.
Thus the arrival of Jesse and Al and the additional media attention given to the crime because they are there.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Ok ok ok I got a hypothical of my own to bounce off everyone. You ready?Here it is. What if the bus driver did this all himself ? Ok here me out on this one. From all indications so far this guy was a model citizen. His employer said he was one of their best employees in the last ten years. Family and friends said he is a great guy,religious fellow and all.
So I'm discounting Turtle's hypothical at this point. Sorry Turtle. What if this god fearing fellow wanted to 'spread the word' and kick it up a notch by staging an altercation so as to make headlines as a 'miracle'. Anyone still with me? What if it went down like the following?
Before his day starts he takes his shirt and puts the book in his pocket. He hangs it up in his basement and fires two shots with his untraceable gun into the shirt and book. He then puts his shirt on and goes to work. The third shot he shoots himself in the leg(a non life threatening wound.How convenient huh?) The third shot is for added affect.
He calls 911 and tells his 'story'. He makes national news. A 'miracle' is used to describe what happened. The 'word' is spread. Mission accomplished.
Anyone still with me on this theory? Anyone? Anyone?

http://m.daytondailynews.com/news/news/crime-law/dayton-police-show-devotional-book-stopped-bullets/ndjHM/

Last edited:

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
You still don't understand the definition of hearsay. His claim of what he was told by his attackers isn't idle, and it's definitely not "unverified information or gossip" as he is making a direct claim (he witnessed what was said). What they said may be unverified, but his claim that he heard it is a direct claim (what he personally witnessed). The fact that he said it is verified, because he's the one who said it, but what they actually said is not verified. But that's not hearsay (unless he uses what they told him as proof in court that they were taking part in a gang initiation). Hearsay would be if he is making a claim that someone else told him happened, something that he didn't actually hear. If you were to say, "Rickey told me that the attackers told him..." then your statement about what Rickey was told would be hearsay, because you didn't personally witness them telling Rickey anything. But Rickey saying, "I heard them say..." would be direct testimony of evidence of what Rickey heard, even if Rickey's testimony of what they said cannot be verified or corroborated.

From the same Dictionary.com page:
Hearsay
Information heard by one person about another. Hearsay is generally inadmissible as evidence in a court of law because it is based on the reports of others rather than on the personal knowledge of a witness.

In this case, Rickey has direct personal knowledge as a witness. He didn't hear about what the attackers said (hearsay), he heard it directly from the attackers.

If what the attackers told him is not able to be verified, that doesn't make Rickey's statement hearsay, it simply makes it an unverified allegation. Hearsay can be corroborated and verified, and still be hearsay, by the way.
Cutting through all of the above BS, the sentence in bold sort of sums it all up. First of all, the term unverified allegation is redundant, if not nonsensical, since by definition an allegation is "an assertion made with little or no proof"

Allegation | Define Allegation at Dictionary.com

However, it could be said that Rickey's statement is at this point an item of unverified information.

Secondly, we're not in a court of law so strict legal definitions don't apply in what is presumably a casual conversation - thus, the reason for the definition I quoted and linked. Maybe I should have used Merriam-Webster instead:
hear·say

noun\ˈhir-ˌsā\: something heard from another person : something that you have been told

Hearsay - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Aside from the verbal nitpicking, the FBI and the Dayton Police are both after the teenage thugs that attacked Wagoner, so it's highly likely that in the near future his statement will prove to have been factual. Notice in the updated report linked below, there's audio/video evidence taken from the bus.

Shooting of Rickey Wagoner, Ohio bus driver saved by Bible booklet, being investigated as possible hate crime - CBS News

It's somewhat surprising that the FBI is actually investigating this attack as a hate crime - and it's about time. Black-on-white crime is way too common in this country and it hardly ever get reported by the media. Maybe if the authorities start finding these black punks in emergency rooms or dead in the street from self defense actions of their intended victims it will get more coverage.

Brisco

Expert Expediter
Seems like a two sided coin.

Yes...........I deserve the Tongue Lashing from <snort>......The Shelled One........

But..........I'm not one to be "Threatened" with a Subliminal Message that basically said......If you don't shut your Pie Hole.........It's going to Cost You.

I've been "Harassed" IRL enough by that little Group he's involved with. There's a LOT more going on OFF this Board than many know about. (FaceBook - EMails - Phone Calls)

That in itself speaks Desperation...............

Live with it..............WE reap what we sow.............and I deal with it regularly. NOT A SINGLE one here is ABOVE the Fray............No matter what how Important they think they are.....

Done in this Thread..............BUT..........One Question needs to be Answered....

ANYBODY seen MOOSE posting around here lately?????

Last edited:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Yes...........I deserve the Tongue Lashing from <snort>......The Shelled One........

But..........I'm not one to be "Threatened" with a Subliminal Message that basically said......If you don't shut your Pie Hole.........It's going to Cost You.
It's not subliminal at all. You've been warned and banned in the past for attacking members, and you are still doing it. Do it again and you're gone.

I've been "Harassed" IRL enough by that little Group he's involved with. There's a LOT more going on OFF this Board than many know about. (FaceBook - EMails - Phone Calls)

That in itself speaks Desperation...............
Congratulations, you've just accused me of illegal activity that I've had no part of, no nothing about, and you did so with zero evidence.

Brisco

Expert Expediter
I didn't accuse you of Anything.........

You and I BOTH know you're not involved.....whether you know about what's been going......Well.....I'm not going to accuse you of knowing about it either.........I do believe......and have enough respect for you to probably gather that your maturity level is WELL ABOVE than what the games the others are playing........

Would you not agree that:

Then contemplate what the ramifications of that might be on current or future boat ownership ...

.....is NOT a Personal Attack.....a THREAT???

If not..........then maybe the Board Powers will make smarter choices in Future Mod Selections.........

Like LDB said.........Seems like a two sided coin around here..........

Take it.......I am done this time.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Yes you did, unless "The Shelled One" is referring to someone other than me.

That in itself speaks Desperation..............

I'm not the only one who noticed it.

You and I BOTH know you're not involved.....whether you know about what's been going......Well.....I'm not going to accuse you of knowing about it either.........I do believe......and have enough respect for you to probably gather that your maturity level is WELL ABOVE than what the games the others are playing........
Then why accuse me of being involved with the group that is harassing you? I'm not part of any group and I'm not part of any childish harassment. Frankly, I wouldn't waste my time on you. You've already become more trouble than you are worth, as your childish antics are requiring a lot of time an energy that can be better utilized elsewhere The only reason I deal with you at all here on these boards is because it's my job. The last thing I'd want to do is make you a part of any part of my life outside this forum.

Would you not agree that:

.....is NOT a Personal Attack.....a THREAT???
No it's not. Not even close. You defamed him with your statement. He simply suggested that you look up the definition of the term and then prepare yourself for the financial consequences should he decide to pursue it. His comments were not out of the blue, they were in direct response to your attack, which was out of the blue, in a thread where you also referred to me as a liberal rag and a doofus. The doofis I'll grant, but the liberal rag, you couldn't be more wrong.

If not..........then maybe the Board Powers will make smarter choices in Future Mod Selections.........
That's a personal attack, actually.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Now how in the Zell did we get from here

LDB's
Gang initiation
It's hard to believe we have such worthless degenerates in society and harder to believe we tolerate them in any way shape or form.

RTA bus driver: Attack on me 'gang initiation' | Dayton, OH News | News & Information for Springfield and Clark County, Ohio | www.springfieldnewssun.com

to the current status??????????????????????? are we somewhat off topic
It started in Post #13 when someone went off-topic and crafted their response to the poster rather than the post, then it continued in Post #18 when someone else did the same, then the bus went off the off-topic cliff with Post #29. The bus burst into flames in Post #34, and the topic was completely discarded in Post #40, and there ya go.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter

If you're going to make (likely spurious) allegations, at least grow enough of a spine to be specific: tell us what exactly is going on ... and who exactly is involved.

If it's true, you have nothing to fear.

However, on the other hand, if it's not ...

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
...and I think this train has derailed long enough, sorry guys.

Dale

Sent from my SPH-D700 using EO Forums mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.