Frosty February 2015

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I can see that working and working well. But seals/gaskets I have in place now are of the home depot variety designed to stop drafts. Doors and Header rail are no longer a exact fit thanks too many fork trucks. Today properly was my first real issue on getting them open,and its not like I shouldn't have seen it coming. Simply opening them at the end of the wash and shaking some water off may have helped.:D

Well DOH...ya think?......LMAO

tknight

Veteran Expediter
i took my truck home last night after a shorty, so as not have to drive an extra 30 to my shop where i normally park, plugged it in, sometime during the night the gfi outlet tripped leaving my block heater dead, so now it wont start, turns real slow, went to -12 last night now just 5, heatwave not..............., wonder how long the block heaters gonna take to loosen up everything?

tknight

Veteran Expediter
now i'm just waiting for the sheriff to chase me away for commercial truck in residential area, last time they did i said what residents, the horses across the road? he just turned and left.............left me a ticket is what he did.

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Day 7 in the truck, 3 loads for upcoming settlement. Just turned down a mini that takes me farther away and it didn't pay enough to justify starting my log book and buying more fuel with nothing on the other end of it.. Thinking I'll just make a dinner date with the grandkids and go have some fun in town with them blowing up portals on Ingress..

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
i took my truck home last night after a shorty, so as not have to drive an extra 30 to my shop where i normally park, plugged it in, sometime during the night the gfi outlet tripped leaving my block heater dead, so now it wont start, turns real slow, went to -12 last night now just 5, heatwave not..............., wonder how long the block heaters gonna take to loosen up everything?
I use s heating pad over the injector system sometimes really seems to help

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Change of plans...Going to be a later dinner date...Mini that puts me maybe 20/miles farther then I am now but worth doing. Got to be flexible when it's worth doing

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Had good offers, but ended up with a Orrville Ohio to Richmond Indiana that delivers in the morning.

tknight

Veteran Expediter
Time to heat block up is about 4 hrs , up and running the sweet purr of Mercedes.... 1000watt heater in block so I'm going to add a timer to the circuit to save electric have it turn on about 5 hrs till I wake for duty why waste electric 1000 watts add up over a winter season

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Empty in Farmington mi topped off the tank at Kroger for $.30 less a gallon diesel then at the J. I don't need a extra shower credit that bad

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Naw, too dang cold in the house lol

Roadtime...you need a Pellet stove in your house ....use as supplement heat when home...we use ours full time with the Wife at home...no $$$$ propane....wife keeps it warm 73 to 75 degrees...about $ 180. to $ 200.. a month . depending on outside temp....no smoke smell....even heat through out the rooms....